1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lions show interest in Packers running back Grant

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by News Bot, May 3, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +53
    Source: JSOnline.com

2. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I don't think they run the type of offense that he will excel in. He needs his touches and gets much much better as he reaches the upper limits of his carries, not particularly good at staying in to block and not particularly good out of the backfield as a receiver. Best of luck to him, but I dont think this is the best fit.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    It always bothers me when a player leaves my team and goes to a division rival. I'd rather overpay to keep Grant than let him go to the Lions. Maybe he'll go to the Patriots

4. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I'm not a big Grant fan.

5. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Me either and I think the time of the 25+ carry back grinding away at a defense is pretty much over. There are a few elite backs that still do it in this league. But, we are definitely in the pass happy QB driven age

6. tenplay

tenplay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Grant is a 2nd tier RB and not good enough for a true SB contender. If Rodgers gets into a slump or gets hurt, the Packers have no backup plan and would be hard-pressed to win any games. Our current RB situation cannot carry the O for even one game.

7. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    He's a roster spot that can go to an up and comer. Sorry, I'll miss the guy but the Packers have moved on.

8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I like Grant. We need all the help we can at RB and I wouldn't want to see Grant go. Especially not within the division!!!!

9. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +417
    Since both Clifton and Collins were cut, it seems like we have the cap space to sign Grant for a one year deal if keeping him away from a divisional rival were so important. Since we haven't, I'm assuming it isn't.

Sadly, RBs have become highly expendable in today's NFL.

On a related note, I'm tired of hearing people suggest that the Packers need better talent at the position. Our mediocre run game is the product of an o-line that is geared to protect the passer, not open up holes for the run.

10. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    The Packers over paid Grant on his last contract; although they restructured his contract this past year. I don't think the Packers will make the same mistake twice.

11. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    They did... AJ Hawk.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I liked Grant-- he was a solid contributor and an excellent Packer. However, if he ends up playing for a divisional rival, I don't have any fears.

13. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I like Grant alot. but with the young guys in our stable right now I can't see us paying what another team in need of a running back will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
  15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Ted will sit and wait...Then when there isnt anymore real offers, he will get Ryan for cheap