Instead of Love, who would you have taken

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right, Gute and company have gotten near universal condemnations for the pick, so put your your neck out there and tell us who you would have taken. Find out who knows more than the Packer FO.

I would have taken ILB Patrick Queen. I was sure that was who the Packers traded up for. I was so happy when the trade was announced because I was sweating his availability with the Ravens before us.

Anyway, I think Queen is a quickly ascending player who will get better the next few years and be a stud ILB. This would have helped our DBs with his coverage skills and the run defense with his speed and disruptiveness.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would've preferred OT Josh Jones with a close 2nd WR Tee Higgins. Jones would've given GB flexibility at both tackle spots (injury replacement without shuffling line) in '20, and ready for full-time starting gig in '21 if Bakh isn't re-signed or Wagner doesn't cut it at RT.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF we didn't trade back....but that isn't the scenario. When I saw we traded up I figured for sure it was Queen or Mims or perhaps a DL they had circled like Blacklock.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would've preferred OT Josh Jones with a close 2nd WR Tee Higgins. Jones would've given GB flexibility at both tackle spots (injury replacement without shuffling line) in '20, and ready for full-time starting gig in '21 if Bakh isn't re-signed or Wagner doesn't cut it at RT.
Jones was a close 2nd for me.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF we didn't trade back....but that isn't the scenario. When I saw we traded up I figured for sure it was Queen or Mims or perhaps a DL they had circled like Blacklock.

Yup, pretty much this. I'm not as high as others on Queen, but when we traded up, I thought for sure it was going to be for him. I would have been fine with it. I would have been fine with Jones or a DT as well. Still hoping we pull off Mims or Pittman somehow.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Pittman or Mims at #30 or trade back. That's what I was hoping for.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks out of Texas Tech. Once I saw Murray go early I moved off of Winfield the Safety and wanted Brooks. 6'0 240 4.54 speed, can bust through the hole, can cover, above average tackler (Struggles a bit in passing game tackling). I had him above Queen because Queen played behind those heavy a**ed D-Lineman at LSU and Brooks didn't. Brooks played more with what he would've played with in Green Bay.

Now again, I'm not saying QB was the wrong move...I just think Jordan Love was, but also Love was one of those guys I didn't see in college where as I had seen most of the rest of the QB class.

Members online

Latest posts