Jim Bates

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me, or did Jim Bates not look like a strong candidate for head coach standing there on the sidelines today? Confident, energetic, dynamic.... Okay, I admit that if he was head coach he would probably have that worried, constipated look that all NFL coaches have on the sidelines, but still, this guy has to get some consideration for the job if Sherman gets the heave-ho. Plus, Bates could maintain continuity with the defense, which would be a big help.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see a guy like Bates with that energy and confidence to coach my beloved Packers !!!! In order to be a good coach you MUST first look like one and Jim Bates surely looks like a good one!!!!

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OC hire would be the crucial one. What if Mike Martz was fired or resigns (which seems likely) and was not able to get another head coaching job? He's a great OC who struggled as a head coach partly because there was nobody to rein in his wackier tendencies. If he was an OC again, with a strong head coach, it just might work. That would be a longshot, though. Even Vermeil had a tough time controlling him, from what I heard.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martz's system is different from Sherman's. How would that play out? I don't think 2 guys with different philosophies could work together too well.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give Martz a shot. Certainly we will not see the 'greatest show on turf (tundra)'...but I am concerned for the well being of Aaron Rodgers if this moron Rossley stays around, he needs to learn fundamentals from a coach who has had success with practically every QB he's ever had. Yes, Martz would need a strong head coach presiding to keep him under control, but I think it would be worth a shot.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopher: When I wrote the Martz thing, the scenario was with Sherman fired and Bates taking over as head coach. I agree that Sherman and Martz would not work well together.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if the fans are upset with Sherman's playcalling then they will adore Martz :roll: . i believe the Raiders are looking seriously at him though.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
gopher: When I wrote the Martz thing, the scenario was with Sherman fired and Bates taking over as head coach. I agree that Sherman and Martz would not work well together.

Yeah, I must be off my rocker. I'm flitting around between 4 different sites/tasks and not really taking things into context. Sorry about that. :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts