OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's bad. I might have overstated with one of the worst in the nation. People don't hang out after night games or walk too far out of the area

Thats fair.

It'll be WAY, WAY different starting in 2014. The area the stadium is being built is in the heard of Silicon Valley, has am amusement park next door, and a convention center and Golf Course across the street. Very different area.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats fair.

It'll be WAY, WAY different starting in 2014. The area the stadium is being built is in the heard of Silicon Valley, has am amusement park next door, and a convention center and Golf Course across the street. Very different area.

Lol someone told me they had their car jacked out of the team parking lot after.

You're right, the new stadium is in a great area but farther from the city than most would like.

The stick has its appeal, on the water and the winds were one of a kind

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, in every single game you mentioned those teams had balanced, physical offensive attacks.

The Vikings game, Ponder was able to repeatedly beat our secondary.
The Giants game, you are mistaken. Bradshaw put up 116.
The Seahawks game you are mistaken, yet again. Lynch had 111 yards (where are you getting your number?).
The Rams are a run first team that played a physical, short passing, balanced attack against us.

If you're not balanced, things will be difficult for you, unless your defense shows up.

The Packers do not need that kind of balance. They need to establish the running game enough to keep the 9ers from setting up for the pass on every down. In the second half of the season, with a couple of exceptions, the Packers have succeeded in doing just that. The Packers have been averaging about 100-120 yards per game lately.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol someone told me they had their car jacked out of the team parking lot after.

You're right, the new stadium is in a great area but farther from the city than most would like.

The stick has its appeal, on the water and the winds were one of a kind

Yeah...but lets be real....

Most of the 49ers season ticket holders are from the South Bay to begin with. Its actually a SHORTER drive for them. Most of the peeps who had an issue with the move are people who thinks that the only city in the Bay Area is SF. SJ is bigger in both size and population and the money in the area is in the South Bay. Thats why the A's want to move south and why the Giants won't let them (South Bay is considered "Giants Territory".

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can one team prevent another team from moving?

They can't prevent them from moving, but they can prevent them into moving into "their territory". The South Bay is considered Giants territory so the A's can't move there without the Giants permission.

Bud Selig is completely useless in this regard to settle the dispute.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They can't prevent them from moving, but they can prevent them into moving into "their territory". The South Bay is considered Giants territory so the A's can't move there without the Giants permission.

Bud Selig is completely useless in this regard to settle the dispute.

Ahhhh got it

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter Angelos who owned the Orioles, fought bitterly for years to keep a baseball team from coming to Washington, DC claiming it was Orioles territory and would hurt his franchise economically.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're not balanced, things will be difficult for you, unless your defense shows up.

Harris = Balance, more than we need.
49ers are in for a surprise from both Packers offense and defense.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yeah...but lets be real....

Most of the 49ers season ticket holders are from the South Bay to begin with. Its actually a SHORTER drive for them. Most of the peeps who had an issue with the move are people who thinks that the only city in the Bay Area is SF. SJ is bigger in both size and population and the money in the area is in the South Bay. Thats why the A's want to move south and why the Giants won't let them (South Bay is considered "Giants Territory".
Yet the Raiders still moved back to your country, and the Vikings sprung up in ours. Let's not forget Baltimore and Washington, or NY

LargeRon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol yep I dorked those numbers up bad I actually showed the attempts column not the yards column oops.

goldstandard333

49ers Fan
Reaction score
49ers will be a tough game..... but we can beat the same way we Vikings...... shut down Gore keep contain on Kapernick running and make them throw it. I think think we can take the offense will put up points and make them play from behind.

be careful what you ask for. Patriots fans thought the same thing. :D

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to watch out for #38, a cheapshot artist back there.... he's good but cheap. Dashon. Goldson.

He leads with his head a lot, will go after receivers heads as he doesn't care about the personal foul calls.

Like Louis Delmas, I've seen this safety try to take out a lot of guys ACL's before.
I hate guys like that and wonder why what happened to clean Nick Collins can't happen to these cheapshot artists instead.

