Mario Williams

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he worth a look? Does he fit? Didn't he have success in Wade Phillips' 3-4?

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is built to be a pass rushing DE. I don't think he fits at all in a 3-4. Could he do it? He's got the talent to do anything he wants, but I don't think he wants to make any sort of transition either to a 2 gapping end or to a hybrid edge rusher. He's not likely to be happy unless his hand is on the ground, line up outside and gets to pin his ears back 90% of the time.

D

Deleted member 6794

The guy is built to be a pass rushing DE. I don't think he fits at all in a 3-4. Could he do it? He's got the talent to do anything he wants, but I don't think he wants to make any sort of transition either to a 2 gapping end or to a hybrid edge rusher. He's not likely to be happy unless his hand is on the ground, line up outside and gets to pin his ears back 90% of the time.

Williams has had success playing in a 3-4 before, registering 13 sacks in Mike Pettine's system with the Bills in 2013. He only played in five games in his lone season under Wade Philipps with the Texans in 2011 but had five sacks as well.

After his lackluster performance last season and his price tag I'm not interested in signing him though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One Buffalo reporter called him his least favorite player and locker room presence ever.

Let someone else overpay for him

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Last year he had 5 sacks, the first time he had less that ten in Buffalo. He seems to be in decline.

I'm sure he could help someone, but I think Green Bay will likely pass on him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'd be worth signing if the price is decent. I don't see why he couldn't be a poor mans jj watt as a 3-4 de

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
interesting prospect.... would look great at DE. What is he 6'5" 300 pound, former 1st overall pick.... For some reason i feel like this would be a risky idea. and since Capers never plays 3 Def linemen in his 3-4. It would most likely be a waste. Unless strategy is changed....

Members online

Latest posts