1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Koren Robinson back in Jail

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Jul 25, 2007.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Source

While the reason for arrest is unclear, it is sad to see Koren back in the slammer.

Hopefully it isn't for anything alcohol related.

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Hmmm any offense probably will draw more suspension time for breaking the player conduct policy... he has been arrested several times...

Crossing fingers that it is just time he needed to serve in regards to last year... with a set date of release that sounds possible.

3. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kinda thought that myself, 93. Sounds like he's serving some make-up time that maybe took a while for anybody to notice that he hadn't served yet.

The word admitted is what has me thinking that. Well, more like hoping and praying...

Hopefully it's just some hack journalist's attempt at a breaking news story.

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this news? I thought he was due to serve some jail time anyway. I don't think it's hack journalism, though. The writer is just reporting a fact: Koren Robinson is in jail.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't trying to offend anyone there, my bad if I did. Due to the context, I felt as if its leading the readers to believe that he committed yet another crime. That would be 'hack' or 'bush league' to me if it was just to create some noise, when there was in fact no extra offense.

6. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's where I get to enjoy telling you all, "I told you so."

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no indication whatsoever that Robinson committed any new crimes. This is just a note from a Viking web site stating that Robinson is in jail. They explain the reason why he is there, which is that he broke the law last year. I'm no fan of the guy, but jeez....

8. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    you told us what?

9. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he's just doing his time from a previous incident. he's doing what he needs to do.

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Only a lowlife would take pleasure in another mans unfortunate situation.

I know you are better than that though, right?

11. CaliforniaCheez

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you read the part of my sentence where enjoyment comes from "telling you all". I thought the direct object of the sentence was clearly not Mister Robinson.

I was not commenting on him but prior posts where I explained my opinion that the former Seahawk and viking would not be a member of the 2007 Packers and that fans should not have an expectation of him having a contract.

We have no idea what circumstances lead to his current removal from society.
    Therefore, pleasure cannot be obtained from it.

Rather than explaining direct objects of a sentence and other grammar, I could have brought forward again the numerous Koren Robinson posts but that would be too redundant and excessive.

Perhaps you could PM me on the source of your attitude.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!

(jk, relax fellows, training camp is here. hold the crappy attitudes for when we get our first loss in week 12, then we can all smite each other)

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Gosh, you wrote a lot there and I wish I had the interest to read it. Luckily, I do not.

However, to add to this topic...
    Now, I am no genius, but that reads to me that there is not a new charge and he is simply fulfilling his responsibility of jail time.
    I would suppose the 'told u so' dance would have to be put on hold.

14. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54

PWNED!!

15. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    trom, glad to see that you still have a sense of humor.
    first loss, week 12...bwahaaa... and against Detroit :rotflmao:

Seriously, I have always liked K-Rob and was very sad at his addiction problem. He is an excellent WR, and I hope overcomes his problem and does well.

Koren Robinson's current incarceration is not the result of new charges, it is part of his previous sentence.

USA Today July 25th 2007

Packersnews July 25th 2007

chortle...gasp... excuse me, trom's statement still has me LMAO

16. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Well, it's good to see him taking care of his responsibilities. That's all you can really ask for at this point in time. He's stayed out of trouble for the last 10+ months of his suspension. Hopefully he can stay that way till September 18 and afterwards.

17. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    California Cheeze posted: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Here's where I get to enjoy telling you all, "I told you so."

"
    -CC- I guess you are including me as one of those "you all", in your post above. I don't know if You - CC , can say to knowledgeable Packer fans : "I told you so" ,at least not very often about things going on with the Green Bay Packers .And I consider myself to be one of those knowledgeable Packer fans . And We, Packer fans never quite learning.

I have been following my hometown Green Bay Packers very closely since around 1945 . I was born and raised on the east side of Green Bay just four blocks from old City Stadium. And since 1969, I have lived in Suburb of Green Bay, DePere, which is 5 miles from Lambeau Field.

CC- Be careful when you brag , when you are posting on a packer forum, there are some really knowledgeable Packer fans out here, who know "a thing or two "about this Green Bay Packer franchise. more than not, possess a lot more knowledge of the Packers than even you might have.

Remember Koren Robinson is alcoholic. It take a lot of Discipline for Alcoholic to stay clean. It can be done. I have two friends who have done it and have been "off booze" for many years.!!! Let us hope Koren Robinson is successful. not just for his football career in NFL but Koren has a whole life time ahead of him. Living to drink makes for a horrible life for the person involved and people that love him!!! He has been given a last chance by Packer GM Ted Thompson here in Gteen Bay. let us hope he is successful at taking advantage with opportunities he has been given!!

18. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485

I think zero has the "ownage" of the year....

19. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know I was expecting alot out of him last year. As you can see our receiver position is not very strong. He was going to be the next Chris Carter. We got Carter for nothing and Robinson too. He was going to be our number one receiver. Then it all came crashing down one night.
    I wish him well and I hope he can get his career back on track.

20. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it looks like KRob won't be playing any time soon. As long as Commisioner Castro, ...I mean Goodell, stays consistent....

Thurman out at least another year

21. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I read the article and it appears that Thurman was not a model citizen during his year. I am sure there is more to it.

In KRob's case, He has not been in ANY trouble since the suspesion.

I also think that there is so much that rides on Goodell's conversation with him during the reinstatement process. If the person is not sincerely sorry for his mistakes then I don't think Goodell will reinstate him

22. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Koren Robinson has done everything asked of him. Period.

Anyone betting against him because of his PAST past is betting on the wrong side. Anyone betting on him because of his RECENT past is in far better shape to be a winner.

KRob is TELLING you HE GET'S IT. Not in words but in how he has handled himself during this suspension.

Because of the length of time he has gone WITHOUT alcohol to this point bodes very well for someone in this process. The percentages of success for those that have been free of booze this long is much greater and it gets higher every day.

I look for his football to improve just like his life. He won't be taking anything for granted that's for sure. Not as close to being done as he came.

23. CaliforniaCheez

Ratings:
    +0

It is difficult to communicate with someone who does not know what a direct object of a sentence is and has trouble reading.

As I told you before, so i get to say I told you so, Koren Robinson is extremely unlikely to be a member of the Packers this season.

That has nothing to do with his current incarceration or your insults. A literate person would comprehend that.

Robinson is ineligible to play in the NFL so further discussion is academic.

While some may be awed by the great career and wonderful statistics of Koren Robison it is my opinion that Packer management is not. The improvement in the Packer receiving corp puts his desirability to Packers in doubt should the unlikely restoration of his eligibility occur this season. Cutting one of the Packers final roster receivers to add Robinson would be a mistake.

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!

25. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Cheez . . . you're rotten. Geeeeeeez. Mr. Grammer doctor. You're obviously admitting you're way too intelligent to communicate with half the people on this board, so feel free to stop trying . . .