Last nights scrimmage

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
One of the announces on last nights telecast said after watching most of the scrimmage, "If your a Green Bay Packer fan, you have plenty to be worried about."

Of course most of you who watched the scrimmage didn't hear the comment. People tend not to hear what they don't want to hear.

My opinion of the scrimmage is that there wasn't much to write home about. Let's hope that in next Thursday's 1st pre-season game things get a little better.
 

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
Is this where you tell us the season is over because no team who lost a scrimmage ever went to the SB?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
1
The Packers are a team that is in a bit of transition. Offensively their guard play is a concern. There were way too many breakdowns. Davenport got hurt again. That kid is so injury prone. I don't know how he's going to command a big salary when he gets hurt all the time. I didn't think Davenport ran hard last night. I wonder why. Defensively, all I can say is, "Yikes". There wasn't much there to hang your hat on, even though it is very early. The scrubs look weak.

My assesment would include this thought. The Bills have more talent perhaps, but the real key is that they look so much better prepared and maybe that's because their talent level is better than ours. I wasn't surprised at all to see our team ill-prepared.
 

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
Wausau WI
Again we were talking about if preseason games can tell us anything, and I think a scrimmage means a whole lot less than a preseason game. I dont believe that our D will be that bad.
 

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
agopackgo4 said:
Again we were talking about if preseason games can tell us anything, and I think a scrimmage means a whole lot less than a preseason game. I dont believe that our D will be that bad.


As the season goes on there should be improvement under Jim Bates, but nothing substantial enough to get the Packers into or deep into the playoffs.

Bates can't make filet mignon from chopped meat.
 

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
I think the preseason tells alot. But I don't think the scores tell very much. To be able to learn from preseason one must be able to watch individual players, to see how there are performing. For example, there's a big difference if a reciever consistently gets open against "Joe Smuck" vs Nate Clements. Since TV follows the ball, it is limited and difficult, at best, to be able to judge.IMO
 

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
2
Location
San Jose, Ca.
SlickVision said:
Is this where you tell us the season is over because no team who lost a scrimmage ever went to the SB?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hehehe...


we did look like **** out there last night, i can count the number of positive things that happened for god's sake. that being said, any Packer fan who is ready to pack it in after a practice game needs their *** kicked badly.
 

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
arrowgargantuan said:
SlickVision said:
Is this where you tell us the season is over because no team who lost a scrimmage ever went to the SB?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hehehe...


we did look like **** out there last night, i can count the number of positive things that happened for god's sake. that being said, any Packer fan who is ready to pack it in after a practice game needs their *** kicked badly.


Agreed however wisconsin has laws against harming minors hahahhaa

j/k geez don't go all 'wahh wahh hes threatening me' on mah keestah
 

Anubis

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
767
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
PackerTraxx said:
To be able to learn from preseason one must be able to watch individual players, to see how there are performing. For example, there's a big difference if a reciever consistently gets open against "Joe Smuck" vs Nate Clements.

Exactly. Preseason is used to evaluate individual players, especially new acquisitions vs. second and third string lines. Anyone who feels that preseason (much less a scrimmage) is any kind of barometer toward how well a team will fare in the regular season has much more faith in fortune telling than I do. To me, it is no more ridiculous than believing if you suffer a blowout during the regular season, you will have absolutely no hope in making the playoffs.

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley
 

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
2
Location
San Jose, Ca.
SlickVision said:
Agreed however wisconsin has laws against harming minors hahahhaa

j/k geez don't go all 'wahh wahh hes threatening me' on mah keestah

i wasn't talkin about you Slick...i know you ride out the season till the wheels fall off. thats what fans are supposed to do...my comment was for the "impending doom" types, the ones with no backbone ya know.
 

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
arrowgargantuan said:
SlickVision said:
Is this where you tell us the season is over because no team who lost a scrimmage ever went to the SB?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hehehe...


we did look like **** out there last night, i can count the number of positive things that happened for god's sake. that being said, any Packer fan who is ready to pack it in after a practice game needs their *** kicked badly.


The only thing is you ain't tough enough to kick anyone's ***.
 

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
2,883
Reaction score
5
Location
Lambeau Midwest
There it finally slipped into being personal.... Couldn't help yerself... WOW - No surprises there....

Where we watched the game, it was pretty loud, like it always is since they WON'T setup pre-season for SUNDAYS.. like they should for cry iy iy... and sadly, I didn't hear that comment... But, again the Commentator was who? Point made!

The thing I'm hearing from others is that Mike Sherman got together with the Coach from Buffalo and asked him to lay it on thick against the Packers Defense.. It was (apparently) a request from Jim Bates personally... Meaning, he wanted to see how the Players would handle it - and off the top, Colin Cole was outstanding and should have received the Game Ball - What's more all of you know it. Yet, no one really mentioned the play of anyone here....

The only thing I saw that still needs improvement is confidence and timing....
The D actually looked pretty good considering - they are certainly better than last year already - although Chase will say he's the Expert about it and tell ya differently.

