1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

New NFL schedule format???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Steel Wheels, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The NFL is looking into going to an 18 game schedule with a 2 game pre-season.

In the new setup a team would play their regular 6 games in their division and they would play the remaining teams in their conference once. 6 division games and 12 games with the remaining teams in the conference.

There would be no inter-conference games until the Super Bowl.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    could I get the link?

3. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
  4. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

There is a link from 2004, where I got my info.

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Where?

6. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You always need help...you didn't even know 2/4 = .500

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think someone who feels the Pre Season holds ground on who goes to the Super Bowl should be attempting to knock someone elses intelligence.

Again I ask, can I have the link? You keep dodging this question, all I ask is for the link bud.

8. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    18 games

I guess I would like to see 2 more games that mean something , but keep the inter-conference match-ups . There are some good ones , like this years game vs Pitt (packer win of course ) .

The NFL would have to get out a new stat book with the 2 extra games . But in the past they have gone from a 12 game season to 14 to 16 .
    I just hope if they go to a 18 games season the players don't hold out for more money because they have to play 2 more games ( which will happen ) .
    Could you imagine a player going into Lombardi's office and demanding more money on a contract that he already signed ?

:beer: GO PACK

9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    One wonders about the Wisconsin Hospitality from some fans when they have to play these types of games....

Slick - I'll try and see if I can find something for ya....!

Personally - if this is true, btw - I just don't see having only two Pre-season games as healthy for any Team. They need more time - the only other way, would be to have some volunteer inter-divisional matches in Training Camp - they could pull that off, and the League would be unwise to stop them - isn't Training Camp up to each Team on what they do? I think it is....

An 18 Game Season - huh - it's almost as if it's gonna get out of hand before we even realize it - if this is true, that is.... I'll go look, too - but so far, we haven't seen ANY PROOF, from anyone else around here....yet :!: