Love Em' or Leave Em'

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the Off-Season drags along I find myself pumped up for football but there is little to talk about.

Name players you would love to see shown the door and 5 you would love to see stay. We're not talking anot Brett and DD.

Love Em'
1. Donald Lee - I like his size and think he will be a nice target for Brett.
2. Chris White - Please win one of the Guard spots!
3. Ruvell Martin - Seems to be standing out a little at the OTA's
4. Vonta Leach - Just has the FB look. Learning from Big Willy doesn't hurt
5. Ben Taylor - Tough guy looking for a home. I bet he surprises this year.

Leave em'
1. Robert Ferguson - Times up, never lived up to his potential
2. Billy Cundiff - Help Please! Kicker wanted!
3. David Martin - Not a bad 3rd tight end, but dissappears to much.
4. Adrien Klemm - Why even keep this clown around
5. Mark Roman - I think he's better than most think, but not as good as he thinks

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Em'
1. AJ Hawk - I know...he hasn't even played yet but I think he's going to be the face of the defense for the next 10+ seasons.

2. William Henderson - people keep doubting him b/c of his age and all he does is produce on the field year after year in a classy way.

3. Nick Collins - hard hitting safety who will come into his own during his 2nd season and play at a Pro Bowl level.

4. Nick Barnett - 2nd in the NFC for total tackles and plays with a lot of emotion.

5. Aaron Kampman - plays huge and doesn't get the credit for his productivity from the fans or media but is extremely solid.

Leave Em'
1. BJ Sander - quite possibly the worst 3rd round pick in Packer history without even doing the research to make such a statement.

2. Adrian Klemm - he's terrible and shouldn't have been brought in to GB in the first place.

3. KGB - I like the person but when you consider his $$$ vs. productivity, it's pretty sad really.

4. Fergy - I like the guy's effort on ST but he flat out quits on routes a la Bill Schroeder and should be shown the door.

5. David Martin - wins a spot in TC every year and then vanishes for the rest of the season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love em

1. Bob Sanders - Coached under Bates for the last 5 years. His coaches\players love his spirit, even though the knock on him was he wasn't vocal enough. As usual, internet jockies not on the field were wrong. love me some Bob

2. AJ Hawk - What is not to love? Worst case cenario is he is a slightly above average LB...and above average is better than what GB has seen at LB for a while.

3. Donald Driver - I used to not be much of a fan. I thought he was average at best. Then Javon got hurt, and he had to be the #1, and other teams knew he was #1\only receiver on the team worth a damn. He still got it done. That was amazing.

4. Aaron Kampman - He isn't very good. He makes up with it with guts,balls, and heart. Gotta love it. Always around the ball, even if it kills him.

5. Samkon Gado - Did great things with a bad offensive line. Nobody expected the 6th string RB to do what he did. Good person, good player, good times in 2006.

Leave Em

1. BJ Sander - Sigh....what needs to be said? He sucks. He was a high draft pick(not his fault) that didnt pan out. Please get off my team, sir.

2. KGB - Over-rat-ed! CHANT WITH ME! Over-rat-ed! Over-rat-ed! He is a one trick pony, and he doesnt even do his 1 trick very well anymore.

3. Mark Roman - Who....does he think he is? I hope he thinks he is a player on another team, cuz I'd like him to be right for once.

4. Najeh Davenport - I like Najeh. He can be very awesome. His Kick Returns are the most entertaining things ever. The first guy who comes in contact with him gets destroyed, and it happens EVERY TIME. It is awesome. Unfortunately it only happens like 3 times a season, because he is injured all the time. Collect a paycheck elsewhere.

5. Ahmad Carroll - ...........................................His actions say more than I ever could about him....................................................................................................................

pyledriver80 said:
Love Em'
2. Chris White - Please win one of the Guard spots!

You really dislike the GB offensive line. Yet you 'love' Chris White. White probably won't win a job because there are others who are BETTER than he is, yet you hate the crappy horrible disgusting packers offensive line. That....doesn't make sense. I mean, I agree with the fact that Chris White can be a talented dude, but there are oth...ya know....you won't get it anyway.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Em

1. Corey Williams - Might be the best pick under Sherman as GM. Most underrated player. I hope he starts.

2. Chris White - Dark horse to start and I think he could be a huge player in this blocking scheme.

3. Aaron Kampman - Worth every penny. This guy is a worker. Nothing like Hunt.

4. Greg Jennings - I watched him in college. I've seen film on him. I think he's got a great future ahead of him. Hasn't played a down yet but I'm definitely rooting for him in Training camp.

