McKenzie interested in Capers for Raiders Head Coach

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to judge Capers as a head coach since the 2 teams he coached were expansion teams. He had early success with Carolina, but he pretty much had to build from the ground up. At Oakland he will at least have some established talent.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a ****. At least wait until next season to start talking about how you want to **** the packers organization.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a ****. At least wait until next season to start talking about how you want to **** the packers organization.
If he doesn't start now he could miss out on another candidate if Capers declines. This is just how business in the NFL works and I think Perry or Moss would be the defensive coordinator if Capers leaves.

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if he picks Capers. I would expect the Raiders next head coach to come out of the Packers staff but I doubt it will be Capers. My guess would be either Winston Moss or maybe even Tom Clemens. Joe Philbin could be a possibility also. Moss has been interviewed a few times for HC jobs around the NFL. I think he has to be the favorite! Also heard Darren Perrys name kicked around!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Reggie McKenzie is essentially trying to move the Packers to Oakland.
R
eally? Because Capers is on his list of candidates for HC? Calling that an overreaction seems too mild. Hey, McKenzie may try to poach personnel from the front office and from the coaching staff too. But right now all we know is that he’s conducting a search for a HC as he should and he’s considering Capers. And if McKenzie is any good (and I think he is) he’s not thinking about stealing people from the Packers, he’s thinking about finding the very best HC he can. He just happens to be most familiar with Packers personnel. Nothing unusual about that.

Members online

Latest posts