Lions show interest in Packers running back Grant

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they run the type of offense that he will excel in. He needs his touches and gets much much better as he reaches the upper limits of his carries, not particularly good at staying in to block and not particularly good out of the backfield as a receiver. Best of luck to him, but I dont think this is the best fit.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
It always bothers me when a player leaves my team and goes to a division rival. I'd rather overpay to keep Grant than let him go to the Lions. Maybe he'll go to the Patriots

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big Grant fan.
Me either and I think the time of the 25+ carry back grinding away at a defense is pretty much over. There are a few elite backs that still do it in this league. But, we are definitely in the pass happy QB driven age

tenplay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant is a 2nd tier RB and not good enough for a true SB contender. If Rodgers gets into a slump or gets hurt, the Packers have no backup plan and would be hard-pressed to win any games. Our current RB situation cannot carry the O for even one game.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
He's a roster spot that can go to an up and comer. Sorry, I'll miss the guy but the Packers have moved on.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since both Clifton and Collins were cut, it seems like we have the cap space to sign Grant for a one year deal if keeping him away from a divisional rival were so important. Since we haven't, I'm assuming it isn't.

Sadly, RBs have become highly expendable in today's NFL.

On a related note, I'm tired of hearing people suggest that the Packers need better talent at the position. Our mediocre run game is the product of an o-line that is geared to protect the passer, not open up holes for the run.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers over paid Grant on his last contract; although they restructured his contract this past year. I don't think the Packers will make the same mistake twice.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I liked Grant-- he was a solid contributor and an excellent Packer. However, if he ends up playing for a divisional rival, I don't have any fears.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ted will sit and wait...Then when there isnt anymore real offers, he will get Ryan for cheap

Members online

Latest posts