Packers sign WR Holiday; Release Francies.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Sign WR Holiday; Release Francies

The Green Bay Packers Tuesday claimed wide receiver Carlyle Holiday on waivers from the Arizona Cardinals and released wide receiver Chris Francies. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the transaction.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a guy named Carlyle...thats awesome. When in a losing season, funny names are one of the only things that can make you smile, like taco wallace.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a guy named Carlyle...thats awesome. When in a losing season, funny names are one of the only things that can make you smile, like taco wallace.

lol Taco Wallace... I bet he got punched in grade school

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm glad. I didn't like Francies. Something about watching him just didn't seem right.

Kind of like Rodgers. Seeing him play, gosh he jus doesn't look like a football player in that uniform.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One practice squad player for another. This must be Thompsons way shaking up the team. "Sending a message" if you will.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One practice squad player for another. This must be Thompsons way shaking up the team. "Sending a message" if you will.

Would you prefer a druggie like Charles Rogers?

4 games left and we're 4-8. Little late to be shaking things up anyways.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson did it last year.

The last 4 weeks or so of the season he really churns the practice squad. It is his way of bringing in many people for a long look. He knows what Francies is and is not likely to be signed elsewhere.

It is just his "style' nothing else to it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I know right! WTF is Ted thinking? That spot could be had by LaVar Arrington, or Michael Vick or Steve Smith or GEEPERS anyone!!

Fire Ted IMMEDIATELY. How dare he try to get a view on more players to see if he can improve the overall roster. HOW DARE HE DO HIS JOB HIS WAY WHICH HE HAS PROVEN WORKS. (See Seatle Seahawks)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:

I know right! WTF is Ted thinking? That spot could be had by LaVar Arrington, or Michael Vick or Steve Smith or GEEPERS anyone!!

Fire Ted IMMEDIATELY. How dare he try to get a view on more players to see if he can improve the overall roster. HOW DARE HE DO HIS JOB HIS WAY WHICH HE HAS PROVEN WORKS. (See Seatle Seahawks)

If they seen that Francies just wasnt cutting it, and had a chance to pick someone else up...So they did that...

Its not like there are a ton of WR out there to choose from anyways....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
MidwestFavreFan said:

If they seen that Francies just wasnt cutting it, and had a chance to pick someone else up...So they did that...

LTF, I am assuming you've been here long enough to know my post that you quoted was not ME being serious... right? lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Zero2Cool said:
MidwestFavreFan said:

LTF, I am assuming you've been here long enough to know my post that you quoted was not ME being serious... right? lol

Of course, but at same time, it made me think why would he doing something like that

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
longtimefan said:
Zero2Cool said:
MidwestFavreFan said:

Of course, but at same time, it made me think why would he doing something like that

To think as foolish as the person who ... well I tink you can take it from there :)

Members online

Latest posts