Packers release CB Makinton Dorleant

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Dorleant was important enough for the team to bring him back from injured reserve to the active roster last season.
and that transaction closed the book on Lacy and Shields last year.... I have no idea what the relative health of either of them was at that point, but it seemed significant at the time that the Packers chose to bring in Dorleant instead of hoping to get back either Shields or Lacy for the playoff run.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

and that transaction closed the book on Lacy and Shields last year.... I have no idea what the relative health of either of them was at that point, but it seemed significant at the time that the Packers chose to bring in Dorleant instead of hoping to get back either Shields or Lacy for the playoff run.

Well, Shields has yet to clear the concussion protocol and there were several reports there was no chance Lacy could have returned last season.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Probably clearing roster space for some FA signings.

The Packers currently have 63 players on the roster. With teams being allowed to have 90 guys under contract during the offseason there was no need to release Dorleant to sign a free agent.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Shields has yet to clear the concussion protocol and there were several reports there was no chance Lacy could have returned last season.
probably true.... but at the time it did seem significant. The Packers probably knew neither player would be able to play again that year... or at all in the case of Shields...

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why drag out the obvious, kid wasn't going to make it this year; especially if we add 1 or more CBs in the Draft/FA.

Honestly if I were TT I'd be taking a good look at Tracy Porter for cheap.

Reaction score
I also wonder if his offseason antics didn't help him part ways. Convenient timing..this physical

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

For one last time... LOL

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, thanks. Porter has been struggling for several seasons running.

He's an upgrade over Dorleant though.

Keep in mind Porter has been struggling as a starting CB in the NFL, he may do fine as a 3rd or 4th option on the depth chart. Dorleant was just trying to remain relevant.

It also may be a scheme/coaching issue as Tracy Porter was a starting CB for the Saints for roughly 3-4 years which also resulted in a SB ring.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dorleant will be back....we need him on the Practice Squad so that he can be relied upon to start alongside Herb Waters by midseason. :coffee:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

The Packers currently have 63 players on the roster. With teams being allowed to have 90 guys under contract during the offseason there was no need to release Dorleant to sign a free agent.
I think he was joking. D*mn that dead pan humor sans imoji. :mad:

H

HardRightEdge

His nickname: The Law Firm

Now he needs one.

Last edited by a moderator: