Lambeau game day arrests and ejections:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
http://www.postcrescent.com/longform/sports/nfl/packers/2015/09/10/lambeau-arrests/71913104/

“It's just astounding that people are going to waste that kind of money to travel to Lambeau to get booted out of it and go to jail.” -- Michael Klinck of Winnipeg

I hit my first game at Lambeau in 1965 as a 7-year-old. ...and I loved going to that ol' corrugated steel encrusted shell of a structure through the 70's, 80's and 90's. I have to say that after the appearance in the NFC Championship Game following the '95 season, the crowd seemed to change (seemed to skew "younger") and, little by little, I lost my interest in hitting nearly every home game that was played in Green Bay.

I have to admit that now, I'd rather sit in front of my 55" plasma and check out the specks in the Pack's helmets - but the only times I've gone since the 2011 home opener (which was the NBC/NFL dog 'n' pony show) against the Saints, I've gone because my son prodded me to do so.

All that aside, when you have darn near 80,000 people in one spot, you're going to have this "ejection" issue ... but frankly, these stand alone numbers don't mean a whole lot unless you have numbers from the other clubs to compare them to.

So...my personal opinion only, from my own first-hand experience, I'd rate the BEST visiting fans, far and away, have been Carolina Panther fans based on 3 games at Lambeau - always polite and courteous, no angry sh*t-talk...you know what I mean. Just fun folks... 2nd in that category would be...drum roll please.... Vikings fans ... and I'm not joking. My experience with visiting Viking fans to Lambeau has always been FUN. On 3 occasions, we invited Vike fans that we met in the course of the day to join us AFTER - and had more fun. Also, ran into a whole bunch of Vikings fans during a week-long stay on Macinac Island of all places -- and more partying. Good stuff.

The worst? By far ... Bears fans...and again, this has just been MY experience and my opinion. I recall one Bears' loss at Lambeau (before the renovation) where we were tailgating in the stadium parking lot AFTER the game to allow the traffic to clear ... invited a group of Bears' fans to join us as they walked by ... and have never been so rudely rejected ... I mean, we had kids there in our group of 10 or so...rejected with f-bombs and flying fingers .... a group of early-20-somethings wanted to pick a fight right there ... to which I told one of them that they really did NOT want to fight with a bunch of Wisconsin farm boys...so they left...anyway, I also was punched at Soldier Field entering the stadium... so goes the rivalry, I guess.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What a huge disappointment this OP is. I was sure I was about to read about the misbegotten youth of weeds; sneaking into Lambeau and getting caught which led to petty thefts, which led to substance abuse and the commission of multiple felonies, which led to multiple arrests and imprisonment which in turn eventually and inevitably led to a career in (brace yourself, this is the really bad part) banking. Fess up weeds! Confession is good for the soul!

Sky King

Reaction score
My experiences with Chicago fans has generally been negative. Not all, of course, but the obnoxiously vulgar, rude and arrogant Chicago fans seem to be in a league all their own. Pathetically, they seem to relish that dubious distinction. The F-bombing, twenty-something Chicago fans well-represent their ilk. Bad beer and deep dish pizza must damage the gene pool irreparably. Poor articulation could be a symptom.

H

HardRightEdge

What a huge disappointment this OP is. I was sure I was about to read about the misbegotten youth of weeds; sneaking into Lambeau and getting caught which led to petty thefts, which led to substance abuse and the commission of multiple felonies, which led to multiple arrests and imprisonment which in turn eventually and inevitably led to a career in (brace yourself, this is the really bad part) banking. Fess up weeds! Confession is good for the soul!
Hey, c'mon! Like Cosmo Kramer, I always dreamed of being a banker! ;)

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I shoulda been a brain surgeon ... A soda jerk...or a forest ranger catchin wiley bears stealin' pic-i-nic baskets...but no...I slacked off on my studies and end up in freegin' banking..,grrr

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Been to about 13 games

Bear, Viking, Pitts, Tampa, Saints, Lions, Atlanta

Vikings were by far the WORSE ones..

But that also was Rodgers 1st year (they won) and Bretts two years (lost 1st one and won 2nd one)

Viking fans were nasty rude and just horrible

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My experiences with Chicago fans has generally been negative. Not all, of course, but the obnoxiously vulgar, rude and arrogant Chicago fans seem to be in a league all their own. Pathetically, they seem to relish that dubious distinction. The F-bombing, twenty-something Chicago fans well-represent their ilk. Bad beer and deep dish pizza must damage the gene pool irreparably. Poor articulation could be a symptom.

This is why I never feel bad for Bear fans when their team is getting beat on and they're calling for George McCaskey to sell the team.

To be fair though, I don't visit too many forums or comment too many articles out there nowadays because most NFL youth fans in their early 20s and below category are so disoriented when it comes to football discussion you can't really tell them anything that goes contrary to some ESPN or NFLN idiotic way of thinking. I always love the Packers and nowadays stay pretty removed from the drama sites that consume most the rest of the league, but I'm certainly aware of what the social media generation has created within NFL fanbases these days.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This is why I never feel bad for Bear fans when their team is getting beat on and they're calling for George McCaskey to sell the team.

To be fair though, I don't visit too many forums or comment too many articles out there nowadays because most NFL youth fans in their early 20s and below category are so disoriented when it comes to football discussion you can't really tell them anything that goes contrary to some ESPN or NFLN idiotic way of thinking. I always love the Packers and nowadays stay pretty removed from the drama sites that consume most the rest of the league, but I'm certainly aware of what the social media generation has created within NFL fanbases these days.

Oh my gawd awmighty .... are we twin sons of different mothers??? The term I use facetiously ... is "Oh...you're part of the ESPN generation...never mind." :)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've had very few bad opposing team fans sit next to us. Husband of one of the season ticket holders in front of us is a Vikings fan, wife is a Packers fan and he takes the good natured ribbing from us very well. We don't give him a really hard time because, well, he's a faithful fan of a perpetual loser. You gotta feel for him, a little. Philly fans are supposed to be the worst, but there were 2 guys from Philly sitting next to us a few years ago, and they couldn't have been nicer. Actually, drunken Packers fans are a bigger annoyance around us--especially when we've got grandkids with us. Drunken fans are not the greatest role models for kids--regardless of whom they are rooting for.

Sky King

Reaction score

In a related forum phenomena, what's the over/under on those sites for the number of posts before some "contributor" makes a rude commentary, maybe two?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've had very few bad opposing team fans sit next to us. Husband of one of the season ticket holders in front of us is a Vikings fan, wife is a Packers fan and he takes the good natured ribbing from us very well. We don't give him a really hard time because, well, he's a faithful fan of a perpetual loser. You gotta feel for him, a little. Philly fans are supposed to be the worst, but there were 2 guys from Philly sitting next to us a few years ago, and they couldn't have been nicer. Actually, drunken Packers fans are a bigger annoyance around us--especially when we've got grandkids with us. Drunken fans are not the greatest role models for kids--regardless of whom they are rooting for.

In all honesty, I doubt you could visit a single NFL stadium these days without there being some kind of ejection that happens, even in Jacksonville and besides that I happened to see that one guy there is from Winnipeg. I've had my dealings believe it or not with Canadians, and while I'm not going to make fun of them, I could say some of our sports fan cultural things are just misunderstood by them. Or even more so you could probably find a few things they are unintentionally ignorant of. Not willfully ignorant but unintentionally. Probably didn't stop to think of how bad things have been in Cleveland with the riots or things like that Cardinals-49ers massive brawl last year. Compared to what you find out there, Lambeau is still by far and away the best of them all.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts