Moss, Capers out of race for Raiders HC Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that there is no DC in Miami is Moss headed there?
Is there a DC in Oakland and Denver?
Why would anyone on our defensive staff be up for a promotion anywhere?
Someone out there likes the way our defense was historically horse**** this year?

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda want Capers to leave...totally disappointed this season.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want Capers going anywhere. What happened with the D this year was not his fault. Capers has done well by us, how short are our memories? Just a year ago we were ready to bow down and kiss his feet. I guess winning a Superbowl does funny stuff to our heads.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I hate to bring this up in comparision but look at the Patriots defense the last couple weeks.

Tebow isn't anything, but the Patriots defense looks like an entirely different D since the post season started. They totally destroyed Denver, which isn't hard to do. But the Ravens who pound that ball and rely heavily on the run, they had many negative yardage plays against the Pats defense, and they forced Flacco to pretty much beat them through the air, which we all know he couldn't do.

There is NO EXCUSE that the Packers rank 32nd in defense and they went into the Giants game with no game plan or change at all. Capers does deserve a bit of the blame. The Patriots ranked 31st in defense, and some can argue they are worse than the Packers, but their defense came out swinging in the post season. Don't blame it on "rust" or having too much time off, Capers went into that Giants game with no game plan. This defense did have a few games where they looked great (MNF Vikings game) which tells you that they could have come up with a game plan. Going into the Giants game, the defense looked as lost and confused as they have all year. The Pats on the other hand, whom I hate giving credit to, they made some big changes in their schemes on defense and it made the best for them.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I hate to bring this up in comparision but look at the Patriots defense the last couple weeks.

Tebow isn't anything, but the Patriots defense looks like an entirely different D since the post season started. They totally destroyed Denver, which isn't hard to do. But the Ravens who pound that ball and rely heavily on the run, they had many negative yardage plays against the Pats defense, and they forced Flacco to pretty much beat them through the air, which we all know he couldn't do.

There is NO EXCUSE that the Packers rank 32nd in defense and they went into the Giants game with no game plan or change at all. Capers does deserve a bit of the blame. The Patriots ranked 31st in defense, and some can argue they are worse than the Packers, but their defense came out swinging in the post season. Don't blame it on "rust" or having too much time off, Capers went into that Giants game with no game plan. This defense did have a few games where they looked great (MNF Vikings game) which tells you that they could have come up with a game plan. Going into the Giants game, the defense looked as lost and confused as they have all year. The Pats on the other hand, whom I hate giving credit to, they made some big changes in their schemes on defense and it made the best for them.

I do admit, the Pats D has stepped it up. Still not 100% sold on that unit but they can be scrappy and well coached despite a lack of talent.

I think it's about matchups. The Packers opened with a tough game and the potential SB winner for this season. The Giants got healthy and hot at the right time and are a heck of a lot better then the freaking Broncos on both sides of the ball.

There is a reason we were all rooting for Falcons/Cowboys near the end.

Still like you said no excuse, the game plan was pathetic and the Packers looked uninspired compared to the Giants. But, then again maybe it just wasn't their year again as painful as it is to admit.

Get some pass rush help and all might be fine again......?

Watching the Niners D I am not even sure the Pack beat them if they had played that inspired vs. the Packers offense.

Packers need some help on D and more physicality as a team overall.

BTW Flacco kinda did beat the Pats in the air. A guy didn't handle the game winning TD pass properly.

L

Lunchboxer

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NOOOO!! The D will continue to suck bad :cry:

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Comparing the Patriots defense to ours is like comparing apples and oranges.

First of all, the Patriots are solid in the trenches. They have a solid defensive front unlike us. When you have a solid defensive line that can generate some pressure everybody behind the line plays better/has an easier time playing.

Belichick is probably a better defensive mind than Capers. He's probably the best coach at making half-time adjustments. Good luck finding a coach anywhere available or unavailable that can get a defense to play with as many no-name players as he can.

Capers probably isn't a guy that can do that. But that doesn't mean we give him the boot. Capers has been able to compensate for yards given up and our lack of pass rush by using schemes and trap coverages to create turnovers. I think deserves a little credit there.

We lost 2 very key players on our defense this season and that needs to be taken into account when talking about this.

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want Capers going anywhere. What happened with the D this year was not his fault. Capers has done well by us, how short are our memories? Just a year ago we were ready to bow down and kiss his feet. I guess winning a Superbowl does funny stuff to our heads.

Yeah I totally agree. If we want to put blame on anyone because of the D's performance I would have to go with Thompson. Don't get me wrong, I think Thompson has done wonders, but he dropped the ball when it came to resigning Jenkins and picking up a solid DE or OLB in the first 3 rounds of the 2011 draft. If Capers had even a smigin of a pash rush, we wouldn't of had the problems we did. That is why I don't put alot of stock of people saying Tramon Williams and Sam Shields need to get out of town. Any secondary would have gotten demolished with the pass rush we were displaying

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree. If we want to put blame on anyone because of the D's performance I would have to go with Thompson. Don't get me wrong, I think Thompson has done wonders, but he dropped the ball when it came to resigning Jenkins and picking up a solid DE or OLB in the first 3 rounds of the 2011 draft. If Capers had even a smigin of a pash rush, we wouldn't of had the problems we did. That is why I don't put alot of stock of people saying Tramon Williams and Sam Shields need to get out of town. Any secondary would have gotten demolished with the pass rush we were displaying
With the offense looking pretty solid, even with his BAP philosophy, with about 12 picks we should have TT should be able to trade around and maybe up. Get a couple of impact players for the D and build in some depth. we may even get lucky and get a 3rd round pick for Jenkins, which would be really good trade currency. Who knows, I can't wait for April, we will know alot more about Nick by then, FA will be going, get the draft, Flynn. Gonna be a long 3 months. I still have a lot of hope for the 1st and 2nd year guys coming out of this off season with a big jump in quality of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts