1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

My first fantasy team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by GakkofNorway, Oct 13, 2005.

1. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just begun a fantasy team, and here is how it looks:

Green Bay Commies

Starting:

QB: Carson Palmer
    RB: Cadillac Williams, Marshall Faulk
    WR: Santana Moss, Muhammad Muhsin
    TE: Tony Gonzales
    K: Tynes Lawrence
    Packers DST

Reserve:

QB: Kerry Collins
    RB: William Henderson
    WR: Donald Driver
    TE: Bubba Franks, Donald Lee
    Saints DST

I'm dropping Bubba for Brandon Lloyd on Saturday though..

How does it look? I'm completely green, just tried to pick up some players that are good and is producing..

I'm so excited! :D

2. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You are now officially hooked. Decent looking team, except for the RBs. A word of advise: always look for who's injured and pick up the #2 in line. For example, you may want to look into Antowan Smith from NO or Cedric Benson from Chicago.

3. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm dropping Henderson for Reuben Droughns at Cleveland, they are playing the Ravens..!

4. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How does it sound? Should I rather get Antowain Smith from NO?

5. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Droughns is good to have in the long run because of his starter status, but there should be other RBs that will score better this week, but probably only be the #1 at their position for a couple of weeks. With you RB situation, I would hold onto Droughns. There is no need for you to have Henderson. Smith and Droughns are playing fairly tough run defenses, that's why I picked up C. Benson, because the Bears are playing one of the worst run Ds in Minnesota.

p.s. Think about getting rid of Faulk, also. He's not a real big points producer. You should be able to pick up someone else.

6. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Benson is already picked up :p

I dropped Faulk for Tyson Thompson, high risk move but I hope it pays off :p

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Should I start Thompson or Antowain Smith? I dropped Donald Lee for Antowain Smith, should I pick up Lee later?

8. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It looks like this week that Thompson is going to share carries with Anthony Thomas, plus, Dallas is playing a tougher running defense in the Giants than they have against the New Orleans' opponent, Atlanta. It is possible that Smith may be sharing carries with Aaron Stecker, but Stecker is somewhat injured and is listed as questionable for this week. I'd stick with Smith.

Leave Donald Lee of your list. Franks should be back soon anyway. You shouldn't even be thinking about these TEs while you have Gonzalez on your roster, unless you need 2 TEs each week.

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    okey, I'm going with smith, but I'm keeping Thompson, he may come up big :D And I am starting Cadillac