On Offense, I saw Chatman make a couple of good plays and also he messed up the timing on a couple of others which could have made a huge difference had he been paying attention to the game and not a memorized route... One was where Brett had come back into the Game and Chatman got a pass into his back by not turning around to focus on the play - he was simply running a pre-arranged route...

I thought Ben Steele & Sean McHugh showed us something that the Press would rather you not focus on, as well....

Bottom line? The PC Sports Reporters are already calling the Packers "done & over with" as is Steel (Chase) Wheels... Ya see, He's PC - He drinks the kool-aid blindly... as you can tell by his postings.... He's also very thin skinned, to boot!

As far as I'm concerned - It's just gettin' started - which by no means says anyone (especially here) has any proof the Packers are a lost cause - it's not the 80's around Lambeau - so get over it you naysayers....

Losman may be alot like Brett - but that simply means he'll throw a lot more INTs than Rodgers would... And Rodgers versus Alex Smith? Rodgers is the better of the deal - If anything, Smith will be the guy who gets injured and goes bust... He has the money, but not the protection Rodgers will have..

What we didn't see was how those injured Players would have done in the Scrimmage and that's okay.... They'll be ready for the regular Pre-season games soon enough... It's all about the timing.

My Packers Cup is half full - NOT half empty.. like some of these posts read like...
 

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
2,084
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
Yes the Bills' backups looked a lot better than ours did as a whole BUT the first team defense looked decent and Mike Hawkins was outstanding. The O stunk, especially the OL, but again the sacks were given up on blitzes and we haven't worked on this stuff as a unit yet.

The Packers looked much better than the Bills on Thursday night at practise on O and on D and it was probably a tie on Friday morning.

Don't listen to Steel Wheels and Pack66 the sky is not falling. We'll be fine.
 

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
2
Location
San Jose, Ca.
Steel Wheels said:
arrowgargantuan said:
hehehe...


we did look like **** out there last night, i can count the number of positive things that happened for god's sake. that being said, any Packer fan who is ready to pack it in after a practice game needs their *** kicked badly.


The only thing is you ain't tough enough to kick anyone's ***.


woah...back up the bus there big guy, you're being way too defensive. my comment was about as general as it gets, on top of that i think just about anybody would agree with it.

im talking about fans with no heart..you assume im talking about you!?! you shouldn't be so paranoid...unless of course you are ready to pack it in after a scrimmage, then i could understand the hostility.
 

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
arrowgargantuan said:
Steel Wheels said:
arrowgargantuan said:
hehehe...


we did look like **** out there last night, i can count the number of positive things that happened for god's sake. that being said, any Packer fan who is ready to pack it in after a practice game needs their *** kicked badly.


The only thing is you ain't tough enough to kick anyone's ***.


woah...back up the bus there big guy, you're being way too defensive. my comment was about as general as it gets, on top of that i think just about anybody would agree with it.

im talking about fans with no heart..you assume im talking about you!?! you shouldn't be so paranoid...unless of course you are ready to pack it in after a scrimmage, then i could understand the hostility.


Talk about who is paranoid....I was only talking in general too.

I never said I was packing it in, so you couldn't have been talking about me.
 

Ryan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
3,371
Reaction score
1
Location
Omaha, NE
All off topic. Bring it back on or I will lock it. And unless my wife logs on, no one here will tell me what I should have written.

<center>Get this back on topic from here out.</center>
 

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Ryan said:
And unless my wife logs on, no one here will tell me what I should have written.


Another Forum Admin with a messiah complex.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
 

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
3,643
Reaction score
2
Location
San Jose, Ca.
Steel Wheels said:
Talk about who is paranoid....I was only talking in general too.

no. no you weren't. you quoted me buddy..thats pretty much addressing someone directly. but whatever, it's not important anyway.

i'd like to see you last a bit longer on this forum..dont take shots at the Admin. hes about as impartial as it gets.
 

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
2,883
Reaction score
5
Location
Lambeau Midwest
Steel Wheels said:
Ryan said:
And unless my wife logs on, no one here will tell me what I should have written.


Another Forum Admin with a messiah complex.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
I'd say some sitdown time in the corner is due this poster....

You simply do NOT smuck off to the Admin..... ever! If it's YOUR forum, then things would be different - but It Isn't - You should apologize - kidding or not - you should make amends straight away...

From the getgo - it sends a bad message and a low-class attitude!
 

Obi1

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
1,110
Reaction score
0
IPBprez said:
Steel Wheels said:
Ryan said:
And unless my wife logs on, no one here will tell me what I should have written.


Another Forum Admin with a messiah complex.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.
I'd say some sitdown time in the corner is due this poster....

You simply do NOT smuck off to the Admin..... ever! If it's YOUR forum, then things would be different - but It Isn't - You should apologize - kidding or not - you should make amends straight away...

From the getgo - it sends a bad message and a low-class attitude!


I see that you've ALL met the REAL chase/Steal wheels...

YOU guys can delete him or ban him but he will sign on as 15 other people. THAT is his modus operandi. He might already be posting as several others...
 

Members online

Latest posts

Top