Mike McCarthy Show - facts galore - Watch the video

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Considering that from day 1 MM said this will be a running team, has installed zone blocking for running, and kept 4 TE's for blocking as the extra fullback. No wonder we only have 4 wr's. The typical formation all preseason was Driver in the slot off the line and a TE on the line. As the QB goes through his cadence, the slot receiver goes to the line and the TE gets off the line and in motion as the extra blocker set up for the run.

Good point, cali. I hadn't considered that. Maybe they do only need four receivers. But I am still nervous about being thin at that position, where there are so many injuries.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is reasonable to believe that TT does not hold enought weight around the brass to expect him to be around to hire a third head coach.

This is his plan and his responsibility from the hiring of the coach
to the plan put in place to build a winner. I have heard by some of their surprise in this hire because if MM goes down so shall Ted.

Not that they didn't think MM couldn't coach but the risk TT is taking picking a guy that could ultimately lose him his job having no experience.

I also disagree that personnel is 100% TT's call. While he is ultimately responsible for the personnel selected I can tell you that MM and JJ and others employed to evaluate players spent hundreds of hours doing so and collectively put all the information out for review.

The coaches are very much involved in assessing players and very involved with TT regarding the which players to go after. This is by no means a one man show process.

The ultimate decision to go after this particular player or that one lies with Ted. But the two guys being considered were put there in the first place by many hours of research done by other personnel than just Ted.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
wrong wrong wrong.... TT is on the hotseat just like anyone else. if TT and MM dont get along they suck and they both get fired. They work together bring the players they both think are necessary. TT might have the last say but im sure if MM wanted or didnt want something bad enough he would get his way.

First there was TT the conspirator.

and coming soon....

TT the dictator.

I see......is that the way it worked last season, after TT gave a 6.4 million dollar extension. They both got fired?

Grow up people.....of course MM said they will be a running team, don't you think TT told him that in the interview? Don't you think TT hired someone that bought into his philosophy?

I never said TT was getting players that MM didn't want. I said he didn't give a **** who MM wants. He's gonna get who HE wants. That's the way it is and probably the way it should be. Sorry if this makes TT seem like less than a Superhero to you guys!!!

Damn.....educating the masses is getting to be a pain in the ***!!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats so very wrong, i now understand why many of you feel the way you do. the foundation of 'knowledge' you have of the inner workings of the NFL is completely out of sync.

the stupidity makes sense now! Ive solved the mystery!

I've had many conversations with people here and why they feel the way they do, and I was wondering where they were coming from, and now i know. Its all based off false beliefs of how things work.

phew, im gonna be MUCH more relaxed on pf.com now, cuz i know im dealing with the most wrong moronic point of view ever.

go packers!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
thats so very wrong, i now understand why many of you feel the way you do. the foundation of 'knowledge' you have of the inner workings of the NFL is completely out of sync.

the stupidity makes sense now! Ive solved the mystery!

I've had many conversations with people here and why they feel the way they do, and I was wondering where they were coming from, and now i know. Its all based off false beliefs of how things work.

phew, im gonna be MUCH more relaxed on pf.com now, cuz i know im dealing with the most wrong moronic point of view ever.

go packers!

What did you just contribute? Are you an insider? Go back to "trying to become a cop" and stop calling people stupid just because they embarass you. When you "walk the beat" you're gonna run into people that disagree with you. I hope with your anger issues they only let you carry a tazer and not a real gun!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
please tell me you're not calling ME a moron, trom?!? since i was one of those people you had a conversation with, i can only assume you are including ME in the morons. you asked me to explain my negativity & i did the best i could to make you understand.

this is the first season of packers football for me without my dad at my side. in a way, having low expectations is a way of protecting myself. that's the emotional side of me.

the 'moronic' side of me says that with the team we have, it's gonna be a long season.

i also understand the need to remain positive, trom - that's great for you & i'm happy you feel that way. i've got NO problem with you feeling that way & i'd expect the same consideration.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, im not calling you a moron! you were helping me try to understand the 'others' and you don't fall into that category. but apparently some people actually believe a GM and HC dont work together, so im understanding a lot more of why they feel the ways they do. Im onto something here!

depack, yeah, people saying GMs and Head Coaches dont work together embarasses me! Im embarassed we're fans of the same team!

(nice job taking it to the personal level, that was neat)

go packers!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell I'm one of the "negative" people too and I have the Packers going 12-4!

Don't pay attention to him. Everytime he has his **** handed to him he lashes out.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how do you figure a HC and GM dont work together. please explain that comedy to me. maybe im missing something. explain yourself.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, trom - it's all good. all i know is i can't friggin wait until sunday & we tromp the bears ***es into the turf!!!! go pack!!!!!!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
how do you figure a HC and GM dont work together. please explain that comedy to me. maybe im missing something. explain yourself.

Please show me where I said they don't work together. I said TT picks the players and MM coaches them. I said, TT doesn't care whom MM wants he is going to choose who HE wants. I said, TT obviously hired someone that would buy into his philosophy. I'm taking **** for suggesting that TT is his own man and will sign and draft who HE wants and will hire and fire who he wants. MM has absolutely no say over who is brought in. Does he speak to TT about it or make recommendations? Who knows and who cares. He is not the GM.

Apparently, that is YOUR definition of not working together.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Please show me where I said they don't work together. I said TT picks the players. I said, TT doesn't care whom MM wants he is going to choose who HE wants.

yeah, actually, it is my definition of not working together.

lol, why would a HC be in the war room on draft day? wh...ya know...ok..

thank you for responding.

go packers

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Please show me where I said they don't work together. I said TT picks the players. I said, TT doesn't care whom MM wants he is going to choose who HE wants.

yeah, actually, it is my definition of not working together.

lol, why would a HC be in the war room on draft day? wh...ya know...ok..

thank you for responding.

go packers

To get the GM coffee when he tells him to.....wh....ya know...ok..

your welcome

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts