Looks like RG3 to the Skins.....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@
AdamSchefter
Washington Redskins traded three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick to St. Louis for second overall pick

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
He is going to be a bust, no joke about it.

While the media is drooling over him, i went back and looked at Baylor's schedule. He did not play a single Top 10 ranked defense, and when he played average defense like Oklahoma State and Texas A&M, he got his *** kicked.

People forgot (including me) that Cam Newton was playing against top tier ranked defenses when he won the Heisman.

I would have LOVED to see RGIII get destroyed by Alabama if he couldn't even beat Oklahoma State.

Put RGIII in the S.E.C. and he would have looked like crap.

Also, Cam Newton had a mentor. I don't call him the Second Coming of #1 for nothing. Warren Moon has done a fantastic job mentoring him.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Thats a lot of picks to give up for RG3.

Now they did not "suck for Luck." But they should have lost more games so they could have been "God awful for Griffin" without giving up the picks.

"Mail it in for Matt" ended sadly.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I am going to have to get in photoshop and make a picture of that if they really do draft him. "God Awful For Griffin!" Oh my Redskins friend would just love me for that lol

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yep it was.....

Suck for Luck
God Awful for Griffin
Mail it in for Matt

lmao

Too bad Matt messed it up.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Would you give up your first round draft pick of the next 3 years, and your second round draft choice for ONE guy?

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Would you give up your first round draft pick of the next 3 years, and your second round draft choice for ONE guy?

No.

And I hear the Colts are also having issues moving Freeney. If they can't trade him it's a release. I really want to get something for him though.

Someone claims the Skins and Seahawks have shown interest. Not sure the Skins have picks left to give the Colts lmao.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
No.

And I hear the Colts are also having issues moving Freeney. If they can't trade him it's a release. I really want to get something for him though.

Someone claims the Skins and Seahawks have shown interest. Not sure the Skins have picks left to give the Colts lmao.

I can see Dan Synder giving up 1 pick for him. I can't believe the Skins did this. Actually I can, but I can't....Someone trying to top Mike Ditka for epic failure wasting draft picks.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I dont think the Skins have picks left. Same with the Raiders. The teams to milk are now being milked out.

I think this will be a hit to Dwight's ego if he is not truly getting good offers and might eventually be released.

Oh man......so many vets on the Colts. How they have fallen.

You mean nobody wants Dwight Freeney?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I have a feeling Griffin will be a bust as well, but when I think about it, even though they've mortgaged the next 3 years of the draft, they have a ridiculous amount of cap space the last time I heard. So if they play their cards right in Free Agency they should be able to find a few quality targets for RGIII. They better break out their checkbook for Vincent Jackson and give him what he wants.

So yeah, even though they've given up way too much for one guy, they aren't necessarily screwed.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is going to be a bust, no joke about it.

While the media is drooling over him, i went back and looked at Baylor's schedule. He did not play a single Top 10 ranked defense, and when he played average defense like Oklahoma State and Texas A&M, he got his *** kicked.

People forgot (including me) that Cam Newton was playing against top tier ranked defenses when he won the Heisman.

I would have LOVED to see RGIII get destroyed by Alabama if he couldn't even beat Oklahoma State.

Put RGIII in the S.E.C. and he would have looked like crap.

Also, Cam Newton had a mentor. I don't call him the Second Coming of #1 for nothing. Warren Moon has done a fantastic job mentoring him.
Threw for 320 yards and 2 tds with only one interception versus the 15th ranked defense. He had 1 bad game all season and that was against Oklahoma State. Texas A&M he played pretty defense but lets not pretend Baylor has a ton of talent around him.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Threw for 320 yards and 2 tds with only one interception versus the 15th ranked defense. He had 1 bad game all season and that was against Oklahoma State. Texas A&M he played pretty defense but lets not pretend Baylor has a ton of talent around him.

Not sold on him one bit.

Newton had to play against Alabama, LSU, Florida (average defense Meyer's last season), South Carolina (good defense in 2010) and that's a lot tougher than the **** poor schedule Baylor had.All the media constantly say he's gonna be a success like Cam Newton was, but I think the world totally under estimated Newton. We all forgot he was playing against top tier defenses in the SEC, and was beating them.

Baylor had a really easy schedule, but got blown by Texas A&M and Oklahoma State. I don't know how bad they would have looked playing better defenses than that.

Right about now the Redskins look like pure suckers. Even if RGIII is a decent quarterback, there is no way, that 1 player was worth your first round draft pick for the next 3 years, and your second round draft pick this year.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get your point about Cam Newton but I don't know how Baylor's defense giving up 50+ points has anything to do with RG3 and lets not forget Cam had a bad game or two himself. Outside of Kendall Wright RG3's supporting cast is average at best and their defense was awful. I'm not sure giving up 2 first rounds picks for him was a good idea but I really do think he is well worth the number 2 pick.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well it's hard to say, but I think even if he comes out as a fairly average quarterback, he's going to need to take his time on the bench. Redskins offensive line is awful. But I'm assuming since they gave up so much for one draft pick, they are going to play heavy in free agency, just as Dan Synder loves to build a fantasy team on washed up super stars.

I feel bad for the old school Redskins fans. Now they know exactly how we felt down here in the bayou 12 years ago when Mike Ditka blew the Saints entire draft for Ricky Williams. Looking back, people tell me Ricky was a good RB, but he was not worth the entire draft. I think the Redskins made a huge mistake throwing those picks away.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at who owns the Redskins & there's your answer. Snyder gave Haynesworht a &100M contract. He's known for big contracts & big flops. Redskins haven't won a SB since he took over

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's hard to say, but I think even if he comes out as a fairly average quarterback, he's going to need to take his time on the bench. Redskins offensive line is awful. But I'm assuming since they gave up so much for one draft pick, they are going to play heavy in free agency, just as Dan Synder loves to build a fantasy team on washed up super stars.

I feel bad for the old school Redskins fans. Now they know exactly how we felt down here in the bayou 12 years ago when Mike Ditka blew the Saints entire draft for Ricky Williams. Looking back, people tell me Ricky was a good RB, but he was not worth the entire draft. I think the Redskins made a huge mistake throwing those picks away.
That trade that Ditka made was THE biggest/dumbest trade the Aints have or will ever make. It'll be interesting to see what else the skins do to help RGIII out on offense. He's going to need it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
RG3 is THE worst possible fit for the Skins for one reason and one reason alone: Mike Shamaham. The only reason DC bumped up was to save Shamaham from the chopping block. If RG3 really wants to save his career, he'll tank this first season to get a new coach who knows how to utilize his style of play. However tanking a season is wrong under any circumstance (lookin at you Colts, this is the third time.)

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody but nobody can or will ever beat Ditkas dastardly demise. Nobody is worth that many draft picks,especially Ricky Williams. Not the biggest draft bust but he's close to the top 10 IMAO

Latest posts