One More Horse To Remember In The W.R. Race.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah Chad Lucas should help this team SOMEHOW.

1. He could be a starting WR
2. He adds depth which we needed last year due to injuries.
3. If he is (unfortunately) a tad overrated, he still provides some talent to the practice squad.

I'm rooting for him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Luca will contend for the #6 WR spot maybe #5. I expect

Driver
Gardner
Ferguson
Jennings
Rodgers
Boerigter
Lucas

That's 7.. I honestly coud see Boerigter getting cut in the final roster cutdown.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I think Luca will contend for the #6 WR spot maybe #5. I expect

Driver
Gardner
Ferguson
Jennings
Rodgers
Boerigter
Lucas

That's 7.. I honestly coud see Boerigter getting cut in the final roster cutdown.

Ferguson, FERGUSON! CUT Fergie! lol

I don't know that will happen simply because of his special teams an contract.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Europe is about as good as Division 1-AA football. What it does show me is Lucas' skill level is above average, giving him a legit shot at a roster spot.

I'm not convinced Ferguson will be with Green Bay very long. His former coach is in Texas. I think June 1 might see a change of scenery.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon guys. I know it's our job to get excited, but we have to remember that we're talking about NFL-E.

What kind of numbers do you think Ferguson or Chatman would be putting up over there? Against NFL-E cornerbacks?

Lucas is also benefitting by playing opposite that kid from Seattle. I forget his name, but he's drawing a lot of double-teams.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
C'mon guys. I know it's our job to get excited, but we have to remember that we're talking about NFL-E.

What kind of numbers do you think Ferguson or Chatman would be putting up over there? Against NFL-E cornerbacks?

Lucas is also benefitting by playing opposite that kid from Seattle. I forget his name, but he's drawing a lot of double-teams.

Fulton is his name. It is important to note that Lucas isn't the best WR on the roster, although he's doing rather well. He has a chance of making the roster, but there are a couple of draft picks he has to beat out first.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You never know.......this NFL Europe thing might be just what this kid needs to get his confidence up. Maybe he WILL be good.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson is cap neutral.

He costs about the same whether he plays or is cut.
His supporters (if any) will say he is playing for "free".
His detractors will point out that he is far over paid for his production
(compare production to Donald Lee and pay to Donald Driver)
and if he is holding back a promising prospect then there is no cap hit or gain.

His contract is such that no team would trade for Ferguson(over 2 million for 350 yards or 20 yards a game). Ferguson must play the best of his career or he will be cut.

Chris Samp is doing even better in NFL-E. Look for him this fall in Green and White.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget. Thompson has said that he may sign one more wide receiver. It probably depends on how the young guys do at the mini-camps.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Don't forget. Thompson has said that he may sign one more wide receiver. It probably depends on how the young guys do at the mini-camps.

I think it depends more on who ends up being cut after June 1. If there's a solid veteran WR who won't cost too much, then I think TT will go after that player.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
DePack said:

I think it depends more on who ends up being cut after June 1. If there's a solid veteran WR who won't cost too much, then I think TT will go after that player.

Yea...I'm still not comfortable with our wide receiver stuation. If a couple young guys step up we may be OK.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Bobby Roberts said:
DePack said:

Yea...I'm still not comfortable with our wide receiver stuation. If a couple young guys step up we may be OK.
Somebody will step to the plate. If Billy Schroeder can be a 1,000 receiver in GB's offense, I have faith in the guys on the roster. Jennings looks like a good pick and I think we are going to see Gardner play with a massive chip on his shoulder. DD will be DD which is very good.

I am more concerned with the interior O-line.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have a #1 reciever, i know that...but we're also committed to a completely different system of offense:
1) Running the ball effectively
2) "West coast system"--Hopefully guys like Henderson, Franks, Donald Lee are going to be included in the game plan, Sherm sometimes left them out
3) Ahman Green will catch a bunch of balls that he wasn't there to catch last year
4) Depth at wideout...Driver, Gardner, Jennings, Ferguson, Boeritger, now Lucas, Lee, Blackmon? Woodson?...there will be good competition

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, let's not consider Blackmon and Woodson in WR depth. I'm sure Woodson will see a couple plays each week, but that will be just to mix things up. Blackmon is best suited to play CB, and he could become a very good one.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Please, let's not consider Blackmon and Woodson in WR depth. I'm sure Woodson will see a couple plays each week, but that will be just to mix things up. Blackmon is best suited to play CB, and he could become a very good one.

Like I keep saying, Blackmon was a first-early second round pick if he stayed cornerback all four years, or came out last year...but he's gotta be considered in the mix for reciever

I think Blackmon will be a nickel/dime back this year and could push to start when Harris/Woodson start to slow down

The question is, someone (Carroll or I think Hawkins) will be switched to free safety...

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Bobby Roberts said:

Like I keep saying, Blackmon was a first-early second round pick if he stayed cornerback all four years, or came out last year...but he's gotta be considered in the mix for reciever

I think Blackmon will be a nickel/dime back this year and could push to start when Harris/Woodson start to slow down

The question is, someone (Carroll or I think Hawkins) will be switched to free safety...

Neither Carroll or Hawkins would make a good safety. Carroll is too small and one of his weaknesses is tackling. Hawkins is raw in his positioning as a CB, so being in the right position to backup the entire defense would be very difficult.

TT is following Wolf's claim that you can never have too many DBs. With Carroll, Hawkins and Blackmon we've got 3 good backup CBs that all will get better with more experience.

As for Blackmon at WR, I can't find the article, but I recall a quote from the WR coach saying that the DB coach has dibs on Blackmon. The meaning I got from that is that he will be in the DB mix this year. Transitioning to the NFL is difficult for any rookie, but having him learn both a difficult offense and defense I think would be too much.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Blackmon will serve as a decoy, a la Charles Woodson his first few seasons, he'll come in for a few packages, maybe they'll have a designed screen play for him or something considering he's our fastest guy now...

Members online

Latest posts