Jolly time for poll time

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many of you would like to see Johnny Jolly get his Jollies & get another shot at playing D for the Packers? My vote is yes. Goodell has said he doesn't know anything about Jolly putting in for reinstatement. His contract would've ran out last yr but the Packers still hold the rights. Several players have been given a 2nd chance(pacman Jones has been given several several chances)so why not Jolly? Put Jolly & Raji in the middle. That would be sweet. One vote each. Come on Packer fans lets give'm another chance. 1 ur contract for $2M w/$1M guaranteed

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always for putting winning first but I don't know if the talent outweighs the risk.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always for second chances but not third and fourth. If the NFL reinstates him, I am fine with it. Although I'll qualify that if Jolly was a wife beater, child molester, or something else similar I would not be in favor of it. The guy was hurting himself so if he's now seen the errors of his ways, I think that there is no better therapy than getting back on the horse that he rode into the ground

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure he would even make the team. He showed flashes while he was here, but he wasn't an all star. Who knows what he's been doing during all his time away from the league, if he was already making the decision to get messed up on codene what says he hasnt been pounding McDonalds and Mellow yellow instead of the weights.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What says he has?
The rest of the quote explains why I think it is possible he hasnt been staying in football shape.

if he was already making the decision to get messed up on codene

If he thinks it was OK to drink codeine as a recreation activity then what makes you think he wouldn't make the same quality of decisions when it came down to actively staying in football shape. Almost everyone else on the team went through mini camps and OTAs and team strength and conditioning. My only point is the chances are pretty high if he was reinstated today he would not have a great shot at making the team in the middle of training camp.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he thinks it was OK to drink codeine as a recreation activity...

He never said he thought it was okay. He got addicted to a prescription drug, just like Favre did. Yeah, its stupid, but so is smoking tobacco.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm always for second chances but not third and fourth. If the NFL reinstates him, I am fine with it. Although I'll qualify that if Jolly was a wife beater, child molester, or something else similar I would not be in favor of it. The guy was hurting himself so if he's now seen the errors of his ways, I think that there is no better therapy than getting back on the horse that he rode into the ground

Agreed. He had several chances. He was warned by the organization. Now it's time to hit the bricks.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he plays then I know we'll have a holly, Jolly Christmas.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He showed flashes while he was here, but he wasn't an all star.
That's some revisionist history. He wasn't a Pro Bowler yet but well on his way and probably our best D-lineman at the time. He was stout on the run, got some sacks, and had a knack for knocking down and intercepting balls at the line of scrimmage. He was basically Ryan Pickett but with more potential (and picket hasn't been to a PB either).

I don't think that we need to minimize his accomplishments just because of his off-field transgressions. They are two separate discussions but obviously related. I think that I mentioned in a previous Jolly thread, that TT took a chance on Koren Robinson even though he had run afoul several times. You never know which way TT is going to go, and you can NEVER have enough quality defensive linemen.

Members online

Latest posts