Let's Get This Guy

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For anyone unfamiliar, here is a game tape on TE Hunter Henry. It illustrates his work ethic as a blocker, as well as his quickness and skills as a receiver. I think he'd be perfect for this team.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We definitely need a TE and if he does decide to come out OJ Howard from Alabama would be my top choice without hesitation. He his totally hidden in Alabama's Offense and he might be able to sneak through to us and yes he would be a huge weapon!

Per ESPN's Chris Low, Alabama junior TE O.J. Howard plans to return to school for the 2016 season.

The Alabama Media Group was reporting on Friday that Howard would be returning to Alabama in 2016 and Low's report backs this up. The 6-foot-6, 240-pound junior exploded in the National Championship Game against Clemson, catching five passes for 208 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Outside of that fantastic game, though, Howard was largely limited on offense. That's no slight on his talent. Alabama HC Nick Saban's already admitted that the tight end was underutilized this past season. Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks him as the No. 23 overall draft prospect.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henry is probably going to be off the board by our pick in the 2nd. Not spending our 1st on a TE. Would be very very happy to have Henry if he was available in 2nd though. And yeah... Howard is staying in school. Why tease?! :cry:

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time we traded out of the 1st Rd and picked a Receiver in the 2nd Rd it worked out pretty well for us (Jordy Nelson)

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh who knows, we'll see what's there in April. Can't tunnel-vision on one guy you like though.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I was hoping OJ would come out. Next year's tight end class is going to be stacked!

Surprising, right? Thought for sure after that Fiesta explosion he'd declare.

I hope next year's TE crop is good, cos this year's is not. Maybe someone will turn heads at the combine, but right now, looks weak.

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Howard is one of the most athletic TEs that I have seen, but he has been knocked for sloppy route running. We all know that has kept talented players off of the field before. I have a feeling that will turn MM off.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rookie TE's haven't seemed to help much early lately, even first rounders.
Eric Ebron taken before Odell Beckham.
I want help right away as this team keeps wasting seasons where we should or could win Super Bowls.

I'd prefer to add UFA LaDarius Green, who is the same 6' 6", 240 with speed. He's also made some NFL LB's, Safeties, CB's look foolish.

He's only 25, has learned from the best in Gates. I don't think he'll be super expensive as his stats aren't eye-popping and he was a 3rd or 4th round pick.

He's faster than Finley was, and a little taller. He beat Clay one-on-one this year for a 19-yard touchdown.
Imagine this from Rodgers.... he can keep his #89 too. He's faster than James Jones is, and is almost a half-foot taller.

OP
OP
P

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rookie TE's haven't seemed to help much early lately, even first rounders.
Eric Ebron taken before Odell Beckham.
I want help right away as this team keeps wasting seasons where we should or could win Super Bowls.

I'd prefer to add UFA LaDarius Green, who is the same 6' 6", 240 with speed. He's also made some NFL LB's, Safeties, CB's look foolish.

He's only 25, has learned from the best in Gates. I don't think he'll be super expensive as his stats aren't eye-popping and he was a 3rd or 4th round pick.

He's faster than Finley was, and a little taller. He beat Clay one-on-one this year for a 19-yard touchdown.
Imagine this from Rodgers.... he can keep his #89 too. He's faster than James Jones is, and is almost a half-foot taller.

I don't think SD wants to lose him. And if they are willing to let him walk, it's because somebody else is willing to pay more.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, I'd even take a look at Dwayne Allen. Wasn't fast, but seems like he might be a bit better than Rodgers. I guess we'll have to see what's out there, but I really wish next years crop all declared for this year's draft.

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In almost every "Ted should sign XYZ free agent" thread ever, I've been a naysayer. I'm mostly fine with his limited FA approach. Tight end this year, however, I'm really hoping we bring someone in. We just don't have a guy in-house to be hopeful about and the draft class is weak at TE. But who knows what guys will even be available. Some good young TEs looking to hit the market, but realistically, most if not all will be re-signed by their current teams.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even with a new te you fks would be complaining the next year saying we need another te. it's a neverending story.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even with a new te you fks would be complaining the next year saying we need another te. it's a neverending story.

I think the more likely reality is that people will keep wanting a new tight end until we find one that inspires some sort of confidence in the position going forward. "You fks" was unnecessary.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the more likely reality is that people will keep wanting a new tight end until we find one that inspires some sort of confidence in the position going forward. "You fks" was unnecessary.
i'm reading the shoutbox archive. so depressing reading all comments that were so hopeful by expressing their enthusiasm after witnessing that "come from behind" hail mary pass to janis.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts