1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCarthy says Rodgers is 'our guy'.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, Apr 30, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Today

I guess what else would he say. I am sure it will still be a spirited competition.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hopefully McCarthy isn't a liar like Lovie Smith.

Rex is our guy.
    Brian is our guy.
    Kyle is our guy.
    Rex is our guy.

3. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why would any so called expert ever think that ARod would not go in to the season as the #1 pick.
    The only way for him to lose his job is by not playing very well.
    If drafting another QB is so much pressure that Aaron can't deal with it then he does not deserve to be a starting QB in the NFL.
    This is such a non issue. Aaron will do just fine.

4. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just glad Lovie was telling the truth when he said he was going to beat the Packers.

5. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    This is just coach speak. I think Rodgers will play well. And if he does, he will be "our guy".

6. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    this is getting ridiculous, what should McCarthy say?

No this rookie who hasn't played a down is our guy over Rodgers who has been sitting patiently learning our system and adapting to the speed and skill level of the NFL? Of course Rodgers is our guy, untill he proves he isn't.

7. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    or by getting another freak injury during practice that keeps him out for weeks.

Rodgers is good and should develop into a solid starter for GB, but considering how quickly he went down after a little playing time twice now, it's best to have a good backup.

That being said, Brohm has a lot to prove before anyone could argue QB controversy. I remember arguments after we got Brunell that GB should sit Favre and give Mark a chance. Obviously it was best to stay with your solid starting QB and I think that is the same case here. Until Rodgers either shows he can't stay healthy or that he can't win a game, the job is his.

GO PACK GO!!!

8. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

9. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    As long as Rodgers is healthy, he will be given the shot he deserves. He waited, now is his time to prove that he is worthy.
    Hopefully, for all us Packer fans, he won't let us down.

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed.
    I have a strong feeling that he's our man as long as he's healthy. It won't be performance based, but rather health based. QBs take time to develop, and Aaron's had 3 years. Brohm will take a few years to develop and it would be stupid to bench Aaron for Brohm just because Aaron has a few bad games.

12. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Yep Yep.

I've had three cars crushed to the size of beer cans since Favre last missed a game but it was no more than a tank of gas between two owies for AR.

Right now AR will take off and run before taking a sack so I think it's obvious we need a backup ready but nobody is going to push him for the starting job at this point.

It would outright STUPID to not give a guy 100% support who has been patiently waiting his turn and who's been working to get better every year and then turn around and say it's open competition.
    For one thing no one else is close to being ready to run that offense which is NOT an easy one to execute when you figure in the last second switches we saw Favre make adjusting to the defense.
    You got to know your crap to run that deal.

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it's not only stupid, but Aaron Rodgers in the short time he's played has impressed me. I watched him against Dallas, but he also looked excellent in the past preseason. He's ready. He's going to be good. He's got 3 years behind the best QB to ever play the game. And he's a very intelligent young man.