McCarthy says Rodgers is 'our guy'.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully McCarthy isn't a liar like Lovie Smith.

Rex is our guy.
Brian is our guy.
Kyle is our guy.
Rex is our guy.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would any so called expert ever think that ARod would not go in to the season as the #1 pick.
The only way for him to lose his job is by not playing very well.
If drafting another QB is so much pressure that Aaron can't deal with it then he does not deserve to be a starting QB in the NFL.
This is such a non issue. Aaron will do just fine.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully McCarthy isn't a liar like Lovie Smith.

Rex is our guy.
Brian is our guy.
Kyle is our guy.
Rex is our guy.

I'm just glad Lovie was telling the truth when he said he was going to beat the Packers.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is getting ridiculous, what should McCarthy say?

No this rookie who hasn't played a down is our guy over Rodgers who has been sitting patiently learning our system and adapting to the speed and skill level of the NFL? Of course Rodgers is our guy, untill he proves he isn't.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

or by getting another freak injury during practice that keeps him out for weeks.

Rodgers is good and should develop into a solid starter for GB, but considering how quickly he went down after a little playing time twice now, it's best to have a good backup.

That being said, Brohm has a lot to prove before anyone could argue QB controversy. I remember arguments after we got Brunell that GB should sit Favre and give Mark a chance. Obviously it was best to stay with your solid starting QB and I think that is the same case here. Until Rodgers either shows he can't stay healthy or that he can't win a game, the job is his.

GO PACK GO!!!

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM said:
"The only thing he needs to focus on is getting better. He is our guy and he has done a great job this off-season. I'm very impressed with how far he has come in our time together. He is our quarterback,"quote]

Lets hope so, just gotta make sure he dosn't pull a hammy in practice. Rodgers needs to "tuff up" and get drilled a few times untill I can put my full faith in him.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

or by getting another freak injury during practice that keeps him out for weeks.

Rodgers is good and should develop into a solid starter for GB, but considering how quickly he went down after a little playing time twice now, it's best to have a good backup.

That being said, Brohm has a lot to prove before anyone could argue QB controversy. I remember arguments after we got Brunell that GB should sit Favre and give Mark a chance. Obviously it was best to stay with your solid starting QB and I think that is the same case here. Until Rodgers either shows he can't stay healthy or that he can't win a game, the job is his.

GO PACK GO!!!

Yep.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as Rodgers is healthy, he will be given the shot he deserves. He waited, now is his time to prove that he is worthy.
Hopefully, for all us Packer fans, he won't let us down.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as Rodgers is healthy, he will be given the shot he deserves. He waited, now is his time to prove that he is worthy.
Hopefully, for all us Packer fans, he won't let us down.

Agreed.
I have a strong feeling that he's our man as long as he's healthy. It won't be performance based, but rather health based. QBs take time to develop, and Aaron's had 3 years. Brohm will take a few years to develop and it would be stupid to bench Aaron for Brohm just because Aaron has a few bad games.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
wpr said:

GO PACK GO!!!

Yep.

Yep Yep.

I've had three cars crushed to the size of beer cans since Favre last missed a game but it was no more than a tank of gas between two owies for AR.

Right now AR will take off and run before taking a sack so I think it's obvious we need a backup ready but nobody is going to push him for the starting job at this point.

It would outright STUPID to not give a guy 100% support who has been patiently waiting his turn and who's been working to get better every year and then turn around and say it's open competition.
For one thing no one else is close to being ready to run that offense which is NOT an easy one to execute when you figure in the last second switches we saw Favre make adjusting to the defense.
You got to know your crap to run that deal.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep Yep.

I've had three cars crushed to the size of beer cans since Favre last missed a game but it was no more than a tank of gas between two owies for AR.

Right now AR will take off and run before taking a sack so I think it's obvious we need a backup ready but nobody is going to push him for the starting job at this point.

It would outright STUPID to not give a guy 100% support who has been patiently waiting his turn and who's been working to get better every year and then turn around and say it's open competition.
For one thing no one else is close to being ready to run that offense which is NOT an easy one to execute when you figure in the last second switches we saw Favre make adjusting to the defense.
You got to know your crap to run that deal.

Well, it's not only stupid, but Aaron Rodgers in the short time he's played has impressed me. I watched him against Dallas, but he also looked excellent in the past preseason. He's ready. He's going to be good. He's got 3 years behind the best QB to ever play the game. And he's a very intelligent young man.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts