Longwell and kickoffs

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Longwell going to handle kickoffs in MN? If so, we're going to get enjoy great field position for at least two games this year.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but the other team will have even better field position against us when we shank 30+ yard field goals

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah, but the other team will have even better field position against us when we shank 30+ yard field goals

If our offense does the job we shouldn't have to worry about shanking kicks.. :wink:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not goin to knock Longwell. In his heyday he was awesome. The problem was that when he missed it was always someone else's fault. But I sure wish he was with us one more year. I'm really disappointed that he went to Minnesota. I hate those guys.

rob836

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take any guy that is dead on 30 on in in field goals and can kick-off in the opponents end zone over Longwell any day. I think Longwell gone is a great plus for are team. That's one of the reason I think the Packers will win both games this season over MN.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that they will allow him to kickoff. That is one thing I won't miss about Longwell. He can only kick the ball to the 10 yard line, and then the kick returner would return the ball to the 35 yard line. That was such a disadvantage for the defense, b/c a couple of first downs and they are in field goal position.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing one of the most accurate kickers in history and The Packers all time leading scorer, and replacing him with a cast-off from Dallas, that makes me feel better about the Packer's chances this year in close games.

Members online

Latest posts