Johnny Jolly Avoids Jail Time...Could Play in 2011

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be a nice surprise, although i still think he's a ****** for even getting in this mess.

"In what counts as a major surprise, Packers DE Johnny Jolly will avoid jail time for a 2008 drug possession charge after agreeing to a plea deal with prosecutors.

As part of the deal, his codeine possession charge from late March was dropped altogether. Jolly had been facing up to 20 years in prison for the two charges. Instead, he'll be placed on probation while receiving mandatory drug treatment at a facility in Houston run by former NBA player John Lucas. Jolly remains under indefinite NFL suspension. We wouldn't bank on Commissioner Goodell intervening any time soon, but there's now a chance Jolly will play at some point in 2011."

From Rotoworld.com

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I think this bridge has burned but this ruling gives him a slim chance to play again.

OP
OP
Rodgers_Forever

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this bridge has burned but this ruling gives him a slim chance to play again.
I feel the say way, however, business is business, and as long as he comes to play(and comes clean), I'd welcome him back with open arms. You can never have enough men in the trenches.

OP
OP
Rodgers_Forever

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Step 1:
Get busted for something like 600 grams of codeine.

Step 2:
Go though a year long court battle to get off with probation.

Step 3:
Fail multiple drug tests and get caught again for the same aforementioned crime.

Step 4:
I don't even want to think about what he did for(or to) that judge to get them to drop the charges on the second bust and settle for probation again.

Wow is right my friend.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first thought was WTF?

I think the Packers are too much of a classy organization to take a dope head like this back...

To paraphrase Jack Nickleson in "The Shining"..."Goodbye Johnnie!"

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone on the team needs to give him an intervention. They need to fix him up, he's a stellar player just hangs out with the wrong crowd apparently.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thus the reason you dont cut him based on your initial reaction to the news.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on folks.

We don't know too much about what went on. Especially with the second arrest. I am shocked by the result here, I would have thought with the reputation that Texas has on being tough on drug crimes, that he would be gone for a long time.

Having the charges thrown out has sent me in another direction on this.

Perhaps the 2nd offense turned out not to be codine afterall?

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but I believe there must be something else going on here.

OP
OP
Rodgers_Forever

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on folks.

We don't know too much about what went on. Especially with the second arrest. I am shocked by the result here, I would have thought with the reputation that Texas has on being tough on drug crimes, that he would be gone for a long time.

Having the charges thrown out has sent me in another direction on this.

Perhaps the 2nd offense turned out not to be codine afterall?

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but I believe there must be something else going on here.

I've been doing a little research, and apparently, this is a somewhat normal legal process in Texas. He is getting 5 years of probation where he can't touch a single drug, nor can he go out to any club/bar. I don't know about you, but if i had to go 5 years without hitting up my local pub, I'd go nuts! Another term is that he isn't allowed contact with his two cousins who were also affiliated with their "drug ring".

It will be a tough road for the jolly green giant, and one that i hope he can find some success with. However, if there's anything I've learned with my short amount of life on this earth, its that people are not prone to change, and i fear history may inevitably repeat itself.

He has the talent, and as packer fans, being the finest group of fans the NFL has ever laid witness to, shouldn't we let the man try and prove he's got his **** together? I know I've made more than one mistake in my life, so I'm willing to let him prove his worth in time.

On a side note, I'm not a very religious man, but for those of you who are, don't you have to believe the big J-man upstairs would give him a third chance? Huh, Huh(see where I'm going with this)??

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade his *** to Houston, and see how long he lasts down there in his hood.
Take whatever we can get from Houston, from a 6th or 7th round pick, to some collector's items from NASA, to snack & beverages. Anything.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many ifs surrounding this guy. Are we even sure he's still in playing shape? He was suspended for 2010 and might not have training camp this season.

I don't see him being reinstated immediately, either. Roethlisberger had no charges when he earned a six-game suspension that was reduced to four after good behavior. This guy is coming off a season-long suspension and put himself in more bad light. Then again, not sure how the conduct-policy matters will work if infractions occur during the lockout...

Right now, Jolly should be a last resort for the Packers defensive line depth.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade his *** to Houston, and see how long he lasts down there in his hood.
Take whatever we can get from Houston, from a 6th or 7th round pick, to some collector's items from NASA, to snack & beverages. Anything.

They could use a versatile DL in their new 3-4 under Wade Phillips... lol.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Someone on the team needs to give him an intervention. They need to fix him up, he's a stellar player just hangs out with the wrong crowd apparently.

The team already tried intervention. He was warned to stay away from certain people. Then he was caught with those very people and arrested by the police for substance charges.

He should be cut loose for being a moron and not listening to the organization.

Latest posts