Now I am Really Pulling for You (in part for selfish reasons)

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case you forgot or did not see me before, Saints' fan here. You may recall that I declared early on that I hoped for a New Orleans v. GB NFCG. Well I still do, but now more than ever since it is an all probability our best chance to host a playoff game.

Ordinarily I might hope that what I perceive to be the weakest team to get the other Wildcard spot. But I don't think that is in our best interest this year.

Unless we beat Tampa AND Carolina beats Atlanta this weekend, we will be a wildcard team. I have no confidence the latter happens.

I like GB's chances of beating Philly and then Atlanta, which would bring you guys to NOLA (assuming we make it that far, which of course is what I am hoping for).

Good luck this weekend, you guys deserve to be in the playoffs and I really like your chances against Chicagao.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case you forgot or did not see me before, Saints' fan here. You may recall that I declared early on that I hoped for a New Orleans v. GB NFCG. Well I still do, but now more than ever since it is an all probability our best chance to host a playoff game.

Ordinarily I might hope that what I perceive to be the weakest team to get the other Wildcard spot. But I don't think that is in our best interest this year.

"Unless we beat Tampa AND Carolina beats Atlanta this weekend, we will be a wildcard team. I have no confidence the latter happens.

I like GB's chances of beating Philly and then Atlanta, which would bring you guys to NOLA (assuming we make it that far, which of course is what I am hoping for).

Good luck this weekend, you guys deserve to be in the playoffs and I really like your chances against Chicagao.

Thanks for the back-handed compliment. I think you're right about us getting to New Orleans, unless we wind up in Chicago.:chisux:

OP
OP
morningwood

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome post MW!
Heres to seeing you on gameday! :drinks:

Thanks.

Thanks for the back-handed compliment. I think you're right about us getting to New Orleans, unless we wind up in Chicago.:chisux:

Sometimes things are lost in translation, but if you think I was really insulting your team I was not. It's not that I think GB is the weakest team, quite the contrary - I think GB is the potential WC team that could actually make it to the NFCCG. If we made it to the NFCCG against a division winner it will be on the road. I would rather play at home even if it means playing a better team.

And, I think the playoffs are a better "product" with GB than without. GB is the only NFC team I could actually pull for if the Saints were not in the mix.

BTW, my ultimate hope is that NO plays the Pats in the SB and that is certainly not because I think they are easy pickings. I just think the Pats would offer the best competion (really no matter which NFC team makes it).

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense taken. You're obviously a clear thinker.

And I sincerely hope your team destroys the Rugs in the playoffs.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol Woodchipper, again another awesome sig.

i actually posted that picture in one of the threads hating on Jay Cutler. thought it was hilarious then and still do now.

Members online

Latest posts