Maybe this is bad Karma...

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I don't like the idea of our QB chewing gum while in the huddle. Imagine if your a playing your heart out getting beat up and you look up and see that!

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vote this the most ridiculous statement of the day. That's just absolutely looking to knock Hundley for anything.

Did you care about the gum when he scrambled for 40 or in for that TD?

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley’s issues were his downfield throws. Once he has a bit more practice time with the number ones I expect more out of him.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest I seeing the same quality of play from Hundley I saw in preseason.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Back to the gum chewing ... Yep, dumbest thing I've read here in a while.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I don't like the idea of our QB chewing gum while in the huddle. Imagine if your a playing your heart out getting beat up and you look up and see that!

Not to mention the time Brett got kicked in the jimmies, had to come out of the game, McMahon went in and immediately damn near choked to death on his chewing tobacco, and puked all over Lambeau.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
What a dumb statement. Gum has nothing to do with any of this.

I am still willing to give the kid a chance if MM let him throw some more.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a dumb statement. Gum has nothing to do with any of this.

I am still willing to give the kid a chance if MM let him throw some more.

50% of the plays were passes ..... why do you think more attempts would have made a difference?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Jordy was drinking a little too much Gatorade on the sideline? Maybe made him a little heavy... sent a message to the rest of the team that he wasn't in it 100%. Things could have gone differently today. Think about it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Jordy was drinking a little too much Gatorade on the sideline? Maybe made him a little heavy... sent a message to the rest of the team that he wasn't in it 100%. Things could have gone differently today. Think about it.
I, for one, am never drinking Gatorade again.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

:eek: seriously ???

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my marketing classes I was told that chewing gum CAN give off a vibe of indifference or boredom. I'm sure that is what GB2016 was talking about. Obviously chewing gum had no influence on his play but the perception some of his team mates MAY HAVE HAD may have influenced their attitude toward the game. Not saying I agree but I get where the idea came from.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the Gatorade caused Jordy to get "alligator arms." :rolleyes:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest I seeing the same quality of play from Hundley I saw in preseason.

Exactly my observation as well. That's why I'm so flabbergasted that people thought he was going to just light it up, and be this years Dak Prescott.

As long as he's been here, I've never looked at him and thought he was quality starting material but nothing more than a career backup with good legs and average arm talent. At the same time, I've seen backups step in and step up and win games as well with less talent than Hundley. For example Matt Flynn and Matt Cassle, And even the great Tom Brady who's probably one of the biggest stiffs to ever play QB. I honestly think that if Hundley had better play calling and designed throws the Packers beat the Saints. But I'm one of those who's not convinced MM is as good of a play caller/designer as he thinks he is. At least 70% of the failures on offense was because his game plan and play calling was predictable and sucked.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my marketing classes I was told that chewing gum CAN give off a vibe of indifference or boredom. I'm sure that is what GB2016 was talking about. Obviously chewing gum had no influence on his play but the perception some of his team mates MAY HAVE HAD may have influenced their attitude toward the game. Not saying I agree but I get where the idea came from.
I didn't check but I think I can guess where the "Agree" came from. Ha! Just a little lighthearted ribbing is all. After that game, we all need a little laughter in our lives.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kudos to most irrelevant post. I am surprised this has gone on this long, also surprised I commented, but here I am.