NEED YOUR HELP , GOING TO GB.

PACKERSLEGENDS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HELLO FELLOW PACKERS FANS . I WILL BE GOING TO MY FIRST NFL GAME EVER !! I'M A HUGE PACKERS FAN FROM L.A AND I CANT WAIT FOR THIS EXPERIENCE . I WILL BE THERE FOR THE DECEMBER 11TH GAME VS THE RAIDERS . I WILL BE THERE ON FRIDAY NOON .

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO PRE-GAME , WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO GO . TAILGATING ? IT'S JUST ME AND MY FRIEND GOING ARE PEOPLE FRIENDLY TO WHERE WE CAN TAILGATE WITH THEM ? I JUST WANT TO KNOW AND BE A LITTLE BIT PREPARED AND HAVE IDEAS ON WHAT WE CAN DO TO HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE BE THAT MUCH BETTER . THIS IS GONNA BE A DREAM COME TRUE !! CANT WAIT TO SEE LAMBEAU !!

Reaction score
I WISH I COULD HELP BUT I LIVE IN CHARLOTTE!
ARE PEOPLE FRIENDLY
EVERYONE IS VICIOUS! BE CAREFUL (WITH EXTRA CAPS). NO SERIOUSLY THOUGH. IF THIS IS HOW ALL PEOPLE FROM L.A. TYPE I AM REALLY GOING TO CONSIDER MOVING THERE :). HAVE FUN AND I JUST WENT TO MY FIRST LAMBEAU GAME LAST WEEK AND IT WAS SO FUN AND I WANT TO GO AGAIN AND THAT IS ALL.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Everything else aside ... make sure that your feet stay warm. I'm not kidding. The December and January games can be miserable if your feet are cold. Everything else will fall into place -- Oh..one other thing, contrary to popular opinion, alcohol isn't really human anti-freeze. :)

D

Dan115

The benches can become cold and hard. You might want to take something to sit on. Hopefully you will be on your feet jumping up and cheering after many Packer plays.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good bit of advice, dress for the cold weather. Your body can't adapt as fast to the rapid drop in temperature from sunny, nice Cali to the Frozen Tundra. So bring some serious winter gear especially for during the game. I hear there is no heater in Lambeau field. :)

OP
OP
PACKERSLEGENDS

PACKERSLEGENDS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank You all for your advice , As you can see no CAPITAL letters .. Just needed to get your attention and it WORKED..Yes the change of weather would be the toughest thing for us to get used to . But it's all going to be worth it . I'm super excited and inpatient to be there . Really appreciate all your help . Any more advise please keep them coming.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Caps werent needed for attention...

Same effect if not better is to bold the letters

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 1st game will be January 1st, I'm driving about 12 hours and spending 2 nights. I just went and bought my wife and myself matching 600 gram boots, are those heavy enough? or should I take them back for more grams? lol

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
make sure you do the stadium tour as well as the packers hall of fame. two MUST dos.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My 1st game will be January 1st, I'm driving about 12 hours and spending 2 nights. I just went and bought my wife and myself matching 600 gram boots, are those heavy enough? or should I take them back for more grams? lol

Those should be okay...Not sure if you seen these or not..But once in Gb should be able to find them

chemical foot warmers and hand warmers

Or buy them now

http://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Toe-Warmer-Adhesive-Pair/dp/B001EPHGO8

http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Factory-...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1321734903&sr=1-9

If your toes arent cold, you will be more confortbale

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
HELLO FELLOW PACKERS FANS . I WILL BE GOING TO MY FIRST NFL GAME EVER !! I'M A HUGE PACKERS FAN FROM L.A AND I CANT WAIT FOR THIS EXPERIENCE . I WILL BE THERE FOR THE DECEMBER 11TH GAME VS THE RAIDERS . I WILL BE THERE ON FRIDAY NOON .

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO PRE-GAME , WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO GO . TAILGATING ? IT'S JUST ME AND MY FRIEND GOING ARE PEOPLE FRIENDLY TO WHERE WE CAN TAILGATE WITH THEM ? I JUST WANT TO KNOW AND BE A LITTLE BIT PREPARED AND HAVE IDEAS ON WHAT WE CAN DO TO HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE BE THAT MUCH BETTER . THIS IS GONNA BE A DREAM COME TRUE !! CANT WAIT TO SEE LAMBEAU !!
a couple of things from my first trip to Lambeau for the opener. You have to go to the Hall of fame and take the stadium tour (that one's for you longtime fan). when you are in the HOF look at the back of one of the first two championship trophy's and look for a dent. I didn't see it when i was there but someone told me afterwards that one of them got a dent when they were partying with it (True or not?) I am a little confused if the trophy's in the HOF are the originals because on MNF they showed the four trophy's in the lobby of the offices of the Packers. Ask them while you are there and let me know.

Go to the stadium view bar next to Brent's steakhouse and find out if they have any day before or pregame stuff going on. Drew and i cleaned up the day after the opener with pics and autographs of Finley, Crosby,Cobb,Starks,Clifton and Bulaga. lastly look for where they rent the seat backs in the stadium. I have a bad back and had no idea these things existed until everyone had left and I saw all those seats saying leave here.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Those should be okay...Not sure if you seen these or not..But once in Gb should be able to find them

chemical foot warmers and hand warmers

Or buy them now

http://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Toe-Warmer-Adhesive-Pair/dp/B001EPHGO8

http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Factory-...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1321734903&sr=1-9

If your toes arent cold, you will be more confortbale

Seriously...my son and I each own a pair of battery powered hunting socks - and neither of us hunt. As gawd herself is my witness, on the 8th day, she created those socks. :) I do recognize that it sounds completely and utterly "pussified" to yap about cold feet in that stadium but when those southwest winds come in via that open south endzone, compounded by potentially ice and snow on the concrete...all the 'layered' clothing in the world isn't going to help. ...don't misunderstand, I love cold weather games.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely get those hand and feet warmers. Super cheap and an absolute necessity! I went to the December 26th game last year and our blanket literally FROZE to the seat. Even with the hand and feet warmers my hands and feet were ice cubes. I couldn't imagine going without.

In general, people are very friendly. You can go to a pre-game party at a bar (Stadium View is the best) or walk around near the stadium and you'll find something. People tailgate in the Lambeau lot as well as in the yards of people who live near the stadium (primarily on Shadow Lane). Get there early because 41 (the major highway leading in) is one big traffic jam hours before the game. Additionally, the streets around Lambeau are all turned into one-ways. I'm not sure what time they start that now because it seems to be earlier every year. I used to be able to travel freely up to a half hour before kick-off and from kick-off to halfway through the 4th quarter, but now they seem to be blocking the streets an hour before kick-off and beginning again halfway through the 3rd quarter. That can create some frustrating travel situations, so plan accordingly.

Have fun! Green Bay is a wonderful city. :)

Members online

Latest posts