5. Mark Tauscher - Last year was his 1st holding call in 5 years I believe. Very underrated should of gone to Pro Bowl's in the past.

Leave em

1. Robert Ferguson - Not worth the $$$ he was paid. Never has lived up to his potential.

2. Rod Gardner - Seems like a slacker. Had a real chance to do something and might be blowing it.

3. KGB - Yes he's overrated. Solid pass rusher and should only be used on passing downs. Overpaid and is not an every down player.

4. Ahmad Carroll - Has potential but doesn't seem to be reaching it. Attitude in question and wasn't worth a 1st round pick.

5. Mark Roman - Needs to mature. GB doesn't need his "blessing" to bring someone in. Not as good as his mind tells him.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Em;

1. Kampman- Has got to be the epitome of the term "Packer People". Plays hard, practices hard, is a leader.

2. Tauscher- 6-years playing OT in the NFL without a holding penalty? Give me a break. Nothing flashy, nothing *****y, just doing his job.

3. Henderson- Probably lost a step or two but still shows up to play every game, including starting and playing special teams.

4. Samkon Gado- Got forced into a starting role last year after playing backup in college and sitting on a practice squad, still could have had 1,000 yards if he'd have stayed healthy. Handled it all with humility, no big head or trash talking here.

5. Aaron Rodgers- Will he be the next starting QB of the Packers? I don't know, but being stuck in an almost impossible situation (replacing everybody's hero) he's handled the situation with tact and maturity, even when Favre hasn't.

Leave Em

1. Harris- Sure he's played well on the corner, but he's been helped by having everybody's whipping boy on the other side (Carroll). Now, they finally get him some real help and he's whining like a baby. Sorry Al, but I hope you get run over by your Rolls Royce.

2. Roman- Just can't respect someone who throws a tantrum when they bring in some competition for his position. Come on Mark handle it like a man and earn the position.

3. Ferguson- Keep hearing about how this next year is going to be his breakout year and they've given him every chance to succeed. When's it going to happen? It looks like it's probably not going to be here, not now and maybe not in the NFL at all.

4. Davenport- What a tease, every year the same thing. A couple of fair performances and then an injury due to running too upright. Some people never learn from their mistakes. Hopefully the Packers do this year, although he may get another year of Packer welfare due to the fact that TT didn't bring in anybody to give him any competition this year.

5. Martin- See above for Davenport. Pretty easy to coast for a paycheck when you don't have any competition.

JMHO

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love 'em:

1. KGB--Overpaid, but he gives you everything on every play. With an improved defense (I hope) and a stronger linebacker (A.J. Hawk) backing him up, I expect him to have more sacks and a better all-around season.

2. Donald Lee--Finally, a good receiving tight end between the 20's to help stretch defenses, like David Martin was supposed to do.

3. Samkon Gado--I think he is the real deal, even though he did not get rave reviews in the OTA's. I expect him to become the Pack's primary ball carrier this season.

4. Greg Jennings--I like what I'm hearing about him, and we need some hope at the wide receiver position. So here it is: HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE.

5. Colin Cole--A forgotten man by most fans, but he played well last year, and I look for him to be an important part of the DT rotation once again.

Leave 'em:

1. Rod Gardner--I hope I'm wrong. He looked good on a few plays last year. He's got the skills and the size. But he's had plenty of chances to salvage his NFL career, and I don't see a reason for it to suddenly happen now.

2. Mark Roman--Not a bad player, but likely to become a locker room cancer if he loses his starting position, as expected. He seems to think he was untouchable as a starter, and is mad that nobody told him they were going to sign Manuel. As if the Packers were supposed to tell him ahead of time that they were pursuing a free agent.

3. Vonta Leach--Will need to make a big leap if he is going to become a good fullback for this team. His name is mentioned for special teams penalties more than anything else.

4. Najeh Davenport--Injury-prone, and seems like a bad fit for this offense. As with all the guys on this list, I hope I'm wrong and he has a great year.

