Nolan to Broncos

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems the Packers may have lost out on their chance to get Mike Nolan to be the new defensive coordinator. It seems the Broncos are close to signing him.

If this turns out to be true, which it seems to be, I am going to be a little disappointed because I was really looking forward to a possible switch to the 3-4.

Any thoughts?

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of me is relieved. There's always a risk with picking up coaching re-treads (Williams and Nolan). Sometimes they learn from their experience as HC and turn out great... but you never know until after you make the hire. I'd rather risk it with an up and comer that a past failure.

I'm kind of surprised how the whole Denver thing played out. I knew McDaniels was a strong candidate, but I thought for sure he'd follow Pioli wherever he landed.

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya I didnt like the sound of Nolan ... Williams does blitz D and its been a long time since GB had a good D that focused ont eh blitz

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somewhat disapointed, somewhat relieved. We probably would have botched switching to a 3-4 like we botched switching to a zone blocking scheme.

LindyChop

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping we get a chance to interview McDermott from Philly. Worked for Johnson who in turn worked for Fritz while in Arizona. Similar styles. Both old timers know how to use their personnel.