Packers and Langford

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Just curious...

The meetings that Ted, the coaches and the ones that handle the contract negotiations about the players that can be re-signed.... what is said about them?

Are the coaches the ones saying we dont want him back?? Are the cap gurus saying that there isnt enough money for them? Is Ted pounding his fist saying they cant come back?

I happen to know that sometimes MM refuses to have a player and Ted listens to him

I Think your dead on. TT Colabarates with MM on the talent. TT has to keep the CAP in mind and the core of the team he is going to need to resign in the future. Money and talent on hand, draft and develop, TT's MO.

Besides, we are going to need that cap to sign our two 1st round picks he is going for this year, OLB and DE.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think TT fits many of these characteristics of an ego driven person.

Note the fact that it's their way or the highway. They equate compromise with loss. Egotistical people also feel that they have to be the center of attention to validate themselves. They often neglect the needs of those around them and think only in terms of what will suit them.
      Learn that a person with a big ego needs constant praise. This happens because they're shielding low self-esteem with a capacity for achieving goals and entering contests. Unlike a person with high self-esteem, someone with a big ego needs the acclaim of others to boost their secretly underdeveloped self-image.
      Observe that someone with a big ego drives others away. The wear and tear of dealing with someone who's demanding and self-absorbed causes co-workers and associates to avoid the egotistical party. Catering to a big ego becomes a drain and people eventually cut off contact with them.
      Realize that an egotistical person often believes that another's success means they've failed. They feel better when people around them achieve and earn less.
      Understand that egotistical folks always compare themselves to others. They like to point out that they've made more money than their neighbor, or they become inflamed and try to outdo someone who has a bigger car or fancier clothes by making loftier purchases. They like to "keep up with the Joneses."
      Recognize that someone with a big ego likes to "undermine" others. Someone with a big ego wants to make sure that other people don't get ahead of them in business or life in general, so they're constantly on the defensive.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wouldn't a person only be able to determine this if they knew TT personally?
no. I don't need to meet jerry Jones to recognize a huge ego.

As for TT, have you seen aan interview with him where he appears to want to be there? I would say if he had his way he wouldn't do interviews. I see big egos wanting as much spotlight as they can get. Have you ever heard a quote where he takes any credit? Seems he always says - "[bold]we[/bold] had him rated pretty high.". I see a lot of evidence of humility and none of egotism.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No

As for TT, have you seen aan interview with him where he appears to want to be there? I would say if he had his way he wouldn't do interviews. I see big egos wanting as much spotlight as they can get. Have you ever heard a quote where he takes any credit? Seems he always says - "[bold]we[/bold] had him rated pretty high.". I see a lot of evidence of humility and none of egotism.

Nice post. Agreed, I dont see a big ego at all with TT or MM. They seem like two very humble, self effacing, soft spoken individuals.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see him as a guy who likes to be in the background and doesn't need to put his brand out there. I've never seen a GM as closed mouth as him. I may disagree with some of his decisions but I don't think he has a high ego at all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree he doesnt have a huge ego...during whole Brett thing, that is what was being brought up..

but as pointed out, he has never fit the mold of what a huge ego would be..

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No

I don't think he an ego either. I just think a person can have a private life profile and public life profile. Just because you know one doesn't mean you know the other.

Members online

Latest posts