1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Longwell and kickoffs

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Timmons, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Is Longwell going to handle kickoffs in MN? If so, we're going to get enjoy great field position for at least two games this year.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't underestimate Longwell. He had respectable kickoffs in the extreme cold of GB, playing inside a dome could do wonders for his kickoffs.

3. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but the other team will have even better field position against us when we shank 30+ yard field goals

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If our offense does the job we shouldn't have to worry about shanking kicks.. :wink:

5. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not goin to knock Longwell. In his heyday he was awesome. The problem was that when he missed it was always someone else's fault. But I sure wish he was with us one more year. I'm really disappointed that he went to Minnesota. I hate those guys.

6. rob836

rob836 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll take any guy that is dead on 30 on in in field goals and can kick-off in the opponents end zone over Longwell any day. I think Longwell gone is a great plus for are team. That's one of the reason I think the Packers will win both games this season over MN.

7. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My guess is that they will allow him to kickoff. That is one thing I won't miss about Longwell. He can only kick the ball to the 10 yard line, and then the kick returner would return the ball to the 35 yard line. That was such a disadvantage for the defense, b/c a couple of first downs and they are in field goal position.

8. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Losing one of the most accurate kickers in history and The Packers all time leading scorer, and replacing him with a cast-off from Dallas, that makes me feel better about the Packer's chances this year in close games.

9. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah stop hating on Longwell just cuz he left the Pack