I just found a couple of them.....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Those ACL-shots I DO have a BIG PROBLEM with. I want Goldson to concuss himself, or break his neck. Not die, that would be cruel. Just a small vertebrae is fine. I kid. But really, why did Nick Collins career end to a neck, and he just had someone jump over him? And why did Sterling Sharpe's career end early due to a neck, but guys like this don't go down?

I really hate this guy... I have no problem with the big hits from Justin, Aldon Smith, Bowman and Willis. But this guy Goldson? I wish bad things on this guy, he ax for it. He a thug.

Donte Whitner also tries to knock heads off.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to watch out for #38, a cheapshot artist back there.... he's good but cheap. Dashon. Goldson.

He leads with his head a lot, will go after receivers heads as he doesn't care about the personal foul calls.

Like Louis Delmas, I've seen this safety try to take out a lot of guys ACL's before.
I hate guys like that and wonder why what happened to clean Nick Collins can't happen to these cheapshot artists instead.

Those ACL-shots I DO have a BIG PROBLEM with. I want Goldson to concuss himself, or break his neck. Not die, that would be cruel. Just a small vertebrae is fine. I kid. But really, why did Nick Collins career end to a neck, and he just had someone jump over him? And why did Sterling Sharpe's career end early due to a neck, but guys like this don't go down?

I really hate this guy... I have no problem with the big hits from Justin, Aldon Smith, Bowman and Willis. But this guy Goldson? I wish bad things on this guy, he ax for it. He a thug.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
be careful what you ask for. Patriots fans thought the same thing. :D
goldstandard333, **** with the X rep on this post. What's wrong with you girl? There's nothing here except link to ESPN article the day the 49ers beat us in September that cautions Packer fans.

I was cordial to Viking fans this week, but you neg me for this?

What are you, 13 years old?

NinerDieHard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

alright I'll call some of these out, first one i'm calling clean. I don't remember that hit and you can't see from the replay but in real time that definately seemed like a shoulder hit because his head didnt snap back immediately like a head hit would, pretty obvious that's a shoulder hit. second video, no excuse for fighting honestly but that was definately provoked as goldson was smacked in the back of the head. doucet likes to do those things when he gets frustrated. and the whitner hit i can't believe you think that is dirty. was it helmet to helmet? yes, was it clean? yes, was it a hard fricken hit? yes! if he would've gone higher he would've been run over, he was trying to hit the midsection and the saints back lowered his head just as much, plus trying to hit someone short it's a lot harder to get low on him without just taking out the ankles. Don't get me wrong we have VERY physical safeties, but they play clean

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alright I'll call some of these out, first one i'm calling clean. I don't remember that hit and you can't see from the replay but in real time that definately seemed like a shoulder hit because his head didnt snap back immediately like a head hit would, pretty obvious that's a shoulder hit. second video, no excuse for fighting honestly but that was definately provoked as goldson was smacked in the back of the head. doucet likes to do those things when he gets frustrated. and the whitner hit i can't believe you think that is dirty. was it helmet to helmet? yes, was it clean? yes, was it a hard fricken hit? yes! if he would've gone higher he would've been run over, he was trying to hit the midsection and the saints back lowered his head just as much, plus trying to hit someone short it's a lot harder to get low on him without just taking out the ankles. Don't get me wrong we have VERY physical safeties, but they play clean
I didn't say the Whitner hit was dirty, or the hard one on Early Doucet.
The ones into the ACLs are the ones I say are dirty.
Too many injuries occur on ***** tackles like that.
I've seen too many ACL's torn like that..... the one on Willis McGahee at the U of Miami in the Orange Bowl, Adrian Peterson last year, etc.
Just look at the freeze frames of Goldson.... the punk just dives down on his knees and lowers his head.... as the guys are running thru the area.

When tacklers had fundamentals still, they taught us to SEE WHAT YOU HIT.
Google Mike Singletary sometimes or watch Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis. These ***** cheap DBs these days that close their eyes and throw their ROCK HELMETS into knees... that has to stop.
Goodell is focusing on the wrong stuff.

goldstandard333

49ers Fan
Reaction score
goldstandard333, **** with the X rep on this post. What's wrong with you girl? There's nothing here except link to ESPN article the day the 49ers beat us in September that cautions Packer fans.

I was cordial to Viking fans this week, but you neg me for this?

What are you, 13 years old?

Members online

Latest posts