Little tidbit about Marshawn Lynch's ability.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Cory said:
Ok I'll say this ONE MORE TIME. I'm not questioning his talent/character etc etc etc. I'm saying I'm not taking AR's opinion. The thread was about what AR had to say about ML. That's what I responding to...not wether he had talent or not.

I'll say this ONE MORE TIME TOO.
SINCE you didn't like AR's opinion, I was offering those of the NFL scouts.
So even if you think AR's doesn't really have weight..because his opinion MATCHED those of the scouts, then my point was ...there COULD be some merit to what AR thought of ML and it can't be totally dismissed as you are saying. I know you thought ML had talent..but I also believe AR had some insight and credibility to evaluate ML's talent.

That's all.

It's not that I don't like what AR had to say. All Ive never said is I'm not taking his opinion on this particular subject. I'm not even saying he's wrong(clearly Im not saying that since I agree he has talent), but let me ask you a question....if you are evaluating a RB or any other player...do you take a teammates word for it or do you look at what your scouts are telling you? Before you say it I know I know the scouts and AR are saying similar things about ML. However, my point is I would listen to the scouts about ML regardless of what AR thinks...

Agreed. What you're saying is a given. That's why I brought up this posting in the first place. The Scouts opinions are all that matters.
I was saying in ADDITION to that...take a look at this..

that's all it was

Well at least we agree Lynch is a serious talent. I wouldn't be opposed to the Packers taking him if hes there at 16. Although if he runs a 4.3 at the combine the Packers may as well wave bye bye to getting Lynch.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is encouraging about the responses in this thread is the dose of healthy scepticism I see.

Lynch could turn out to be a very good NFL player. Or he could be a bust.

NFL player selection is a modified crap shoot. You make your best guess given what you see. But just because Junior can run fast, etc. doesn't mean he will do squat when the pads come on.

Dominating the college game is just that, the college game. All you see there are indicators of how someone will play against a LEAGUE FULL of players with similar abilities.

Often a player is picked by the wrong team. I think of Jamal Reynolds. If he had been drafted by a 3-4 team as an outside rush end/linebacker, he might have stuck. How can he blow NFL scouts away in college and be so bad in the pros? Possibly misplacement, or he simply dominated the college game, but couldn't at the next level.

The rumors floating out is the team thinks A. Green could be out the door if he wants too much money. They also might be committed to a new back.

One rumor has it they would send KGB to Denver(who needs a rush end) with a draft pick for Tatum Bell and a pick. Bell would be a good pickup in this offense. It also solves the Jenkins situation and allows the Packers to pick up an offensive end or defensive back, which is a need.

On point, I think Lynch is an example of what I call "Kiper-Hype", which means people "move up and down" prior to the draft. Based on what? Other than the Senior Bowl, they haven't put the pads on in several weeks.

Peterson is the real deal, to some. Lynch is too. But both could be the "can't miss" that might.

Tatum Bell was a third rounder and could well start for the Packers.

The real draft is not the first round. The team is built around solid drafting in rounds 2-5.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Good post net!

I was thinking something very similar to what your getting at with Jamal.
When I said Sherman drafted projects but didn't have the staff to develop them, I think that's what happened with Jamal.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting post, and I get the gist of what you're saying; that the college game doesn't tranlsate into the NFL.

That's a good point.

On a completely different note....
I'm sorry to point this out, but(as a journalist), the amount of grammatical errors takes away from your message...

What is encouraging about the responses in this thread is the dose of healthy scepticism I see. Lynch could turn out to be a very good NFL player. Or he could be a bust.
"encouraging about the responses in this this thread ARE the healthy dose"
"very good NFL player, OR he could be a bust"

NFL player selection is a modified crap shoot.
What exactly is a MODIFIED crap shoot? Don't you just mean crap shoot?
Crap shoot enough is good.

Dominating the college game is just that, the college game.
That would be "Dominating the college game is just that; the COLLEGE Game."

Often a player is picked by the wrong team.
That would be "OftenTIMES, a player is...."

The rumors floating out is the team thinks A. Green could be out the door if he wants too much money. They also might be committed to a new back.
The rumors floating around ARE that the team thinking A.Green is out OF the door. They might be committed to a new back? How can they be commmited if they MIGHT be doing it? Doesn't make sense. Maybe "considering committing" to a new back is better...

"On point, I think Lynch is an example of what I call "Kiper-Hype", which means people "move up and down" prior to the draft. Based on what? "
"On Point" is overused and doesn't really say anything. Something like "having said that, etc" works

Just my 2 cents.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
See, we should have spell checker before we submit our posts. That'd be a great PF.com addition. ;)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
See, we should have spell checker before we submit our posts. That'd be a great PF.com addition. ;)

It's actually grammar check for NET

His name is 'net' not 'NET'. He's not the only one who could use it, myself included.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry to point this out, but(as a journalist), the amount of grammatical errors takes away from your message...

You mean the number of grammatical errors, not the amount of grammatical errors.

Dont you hate it when that happens?

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

You mean the number of grammatical errors, not the amount of grammatical errors.

Dont you hate it when that happens?

Yes I do. Just like NET...hukt awn fonex wurkt fur mi.

Okay..all kidding aside, back to the original thread.

Lynch, Bush, and Peterson all have speed/power and that will help
them on the next level.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Zero2Cool said:

His name is 'net' not 'NET'. He's not the only one who could use it, myself included.

Yes..NET. ZeroCool.

It's wonderful when users own themselves with an edit. It saves me the trouble. Thank you.

And yes, back to the thread after you've been humiliated.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Zero2Cool said:

Yes..NET. ZeroCool.

It's wonderful when users own themselves with an edit. It saves me the trouble. Thank you.

And yes, back to the thread after you've been humiliated.

Why does Zero always get a pass on the warnings????
I'm posting to NET...and Zero always has to bring a comment in.

Humiliated? Please..
Zero you didn't do ANYTHING as always...

Back to the topic NOW....Just write to me when Lynch does well in the NFL.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Why does Zero always get a pass on the warnings????
I'm posting to NET...and Zero always has to bring a comment in.

Humiliated? Please..
Zero you didn't do ANYTHING as always...

Back to the topic NOW....Just write to me when Lynch does well in the NFL.

1, I don't get 'passes'. I've been banned before. :)
2, You nit picked a good post, I am going to defend good posts other wise they will happen less frequent if tards pick them apart instead of focusing on the good content of the post.
3, "Zero you didn't do ANYTHING as always..." --... oh please, I've contributed to this forum more than you will ever know.
4, Quit your whinning and if you have an issue with me PM the admin via this Link.

Now that we have that cleared up and settled. Could he pretty please get back to something WORTH reading? Thank you.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that we have that cleared up and settled. Could he pretty please get back to something WORTH reading? Thank you.

Please stop trying to get the last word in and tempt the managers from banning you again.

Lynch's 40 yard time should be 4.3-4.4. That's blazing

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say we've gotten as much out of this thread as we could.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts