Oklahoma Drill

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Might as well wrap these guys in bubble wrap and only play them during regular season games.

That or go back to old school football, wear the leather helmets, muddy up the fields to slow them down, let them play football and next healthy body up!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL is scared of concussion and injury lawsuits. They even banned some celebrations, so no wonder.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I had to google that to find out what in hell that was. Back in the day, it was called the "nutcracker" for obvious reasons.

Will it damage the game? It's already a wussified video game so... Whatever

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Thanks Weeds as I had no idea what it was, and thought I was just stupid. I`ve never heard of it. I believe players need protection, but how far is it likely to go.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone needs to send that to NFL bigwigs.

American football is pretty much a full contact sport, injuries are going to happen whether during a game or even training/practice. they have, from what i can tell, made so many rule changes to try and protect players, but at the end of the day the NFL can only be held responsible for very little injuries. As anyone who has worked in any kind og health and safety role knows, risk can pretty much never be reduced to zero, even the law(UK) maintains that EMPLOYERS must bring risk down to As Low As Reasonably Practicable.

at one point the rule makers need to man up and realise they have done all they can do with current knowledge and technology

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I have no idea what an oklahoma drill is, but in middleschool we would do what we called death valley. Two lines would form about 10 feet from eachother going in opposite directions. The people at the end of each line would lay on the ground on their back, one side had a ball on the ground. When the coach would blow the whistle you both had to flip over get up, the guy on the side with the ball had to grab it and make it to the other side without being taken down. If the coach knew a kid was really speedy he would make him do it with his jersey over his head to handycap him. It was the most requested drill at practice.

H

HardRightEdge

It goes by different names in different places, but this is what it looks like:

Like it or not, there may come a time in the not too distant future where the 3-point stance is elimited.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Some day, this might be the "safest" way to play the game. :coffee:

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It goes by different names in different places, but this is what it looks like:

Like it or not, there may come a time in the not too distant future where the 3-point stance is elimited.
That drill is every play in a game... don't understand how a team is expected to execute it on game day if they can't practice it.

Completely agree that the 3-point stance will be going away... coming out of the stance ensures head-to-head contact is first which is EXACTLY what the NFL is trying to minimize/eliminate.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't likes the looks of that at all. Those poor guys are just setting themselves up for knee and ankle injuries. I was hoping for something more like this

H

HardRightEdge

Might as well wrap these guys in bubble wrap and only play them during regular season games.

That or go back to old school football, wear the leather helmets, muddy up the fields to slow them down, let them play football and next healthy body up!

Why stop there? Helmets are for p*ssies. Take it back to 1904:

https://booktrib.com/2016/10/dateline-1905-why-did-teddy-roosevelt-want-football-to-be-banned/

The game has not been the same since they banned "free lunching".

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All those strained thumbs.

and the constant shaving of your palms!

I haven't really looked at video games in years, was impressed by the graphics and have to say, I watched some of the Madden Super Bowl and was a bit entertained.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why stop there? Helmets are for p*ssies. Take in back to 1904:

https://booktrib.com/2016/10/dateline-1905-why-did-teddy-roosevelt-want-football-to-be-banned/

Nice story! Didn't realize football was "gladiators" in the early years:

"In 1903, 25 players died from football injuries."

"made today’s cage fighting look like patty cake."

Anyone have the YouTube video? :D

This was the earliest I could find:

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
Why stop there? Helmets are for p*ssies. Take in back to 1904:

Good article, thanks

I got a buddy of mine, (Hugh man) that played football in grade school, high school and college.

He has twin sons both 16 years old built like Mack trucks and loves the game but their dad refuses to let him play
because of this brain injury's playing football that been all over the news lately.

I don't know what I'd do today if I still had my son at home yet and wanted to play football.

Members online

Latest posts