Looks like RB Starks still not ready...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
He didn't have training camp.

For a rookie, that's kind of important. It's going to take him longer because of that.

He's probably healthy, he probably just doesn't know the system yet.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't have training camp.

For a rookie, that's kind of important. It's going to take him longer because of that.

He's probably healthy, he probably just doesn't know the system yet.

according to JS you are right. He was doing very basic drills with coach bennett this morning

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to JS you are right. He was doing very basic drills with coach bennett this morning

Yeah, I just read that. I thought he was suppose to be good to go though since he's been attending all the meetings and things like that. Guess it still takes time. JS made it sound like he's a ways out from actually playing.

Reaction score
Some Fresh Bodies at Packers Practice Today - 1330 WHBL Sheboygan's News Radio

Sounds like Harris/Bigby are ready to go, but Starks is not... WTH I thought he was the furthest along and doing well. Will this guy EVER be healthy?

He hasn't been in pads since his junior year. Its not that he is hurt it's that he has to get his body ready for hits hes going to take. He will probably not play this week. Next week maybe. I dont know how far he is behind but i would think he would be ready for the jets

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, that might be Mike Neal, who is officially out for this weekend. Again.

Damn shame too, because we could really use him.

We need Neal... If he stays healthy he would have a major impact on defense I feel.

As far as Starks goes I think when he is able to play, we will be delighted by what we see. Im a fan and really interested in seeing how he does. :happy0005:

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya it really sucks that Neal has been hurt so much. He definitely has an impact on the D when he's on the field.

As for Starks, didn't we just let some RB go from our practice squad? Doesn't that mean something in regards to Starks?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya it really sucks that Neal has been hurt so much. He definitely has an impact on the D when he's on the field.

As for Starks, didn't we just let some RB go from our practice squad? Doesn't that mean something in regards to Starks?
No, I dont' think so. We have 3 weeks to activate Starks to the active roster or put him on IR, practice squad or cut him.

Don't read too much into him not getting playing time right away. Same can be said for Nance. It is more of a matter of MM wanting the RBs to be very familiar with the offense before getting playing time. They need to know not just the runs and blocking schemes, but receiving routes, and most importantly - blocking assignments. Starks, even if he had been healthy up to now, probably wouldn't be getting that many carries. And when you consider his lack of reps, I expect the Packers to use the full 3 weeks before they do something with him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I dont' think so. We have 3 weeks to activate Starks to the active roster or put him on IR, practice squad or cut him.

Don't read too much into him not getting playing time right away. Same can be said for Nance. It is more of a matter of MM wanting the RBs to be very familiar with the offense before getting playing time. They need to know not just the runs and blocking schemes, but receiving routes, and most importantly - blocking assignments. Starks, even if he had been healthy up to now, probably wouldn't be getting that many carries. And when you consider his lack of reps, I expect the Packers to use the full 3 weeks before they do something with him.

We actually have 6 weeks to get him activated or sent to IR. 3 weeks to practice and then 3 weeks after to activate him.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also not to mention, that there's no way this guy is in "football" shape...that takes a lotta reps as well...I don't expect him to be a part of the offense on a normal basis til late late this season...at the earliest

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damnit I wish he was ready, I just wanna see if he has something to offer.. He looked decent running against the competition at Buffalo, but that really isnt saying much at all compared to the NFL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts