Packer Rookies 2012

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Since someone revived the 2011 thread, I might as well make one for 2012. Who is the best rookie we got for short term and for long term?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of me wants to kind of jump on the Hayward bandwagon with his early camp performance. But it isn't even preseason yet so I'm going to cool my jets a little bit and fall back to Perry. He looks like a bad man out there in pads and I think he was the right pick for the Pack. Dark horse here could be worthy, If he works his way into more of the defensive packages as the year goes on and he can stay healthy he could really be disruptive on the DLine.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1- Jerel James Worthy (think Warren Sapp)
#2- Nick Agent P Perry (Shawne Merriman)
#3- Mike Daniels (John Randle)
#4- Casey Hayward (Mike McKenzie)
#5- Jerron McMillian
#6- Andrew Datko
#7- Terrell Manning

I think it's a helluva great draft class. Even the guys I have at 6 & 7 could make big impacts.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go with Perry for short term and Worthy for long term.

If Perry can step up, he will really take some pressure away from Matthews right away. I think Worthy has the potential to become a dominant players over time, but might not make as much of an impact right away.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I still doubt Perry's ability to transition to LB, so I'll take him as my long term. Short term: Worthy, rush rush rush

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may not end up being the most talented prospect in this draft pool, but Dezman Moses has some
skills and makes noteworthy plays every practice. He could wind up being the steal of the draft for
the Packers.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Short term it's got to be Perry. He's going to get some playing time even though his transition is going to be tough. Long term I'll say Worthy and my dark horse is Manning. Why would the Pack draft up to get such a late round pick? They see something in this guy. I think he's far more likely to make an impact than all those other UDFA LBs.
Of course I will admit that I see a long career for Casey Hayward just not sure I see pro bowl in him yet.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Short term I'm going Worthy

Long term, McMillian. We don't have collins or peprah, and woodson's days are numbered, so we will need a couple guys to step up in the long term.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe smokeycheddar started a similar thread last month. I expect Worthy to have the best season of any of the rookies, but I have yet to see any of them at practice yet.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts