No FA = No Conference/SB

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cousins does sign for Vikings, they will be at par with us to win the division. It will be a close contest to say at least. I predict we still have the edge in #12, but it'll be a tight season.

Another article on who will win NFC next season heavily favours Eagles followed by Saints. We are probably #3 or #4 depending on various 'experts' rate the Vikings.

Either way, I'm not sure if we can bridge the gap or make the big jump just through the Draft, even if we trade up. I think we are at a place where no FA = No Conference/SB is a high probability (though nothing is certain, as usual).

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad Gutenkunst hasn't been over anxious to sign somebody to please the fans like Ted was with Martellus (just overpriced, not for being a bad player). There are enough guys out there, find the right bargain.

As far as the division goes I also expect it to be neck and neck with Minnesota. Slight edge goes to us assuming we address the corners in any way.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all due to my thread. Gute probably reads this forum.

I'll humbly take the credit.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I move that we refer to all Packers free agent signings as Gute Loot.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If Cousins does sign for Vikings, they will be at par with us to win the division. It will be a close contest to say at least. I predict we still have the edge in #12, but it'll be a tight season.

Another article on who will win NFC next season heavily favours Eagles followed by Saints. We are probably #3 or #4 depending on various 'experts' rate the Vikings.

Either way, I'm not sure if we can bridge the gap or make the big jump just through the Draft, even if we trade up. I think we are at a place where no FA = No Conference/SB is a high probability (though nothing is certain, as usual).

This could be a hot take but I dont think Kirk Cousins is all that good to be honest.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This could be a hot take but I dont think Kirk Cousins is all that good to be honest.
Couldn’t agree more. I do not know why so much hype has been around Kirk Cousins. Teams don’t give up a franchise QB, if he’s a true franchise QB. He has the same win-loss ratio to Tyrod Taylor. The Vikings made a massive mistake and bought into the hype KC’s agent was hoping for. The old saying, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” Exists for a reason.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. I do not know why so much hype has been around Kirk Cousins. Teams don’t give up a franchise QB, if he’s a true franchise QB. He has the same win-loss ratio to Tyrod Taylor. The Vikings made a massive mistake and bought into the hype KC’s agent was hoping for. The old saying, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” Exists for a reason.

Apparently some people adhere to the much lesser known but equally old saying "if it ain't broke I'm going to try like hell to break it"

Staff online

Latest posts