Mock Drafts 2015

H

HardRightEdge

Well, they are eating their own cooking. With Anderson at #15, they are alone in having him on their board. Some projections have him 3rd. to 4th. round but rising. This player was discussed in another thread.

I saw PFF present this board (NFL Network?) and they commented that Anderson was the most productive D-Lineman in this draft, and led all prospects with 50-some pressures.

This is yet another thin first round for 3-4 DEs. Three in a row I think it's been.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, they are eating their own cooking. With Anderson at #15, they are alone in having him on their board. Some projections have him 3rd. to 4th. round but rising. This player was discussed in another thread.

I saw PFF present this board (NFL Network?) and they commented that Anderson was the most productive D-Lineman in this draft, and led all prospects with 50-some pressures.

This is yet another thin first round for 3-4 DEs. Three in a row I think it's been.

PFF´s mock draft is completely out of the box with the Packers taking CB Daryl Roberts in the second round. He´s widely considered to be a fifth- or sixth-round pick.

I´m curious to find out if even one of their surprise picks will actually be drafted within the first two rounds.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The closer we get to draft day and the more I read, it sounds like if TT wants a top notched CB he is going to have to trade up in the first and if he doesn't, he may find himself in a precarious position. That of reaching to fill one of our top 2 needs (CB and ILB) buy taking someone who is considered a second round pick at ILB. That being said, if I was a betting man, I don't see the Packers picking at #30. They are either going to either trade up and grab a top CB or try and trade back and find that ILB early-mid 2nd and parlay the extra pick gained on an extra another CB or ILB.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
#30- Benardrick McKinney, ILB
#62- Quinten Rollins, CB
#94- Henry Anderson, DE
#129- Jesse James, TE
I would take this anyday

D

Deleted member 6794

#30- Benardrick McKinney, ILB
#62- Quinten Rollins, CB
#94- Henry Anderson, DE
#129- Jesse James, TE
I would take this anyday

McKinney is a two down linebacker and Rollins is probably best suited to either play safety or in the slot (not what the Packers should be looking for). I would be disappointed by these first two picks.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McKinney is a two down linebacker and Rollins is probably best suited to either play safety or in the slot (not what the Packers should be looking for). I would be disappointed by these first two picks.

Only way I'm for picking McKinney is if Kendricks and Anthony is gone...and every outside CB is gone....and any high grade DL is gone....and shoot if Melvin Gordon is gone. McKinney is great, and is an upgrade to our otherwise vacant spot next to SB but he is not what we need.

RepStar15

Reaction score
I see what your saying about Rollins, but correct me if I am wrong, isn't a two down run stuffing ILB exactly what we need? It is widely assumed the Packers will be drafting two ILB, no?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see what your saying about Rollins, but correct me if I am wrong, isn't a two down run stuffing ILB exactly what we need? It is widely assumed the Packers will be drafting two ILB, no?

Wrong to an extent. We simply put need a starter at ILB...worst case we draft a 2 down guy...best case is a 3 down guy. Sam Barrington style is a run stuffing 2 down guy and undoubtedly is going to be one of our starters...making the choice of style at ILB preferred to be a 3 down one (Kendricks and Anthony).

RepStar15

Reaction score
Only way I'm for picking McKinney is if Kendricks and Anthony is gone...and every outside CB is gone....and any high grade DL is gone....and shoot if Mlelvin Gordon is gone. McKinney is great, and is an upgrade to our otherwise vacant spot next to SB but he is not what we need.
I do not think Kendrick's will be available. Stephone Anthony would be great, if we needed a pass-rushing ILB. With the heightened obsession the NFL has placed on CB's in the past few years, I highly doubt the upper echelon CB's will be availabe with the exception of MAYBE Bryon Jones, whom I do like. But I thinking taking a CB in the first round when the ILB draft class is thin, would not be taking the best available player. In my opinion the gap between the first and second round ILB is much more severe than the gap between the first and second round CBs. And Melvin Gordon? I most definitely do not see any logic there.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think Kendrick's will be available. Stephone Anthony would be great, if we needed a pass-rushing ILB. With the heightened obsession the NFL has placed on CB's in the past few years, I highly doubt the upper echelon CB's will be availabe with the exception of MAYBE Bryon Jones, whom I do like. But I thinking taking a CB in the first round when the ILB draft class is thin, would not be taking the best available player. In my opinion the gap between the first and second round ILB is much more severe than the gap between the first and second round CBs.

Anthony is more than a pass rusher and has proven it. He is the only LB most scouts state outside of Kendricks has a legit chance at being a cover style LB, hence a 3 down.

You pretty much made my case for why I would draft McKinney but only if X and Y and Z options are gone....also not too mention my ultimate choice should no stud CB be there and that is a good trade down.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Anthony is more than a pass rusher and has proven it. He is the only LB most scouts state outside of Kendricks has a legit chance at being a cover style LB, hence a 3 down.

You pretty much made my case for why I would draft McKinney but only if X and Y and Z options are gone....also not too mention my ultimate choice should no stud CB be there and that is a good trade down.
Its a realistic draft. Of course I would love Kendricks, Danny Shelton and Kevin Johnson, but thats not very realistic. TT drafts very well, especially at the number 1 spot. So I won't really be disappointed with anyone, just putting what I think would be a good and realistic prediction on the board.

D

Deleted member 6794

Its a realistic draft. Of course I would love Kendricks, Danny Shelton and Kevin Johnson, but thats not very realistic. TT drafts very well, especially at the number 1 spot. So I won't really be disappointed with anyone, just putting what I think would be a good and realistic prediction on the board.

I think it's possible that Kendricks and Kevin Johnson will still be on the board at #30. Shelton will be long gone.

Members online

Latest posts