Packers In Good Position Right Now.

L

Lunchboxer

If we beat the Lowly Rams and Vikings will be 7-0 heading into a bye week. After the Bye I be thinking if we reach 11 Wins we are garnteed Playoff bound.

I dont really care about going 16-0. Could it happen sure but I rather have all the guys healthy with Round 1 Bye. Hosting the Divisional Game At home.

Im predicting we will go 14-2 With the losses coming from the Chargers and maybe the Lions might sneak out a win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way they played against the Falcons, it won't surprise me when they beat the Chargers and sweep the Lions.
16-0. This team can do it.
I won't be disappointed if they don't but very happy if they do.
Like you, I just want to see them in the playoffs but if they can pull off a perfect record, then why not go for that?

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, packers in a good position to CONTEND heavily for a few years. I know driver is retiring soon, and one of the other wrs is a free agent, but if the staff can keep giving rodgers offensive talent, watch out nfl!

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which other WR is a free agent? Finley is a TE...

Excited by the way Sherrod played last night. Pcs are in place for long term success.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excited by the way Sherrod played last night. Pcs are in place for long term success.

This. Man o Man if Bulaga and newhouse/sherrod can bookend this offensive line with two big ol mean maulers on the inside with lang and sitton for the next few years we could be talking about a seriously good o line.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the SB, /Endgame! But I won't say no to a perfect record either and this team is more than capable of delivering both. With each game they amaze me more and more. I am just in awe. It makes me giddy, I feel like a 5 year old seeing Disney World for the first time. Like the feeling I had when they won the SB, only that was 100 fold. If this feeling lasts all season long, oh my!!!

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night was an extremely impressive performance if you ask me. They started slow, but man they dominated that game. Atlanta couldn't do nothing after putting up 14 points. They are in a great position right now, and they have a 5 year window of opportunity to make a run for the title if you ask me.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
16-0, Home field advantage thru the playoffs, NFC Championship game at Lambeau (I WILL BE THERE). At this point in the season, with this record, this team and the best QB in the NFL. How do you as a fan and ardent DIE HARD supporter of this team, set your sights at anything lower. Until this team is beaten how do YOU as a fan say you think they will be beaten. Don't give me this "i'm a realist crap". You either believe in this team or you don't. You either believe that this is the best team in the NFL or you don't. If you don't then you don't believe we can win the Super bowl and you may as well pack it in right now.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like you, I just want to see them in the playoffs but if they can pull off a perfect record, then why not go for that?

I would love to see a perfect (19-0 season)!

The only thing that scares me is I'd hate for the team to forget that bitter taste of a loss and become complacent. I want to make sure they have that same fire once they're in the playoffs as they do now. I would much rather them have a loss and say that will never happen again, then not have a loss in the regular season and keep thinking that will never happen to us. (IMHO, that is what happened to the Patriots the other year.)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most difficult thing for this team to do, will be to handle success.

That is what MM has been saying from day one. My feelings are that the Pack will not be complacent because MM has been talking about it from day 1. Hopefully, that thought is thoroughly ingrained in the minds of all the Packers.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you realy insinuating if we bench our starters after we clinch #1 seed, that we won't win with Flynn? Really!?... It's Matt MF'in Flynn!

L

Lunchboxer

Usually, if you go 16-0, your team is healthy and you are guaranteed a first round bye. So yes, you should care about going 16-0!

Yea but I dont want to see Rodgers get hurt Week 16 with the Division and #1 Seed Clutched. I would send Rodgers for some of that game.

I would love a Perfect Season but having all the guys healthy is a must.

I do think We would lose somewhere down the line. I think the Chargers would beat us. It would be a close game.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers aren't really in a great position yet, because the Lions keep winning. We need the Bears to beat them tonight to get us a little breathing room. I don't think that will happen.

Right now we have the potential scenario of splitting with the Lions, both teams go 15-1, and the Packers lose the tiebreakers and have to travel to San Francisco to play a 9-7 team in the Wild Card round. That's gotta be more likely than going 16-0. We can talk 16-0 and more importantly 19-0 if the Packers go 11-0 beating the Lions on Thanksgiving.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea but I dont want to see Rodgers get hurt Week 16 with the Division and #1 Seed Clutched. I would send Rodgers for some of that game.

I would love a Perfect Season but having all the guys healthy is a must.

I do think We would lose somewhere down the line. I think the Chargers would beat us. It would be a close game.
It's hard, no, make that impossible for me to see another team beating the Pack after what they did in Atlanta.
I know they could lose, but I can't imagine it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have a chance to go 16-0 you do it. It will motivate Rodgers to no end. And the NE season is fresh in everyones minds so its not like you need to remind anyone to take the SB seriously.

19-0 would be epic.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look what happened to the Colts every year they locked a bye week and sat starters.....lost in the playoffs/SB everytime. Look what happened the one time the Colts had to play every game in the reg season, they won the superbowl, with the exception of last year, I think...

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver was asked in the post game "What will it take to beat you" his answer "US"

Exactly, this team has the most talent, most depth, and most play makers Green Bay has seen since the Lombardi Years. IMO The best team in the league right now. But last night we saw what happens when you turn the ball over. Amazingly we came back down 14 in "lambeau south". Turnovers, costly mental mistakes/loss of control are the only thing that can slow these guys down right now.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell doesn't want to see the Packers go 16-0? Are you serious right now?? What kind of fan is anyone that says that? I get pissed every missed 3rd down, every turnover, every loss, no matter what the score or our standing. Whether we are 10-0 or 0-10.......If you don't want to see the Packers go undefeated then you're not a real fan. It's not like a choice A. Super Bowl Title or B. Undefeated regular season. YOU CAN DO BOTH. And this team is too good, they can do it. I'll be rooting for an undefeated season every step of the way.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
16-0, Home field advantage thru the playoffs, NFC Championship game at Lambeau (I WILL BE THERE). At this point in the season, with this record, this team and the best QB in the NFL. How do you as a fan and ardent DIE HARD supporter of this team, set your sights at anything lower. Until this team is beaten how do YOU as a fan say you think they will be beaten. Don't give me this "i'm a realist crap". You either believe in this team or you don't. You either believe that this is the best team in the NFL or you don't. If you don't then you don't believe we can win the Super bowl and you may as well pack it in right now.

Oh.. I'm FIIIIYAAAH'D UP NOW!!! GOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN PACK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*envision my little cheering cheeseheads down there with veins popping out of their necks and foreheads!!!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
We are definitely poised to go 7-0 into the bye week. This bye week is going to be extremely beneficial for our team. A lot of our guys are beat up and not even able to practice (woodson, matthews, tramon with his busted shoulder) so yeah an extra week of rest is going to be great for us and it will give Newhouse and the rest of the line a chance to get into a groove and then we should get Zombo back too which will help our pathetic pass rush.

After the bye week it should be smooth sailing the rest of the season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts