Mock Drafts

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to present my own little packers mock draft:

1st round pick:

Mario Williams DE North Carolina 6'7" / 285 lbs

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He's just an outstanding athlete, and would fill our need of a good pass rusher at DE. I would like to have him and Kampman at DE, while probably trading KGB away. Williams could easily have been the #1 pick overall, if this was a less talented draft.

2nd round pick:

Darnell Bing SS USC 6'2" / 220 lbs

Immediate impact player on the two time national champions, plays hard and fast, makes big plays. Solid in run support and good ball-skills. But tends to become somewhat overaggressive. We need a good strong safety to play alongside Nick Collins, and Bing would be outstanding. As much as I would like to have Brian Calhoun, I believe this is a bigger need, and with McCarthy as headcoach I don't see us getting a small situational back, he likes big strong halfbacks, like i. e Lendale White.

3rd round pick:

Mark Setterstrom OG Minnesota 6'3" / 300 lbs

In our new offensive scheme we are going to need quick strong and mobile offensive linesmen, and this one is all that. In addition, one thing that sets me off with this guy is that he plays ******* every down through the whole game and never lets up. He's been part of the excellent Minnesota line, and I believe he could develop into a very solid linesman. The only downside is that he perhaps is a bit small and needs to work on his pass protection, but he plays hard and that is big. He is also VERY durable and hasn't missed a start in 4 years.

4th round pick

Brandon Williams WR Wisconsin 5'11" / 175 lbs

He has the athletic abillity to become an excellent wide receiver, one might question his size, but I feel he could become like Santana Moss or Steve Smith. He is quick and agile, but he needs some work on his hands. Would be a pretty good pick in the fourth round, though I hate that we might lose Murphy, because Murphy was one hell of a prospect.

5th round pick:

De'Arrius Howard RB Arkansas 6'0" / 236 lbs

A wild guess, he's a big durable back, just the way McCarthy likes it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we need to make some kind of trade to get another 2nd and/or 3rd round pick at least, and probably some late draft picks as well if we're to cover our needs, I think we need to draft Bobby Carpenter with a second second round draft pick. I would look for TT to set up some trade involving KGB, Ferguson and perhaps Walker.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carpenter will be gone in first 40 picks, likely in first round. The RB from Arkansas is nothing special and I live in Arkansas and he is virtually unknown here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts