Is this spring cleaning, or what?

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are all the old Packers players leaving? I'm all for change, but the rest of the Packer team is still too young, they still need the experienced ones to guide them. Even with such a young coach, we need older players to guide him, to make sure he doesn't make foolish decisions; foolish decisions that older players may have previously experienced.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Maybe this is what the Packers need. Maybe it's time to take the training wheels off the bike, and let the new, fresh, and young Packers roam free. Maybe it's good to wane the Younger Packers from the old experienced masters, so they can move from suckling milk to eating real food.

Considering last season, I think that the rest of the team is starting to pick up, and the rest of the team is starting to rely on Brett Favre less.

Well, this year they had better be able to play without the suckling **** of Brett Favre.

Actually, I should say I hope they can play without the suckling **** of Favre.

Reaction score
It does feel like our leaders are departing left and right.

But I guess that means the onus will be on our current vets to pick up the void created by Rob Davis and Brett Favre leaving.

We've got enough: Taush, Clifton, Kamp, KGB, Pickett, Woodson, Al, Driver, Barnett, and I'm probably missing a couple.

Also I think this will create an opportunity for some other players, the stars of tomorrow like AJ and Greg, to take on a bit more responsibility in the leadership department.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys can't play forever. Favre chose to leave, Bubba was on the bubble and was let go, and Davis was up there in years too. Although I REALLY liked Davis. He was consistant, and always seemed to be in on the tackle after he snapped the ball for a punt. But if you are gonna build a team for long term success, you need to get young guys in there that will be around for awhile, and learn to play together. They get to KNOW what the other guy will do in any given situation. That gives them a better chance to make a play.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
We've got enough: Taush, Clifton, Kamp, KGB, Pickett, Woodson, Al, Driver, Barnett, and I'm probably missing a couple.

Dont forget Tracy White, ST captain.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're getting a young generation of fine players - Gregorious, AJ Hawk, Ryan Grant, Atari Bigby. These are our leaders of tomorrow.

We have some solid "middle-aged" guys like Nick Barnett and Donald Driver, Aaron Kampman, Woodson and Harris. These are our leaders of today.

We got a good young team going into '08. I was really sad to see Favre retire and also when Davis announced his retirement, it's a bummer because now I personally am older than all the GB Packers. I was hoping Favre or Davis would play forever, but that's not going to happen.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just that we, as Packer fans, are really spoiled.

Don't get me wrong, but we were living in the past. We were in awe at how long Brett Favre has lasted. We've been watching Brett Favre's greatness for a decade and a half while other dynasty fans have had to live with the horror of seeing Aikman and Young have injuries that forced them out of the game.

Now it's our turn to move on, but with the great core of players we have--I think we'll continue to be a dominant force in the NFL.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, but we were living in the past. We were in awe at how long Brett Favre has lasted. We've been watching Brett Favre's greatness for a decade and a half while other dynasty fans have had to live with the horror of seeing Aikman and Young have injuries that forced them out of the game.

Now it's our turn to move on, but with the great core of players we have--I think we'll continue to be a dominant force in the NFL.

Well, we're not the only ones spoiled. Look at Colts fans and Patriots fans. I'm looking forward to the downfall of those 2 teams. Can't stand either of them.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Well, we're not the only ones spoiled. Look at Colts fans and Patriots fans. I'm looking forward to the downfall of those 2 teams. Can't stand either of them.
downfall is a precarious word.
it might or might not happen, but if they keep playing there cards right you might wait a while.

OP
OP
shiftysdad

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Danreb said:

downfall is a precarious word.
it might or might not happen, but if they keep playing there cards right you might wait a while.

I don't know.

Patriots are going to have a hangover from losing the Superbowl.

And the Colts have been slowly degrading.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts