Nick Collins

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was the last time fans have heard the words "safety", "filling the hole" and "punishing hit" out of Green Bay??

I know it is early, but I am getting excited about this kid. Athleticism second to none, good work habits, and a willingness....no, make that desire, to knock people on their *****.

Has anyone here watched camp to provide more feedback on Nick Collins.

Man, cannot wait til' Friday to watch for myself!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember the exhibition game with the Chiefs stopped due to lightning?? Safety!

Ferguson took a "punishing hit" last year!

Filling a hole was done when Flanagan left with injury and was not done when Lee and Jackson(not the Generals) were out with injury.

Who has reported punishing hits filling holes? For not seeing it personally how can you conclude Athleticism second to none?

I too hope to see it soon.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Remember the exhibition game with the Chiefs stopped due to lightning?? Safety!

Ferguson took a "punishing hit" last year!

Filling a hole was done when Flanagan left with injury and was not done when Lee and Jackson(not the Generals) were out with injury.

Who has reported punishing hits filling holes? For not seeing it personally how can you conclude Athleticism second to none?

I too hope to see it soon.

Are you talkig about the HOF game on Aug 2, 1980? It was against San Diego, the Chargers were leading 2-0 when the game was stopped. Am I remembering this correctly? Or was there a more recent game with KC that I am forgetting?
Hammer

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cali....lemme see here....runs a sub 4.4 40, excellent hips and change of direction, good vertical...all the measureables (athleticism) are there for anyone who cares to make themselves aware. Can he translate it to the field? We will all see in the next few weeks.

As far as his punishing hit filling the hole.....try this on for size, Cali....read Packers related articles from various sources and you too can be informed of what it happening in camp.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer, I think that was like 4 or 5 years ago. In either case, it was pretty recent.

So what's shakin' out east, Duke?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Hammer, I think that was like 4 or 5 years ago. In either case, it was pretty recent.

Yup, I missed that one.
Not much here, just went through the Dawg Daze. Pumped for the football season, which rather nicely coincides with the new brewing season.
Hammer

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
digsthepack said:

Yup, I missed that one.
Not much here, just went through the Dawg Daze. Pumped for the football season, which rather nicely coincides with the new brewing season.
Hammer

Sorry for the hijack...hammer do you homebrew?

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that is nice is that this RB Robertson is 6'-1" and 235...no small package. The kid is not intimidated by the any of this.

Of all the complaints(legitimate ones) that have been raised around the Pack the last several years, the one that bugs me the most is the fact that our defense had become softer than butter in the sun.

It appears the common denominators amongst this year's defensive rookies is a non-stop motor, physical play, and apparently fearlessness.

Poppinga may be a player for us in a year or 2 on defense, but watch him as a special team's demon this year.

Enough to get a little excited about in the last several days.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Hammer said:
digsthepack said:

Yup, I missed that one.
Hammer

Sorry for the hijack...hammer do you homebrew?
Yup, I've got 18 years under my belt. I see you're from Hampton, I know the dudes from St. George pretty well.
Hammer
Oh yeah, I live in Durham, NC, and make it to VA a few times a year. To party of course.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GOOD, i hope thats what our new safeties bring to this team...IDENTITY, not playing pass and pass only (poorly) like sharper and roman...i wanna see run support, i wanna see us clocking recievers over the middle of the field, glad to hear collins arriving with this tenacity

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
When was the last time fans have heard the words "safety", "filling the hole" and "punishing hit" out of Green Bay??

I know it is early, but I am getting excited about this kid. Athleticism second to none, good work habits, and a willingness....no, make that desire, to knock people on their *****.

Has anyone here watched camp to provide more feedback on Nick Collins.

Man, cannot wait til' Friday to watch for myself!

Chuck Cecil

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck yes Chuck Cecil! He was good for at least 3 slobber-knockers a game, wasn't he?

I still remember the hit he put on Neal Anderson of the Bears in Lambeau. He hit Anderson who fell like a sack of potatoes and Cecil started shaking all over as we was standing over him. Shaking like he just took some drug that was giving him a high feeling. We need that type of "Nitschke-like" attitude on our defense!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Heck yes Chuck Cecil! He was good for at least 3 slobber-knockers a game, wasn't he?

I still remember the hit he put on Neal Anderson of the Bears in Lambeau. He hit Anderson who fell like a sack of potatoes and Cecil started shaking all over as we was standing over him. Shaking like he just took some drug that was giving him a high feeling. We need that type of "Nitschke-like" attitude on our defense!

ND, one of the greatest hits of all time. Remember it like it was yesterday.

Bates enthusiasm is great to see. He will make a difference as DC of this team. "Get that man a drink of water!" I love it.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look for Underwood and Collins to be our starting safties in the near future. I read an article that said him and Underwood shared a room together and would study plays and quiz each other on formations during the night. These guys are going to be great. Also Poppinga too, guy is a beast.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the Ravens were looking at Collins but the pack drafted him thats a good sign seeing how the ravens already chose the best ballhawking hard hitting safeties in Ed Reed hopefully the ravens were right again

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be great to see a couple of safties delivering "slobberknockers" again. Rather than the 2 tackles that Sharper perfected, the "reach" and the "whiff" tackle. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts