1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Motivation

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by spaulding, May 2, 2005.

1. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to wonder if Luchey has it. He came to camp out of shape again-284 lbs. Obviously he doesn't pay much attention to how Henderson prepares himself. I hope Leach takes his job so Luchey can go where he really wants to be-Old Country Buffet.

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    284 is out of shape? How do you know? What's his bodyfat?

3. monkeyracer43

monkeyracer43 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Last year his playing weight was somewhere around 270. He's at least 10 pounds overweight.

4. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    from packernews.com
    "As in his previous two offseasons, backup Nick Luchey looked overweight. He missed some practice time because of a hamstring injury."

"The new position coach, Edgar Bennett, said the team still was trying to determine the best weight for fullback Nick Luchey. He showed up lacking body definition at 284.

The other backup fullback, Vonta Leach, might be just as powerful as Luchey at 256"

Did Luchey looked ripped to you last year? I challenge you to show me any FB in the league that big with a body fat % in the 15-20% range. Face it he's eating his way to the O-line. Maybe he thinks his best shot at the roster is to beat out Klemm at LG.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    LOL :D

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    luchey does his job well but sometimes when he is moving out on the field, he just looks stiff, immobile--the guy has a lot of power, but i don't like his game other than blocking.

Henderson has been such a key part of the offense through the years, catching, blocking, and the occasional run (remember the play where henderson leaped over the guy last year, man, henderson just has that determination)...Henderson isn't exactly young, and I don't think Luchey can produce catching the ball--perhaps davenport could be moved to fullback, or we could look elsewhere for a fullback...

7. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    FB usally stands for fullback but in Luchey's case it stands for Fat Bastard. The reason that Chatman's so fast is Luchey coming after him bellowing"Get in my belly!"

Thank you Austin Powers.

8. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Luchey also has relatively high salary numbers.

9. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i remember looking at his contract when we signed him two seasons ago...it was fairly large for a platoon-duty fullback, i was thinking what the heck were we doing giving some guy cincinnati doesn't want that much money (cincy was bad at the time, i believe it was the year they got the first pick, so it was funny then)...i like luchey but i dont think he's any tpe of person to succeed willie henderson...

10. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I don't get to see the players naked. ;)

Makes sense now. What do the Packers see in him in the first place? Did he have a history of this in college?

11. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  12. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So James Williamson was a fifth round pick. He has about $550K in signing bonus to work off as well. His base salary is $750K.

I'll have to watch Leach more closely.

13. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    this isn't that big of a deal to me. i bulk up and cut down all the time. i've dropped 11 lbs in a week and i'm certain not an nfl caliber athlete. it is only the first mini camp. he could easily be back to 270 by june.

now that being said, i agree that he's not really the all around fb that you would like. only a blocker IMO.

14. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If I were a guy that was in Luchey's position I think I'd be trying a little harder. It's quite possible with the cap situation the Pack's in that they go with the cheaper option in Leach.

15. grabthar

grabthar Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are we sure that everyone is spelling his last name right? I thought it was LUNCHey.

16. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    NICE..... :oops: :twisted: :roll:

17. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Another bad Sherman signing when we have Henderson. :puke:

18. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I think I noted this item in another thread somewhere..... but --

William Henderson will retire when Brett does! Count on it!

In the meantime, we need to start looking for his "heir-apparent"....
    Ya gotta know the Packers will suffer at that position unless they find someone that Billy can mentor.. before he retires! Really, really gonna miss that guy - he's a true Packer!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: