Non-conference schedule for the Badgers

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have the Badgers ever scheduled a non-conference game with a Top 25 team other than Fresno State?

I applaud the Gophers for scheduling a tough opponent in Cal where they showed that they will have some game in the future but at least they took a shot at a Pac-10 team.

I mean come on, if we expect a National Championship to ever come out of this program we need to schedule some big games for non-conference. More national spotlight will help the Badgers bring in the top recruits for us to be able to compete with Michigan and Ohio State who annually have great recruiting classes and legitimate title chances.

If they are gonna have such a poor non-conf. schedule why not go ahead save some money and play UW-Whitewater.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think the best way to get to a BCS title game out of the Big Ten is to schedule nobodies for nonconference, and then go undefeated in conference play. If you go unbeaten, you'll at least be in the BCS title discussion.

It's one of the major flaws of the system.

OP
OP
bad93ex

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the best way to get to a BCS title game out of the Big Ten is to schedule nobodies for nonconference, and then go undefeated in conference play. If you go unbeaten, you'll at least be in the BCS title discussion.

It's one of the major flaws of the system.

I think the Big Ten has lost a lot of cred with both Penn State and OSU losing BCS bowl games this past year so having a little tougher non-conf will help.

If they would go undefeated through the season they are helped by the fact there is no conference title game. Which is BS since the Big 12 and the SEC both have one.

ByeByeBrettyBoy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't make sense why they don't make every conference have a conference title game. And what is the point of having Independents? Why can Notre Dame pick their full schedule when schools like Boise State are stuck playing their scrub conference teams like Idaho and New Mexico State

OP
OP
bad93ex

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't make sense why they don't make every conference have a conference title game. And what is the point of having Independents? Why can Notre Dame pick their full schedule when schools like Boise State are stuck playing their scrub conference teams like Idaho and New Mexico State
Maybe I am crazy but the Big Ten should see if they could give Indiana the boot and invite Boise State into our conference. Just an idea.

Members online

Latest posts