5. Adrian Klemm--Apparently he's been reduced to competing with Will Whitticker for a backup tackle spot, and due to an injury-prone past and less upside, he will probably lose out.

Oh, by the way, without doing research I can name a worse third-round pick than B.J. Sander: Donnell Washington. At least Sander was a below-average punter for a season. Washington contributed zilch.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not including rookies, 'cause their jury's still out...

Love 'em:

1) Nick Collins
2) William Henderson
3) Samkon Gado
4) Nick Barnett
5) Ahmad Carroll (not a popular choice, I know. Just trust me...)

Leave 'em:
1) BJ Sander
2) Adrian Klemm
3) Najeh Davenport
4) Robert Ferguson (if we had someone better, I mean)
5) Billy Cundiff

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love em'
1. Samkon Gado- I think he was the feel good story of last year, and i really think he can be good.
2. Aaron Kampman- He always goes at full speed!
3. Chad Clifton- Another guy that gives his all. One of the best in my view.
4. William Henderson- This guy always seems to be done, but never gives in and always comes through. I AM worried that he might be used up.
5. Rob Davis- Not a high profile player, but has anyone else been so consistantly good at his job? He makes long snapping look easy. Plus, i can't count how many times he has been in on a tackle after snapping on a punt. He doesn't just snap the ball and sit there, he goes after the receiver.

Leave em'
1. B.J. Sander- I don't think this needs alot of explaining.
2. Mark Roman- Hasn't done alot as i see it.
3. David Martin- When is this guy gonna DO anything???
4. Kenny Peterson- Another under achiever. I keep expecting this guy to blossum, then he fizzles.
5. KGB- This is a hard one for me.......I REALLY like the guy, he's classy and goes hard. But he just doesn't seem to get to the QB enough to warrent the big money he's getting. I don't think he's heavy enough to be an every down DE. The defenses have seemed to figure out his moves, and counter them easily now. Maybe if they had a decent DE on the other side it would get KGB more shots at the QB.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
4. Kenny Peterson- Another under achiever. I keep expecting this guy to blossum, then he fizzles.

I feel ya, cheesey, but he really came on hard last year. I was like "damn! Jenkins just smashed that guy! oh wait, that was Peterson?!?!"

Ill keep my eye on him....our dline depth is awesome.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
cheesey said:

I feel ya, cheesey, but he really came on hard last year. I was like "damn! Jenkins just smashed that guy! oh wait, that was Peterson?!?!"

Yeah I hope Peterson will show up this year. Jenkins was not as impressive as I hoped and could easily be added to my leave em list.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
cheesey said:

So.....that was YOU feeling me!!! I wondered who that was!!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:
I know, Peterson made some plays, but it was like a teaser. I think he has the talent, just not sure why he can't consistantly be good.
If he doesn't put it in high gear this year, he may be on the outside looking in. I HOPE he puts it all together and shows up! I'd LIKE to see him succeed!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love:

Corey Williams - Just keeps getting better and better, great hustle and heart. He puts it all together in year 3.

Michael Montgomery - Showed flashes every time he hit the field last year as a rookie. Was projected much higher except for a now remedied medical condition....he shows it with hard play anf high energy.

Donald Lee - Potential to be a field-stretching threat and has toughness that I like.

Zach Alcorn - Small school rookie allows us to rid perennial underachiever David Martin and brings a blue-collar toughness (and great hands, by the weay) that the fans will fall in love with.

Kenderick Allen - A big plugger that will make the LBs jobs a whole lot easier....showing much more than expected when he was acquired.

Greg Jennings - Smart, hard working and productive. He will do enough his first year to make it possible for others to operate more freely...after he burns a few people to garner their attention.

Hate:

David Martin - See Zach Alcorn, above.

Rod Gardener - Lazy jerk who doesn't seem to understand he is running out of chances in the league. My money says a hard worker like Ruvell Martin sticks instead.

Mark Roman - Underwood will emerge enough to make this whining matador take his turnstyle tackling elsewhere. How can you like a guy who b1tches about having competition brought in.

Leo Bookman - Sure he has blazing speed but his hands are crap. Nothing more than Chatman with worse hands...and we know Chatman is no longer part of the program.

BJ Sander - Need I say more??!!

Garrett Cross - Too much competition for Aaron's old friend to stick.

Members online

Latest posts