Madison is not a local market for Packers

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.madison.com/tct/business/ind ... 31&ntpid=1

The NFL network broadcast of 2006 final home game will permit the game to be telecast in local market of Green Bay and Milwaukee. Other parts of the state of Wisconsin are not "local market".

"Under NFL policy, Green Bay and Milwaukee are considered local markets for the Packers and the game also will be allowed to air on a broadcast station in each market, but Madison is not considered a local market for the Packers and will not have that option."

The NFL is doubling to tripling the amount charged local cable operators to carry their NFL network.

You know what this willl be like in 10 years.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You typically get better than half the games televised, otherwise there is a great bar called Gabes by the Park in W. St. Paul that draws around 300 Packers fans every Sunday they are not televised locally.

Where in the Twin Shitties are you moving?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like I am also going to be in trouble living here in the sticks in Iowa. I get FOX out of Rochester, MN but that may not be considered the Vikings home market either and I know my local cable company will not be 1st on the NFL network bandwagon, especially at those prices.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'll be living in St. Paul. Going to Luther Seminary, living on campus on Como. and i was just joking about getting the games. i figured the two that i could count on would be the games vs. the Queens. hanging out at the bar with a bunch of Packers fans, that sounds great. that would be a new experience for me.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You had mentioned that hanging in a bar would be a new experience for you, hence the "walk on the wild side" reference.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh! what i meant was that i had only watched a few games at ANY bar and that every time i had, it was against the vikings... and lets just say that i was watching the Packers from behind enemy lines. I'm psyched man, watching Packer football with Packer fans (other than my dad and brother) is gonna be great!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a candid of Mike Holmgren, but on further review you are correct the avatar is Chumley from Tennessee Tuxedo fame.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear God what the memory stores. Haven't seen that cartoon for over 30 years, but yet, I remember the walrus' name is Chumley!

Must purge....make room for new information!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Dear God what the memory stores. Haven't seen that cartoon for over 30 years, but yet, I remember the walrus' name is Chumley!

Must purge....make room for new information!!

Bet you can't tell me what you had for dinner last night! You're my age....useless **** clogs the brain. Short term memory loss is a *****!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly I'm wrong...but the Dec. 21 game with the Vikings is on the NFL Network. If the "Madison" scenerio is true, that also must mean "Wausau" isn't in the market area.

Does that mean the Wausau/Madison/Eau Claire affiliates aren't allowed to carry the game? I assume it would be a Fox game, but is it? Or is it only on NFL Net?

When the NFL goes pay-per-view, the NFL can take it and place it where the sun never reaches. I've grown very tired of the assumption that football fans will pay anything anywhere for the product.

I've started to enjoy college football as much, and this would put me in the realm(as a couple of my friends have already done) to give the NFL the long finger.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts