Memory

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have to be honest on this Super Bowl. I had a bad feeling going into the game - a fear that the defense from earlier in the season would make a guest appearance. I remember that in New Orleans and in San Diego, I EXPECTED the Pack to win, but, the memory of the loss to the Cards the previous year was never far away for me. As the seconds ticked off the clock and the Steelers had the ball, I'm about squeezing the color out of my SB31 hat. I was waiting for the flag to fly on that last Steelers play - could not help but expect the defense to crap the bed.

No flag. I just stood there...could not believe that team won the Super Bowl. My son and his friends were going crazy....and I'm standing there... WAITING for the other shoe to drop.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to be honest on this Super Bowl. I had a bad feeling going into the game - a fear that the defense from earlier in the season would make a guest appearance. I remember that in New Orleans and in San Diego, I EXPECTED the Pack to win, but, the memory of the loss to the Cards the previous year was never far away for me. As the seconds ticked off the clock and the Steelers had the ball, I'm about squeezing the color out of my SB31 hat. I was waiting for the flag to fly on that last Steelers play - could not help but expect the defense to crap the bed.

No flag. I just stood there...could not believe that team won the Super Bowl. My son and his friends were going crazy....and I'm standing there... WAITING for the other shoe to drop.
I thought for sure that year the special teams were going to prevent us from winning a super bowl.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I expected the Packers to win SB 31 but 45 was a surprise. I enjoyed each playoff game more because I was expecting a loss and suddenly they were in the SB.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too was surprised. I did not know what to think about Rodgers's belt motion during the season but obviously he had it right the whole time.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember watching this game by myself at my sister's house while about 20 friends were having a SB party at the house next door. The reason I was by myself was because the hostess of the party is a huge Bears fan and was unbearable (pardon the pun) two weeks earlier when my sister hosted a NFCC game party. I simply was not going to watch another Packer game with her much less the Super Bowl.

Though I am sure I did I can't recall sitting down at any point after the second half kickoff. I also recall having a sinking feeling that we would end up giving it away and it wasn't until that last incomplete pass by Roethlisberger that I actually felt it sink in. My reaction was almost as much total relief as it was joy.

Reaction score
I enjoyed each playoff game more because I was expecting a loss and suddenly they were in the SB.

I remember that well.
I never would have expected the Packers to win out all 4 playoff games for a chance to play in the big dance and WIN THE SUPPER BOWL, what are the odds????

Reaction score
I also recall having a sinking feeling that we would end up giving it away and it wasn't until that last incomplete pass by Roethlisberger that I actually felt it sink in. My reaction was almost as much total relief as it was joy.

This is why I think "Luck" plays a big part in football

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I think "Luck" plays a big part in football

Depending on how you define it "Luck" plays a huge part. We were lucky that official didn't see the defenders hand grabbing the WR's jersey. We were lucky that even though the linebacker read the play he lined up 1 step further to the left and just missed making the tackle on that 50 yard TD run. Our defender was beaten badly but we were lucky that the elite WR dropped the ball. We were lucky that the officials do not know what a catch is. We were lucky that Aaron Rodgers dropped to #23 . Yes luck is a huge part of almost every aspect of the game and almost every play in some way shape or form.

Unless you meant Andrew Luck then I'm not so sure he plays a big part...at least not any more.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember watching this game by myself at my sister's house while about 20 friends were having a SB party at the house next door. The reason I was by myself was because the hostess of the party is a huge Bears fan and was unbearable (pardon the pun) two weeks earlier when my sister hosted a NFCC game party. I simply was not going to watch another Packer game with her much less the Super Bowl.

Though I am sure I did I can't recall sitting down at any point after the second half kickoff. I also recall having a sinking feeling that we would end up giving it away and it wasn't until that last incomplete pass by Roethlisberger that I actually felt it sink in. My reaction was almost as much total relief as it was joy.
I remember being real worried too.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected the Packers to win SB 31 but 45 was a surprise.
After we won Super Bowl 31 (and failed to win 32), it occurred to me that all our Super Bowl wins had come as favorites, we were the best team in football each time we won. I began to expect that our next win would come more unexpectedly, as a wild card team.

Late in the season, I began to have confidence in our defense. For the first time in a long while, the defense appeared that they could win the game if the offense faltered. And oddly, when I first heard that the Black Eyed Peas were going to be the Super Bowl halftime act, I had a premonition that the Packers would win. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After we won Super Bowl 31 (and failed to win 32), it occurred to me that all our Super Bowl wins had come as favorites, we were the best team in football each time we won. I began to expect that our next win would come more unexpectedly, as a wild card team.

Late in the season, I began to have confidence in our defense. For the first time in a long while, the defense appeared that they could win the game if the offense faltered. And oddly, when I first heard that the Black Eyed Peas were going to be the Super Bowl halftime act, I had a premonition that the Packers would win. Truth is stranger than fiction.
Well the D did play their best ball in the playoffs. My favorite memory is Kevin Greene screaming at Clay “The time is now!” Or something close, and Clay promptly forcing a recovered fumble. What a magnificent run, where the whole team contributed and played the full 60 minutes. Are you listening MM? Never rest on a lead. Ask Bill Bellichik about that.

D

Deleted member 6794

The thing I remember the most about the 2010 season aside from the playoff run is that the Packers never trailed by more than seven points at any point during that season. Insane!!!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the D did play their best ball in the playoffs. My favorite memory is Kevin Greene screaming at Clay “The time is now!” Or something close, and Clay promptly forcing a recovered fumble. What a magnificent run, where the whole team contributed and played the full 60 minutes. Are you listening MM? Never rest on a lead. Ask Bill Bellichik about that.

"It is time!"

Latest posts