Ingle Martin

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admitt, I was shocked and stunned when we spent a 5th round pick on Ingle Martin. But as time goes by and I read more and more about this guy, and after hearing the interview with him, he sounds like a genuine down to earth guy. He might even be worth a 5th round pick.

Does anyone know if he's a good punter? If he would be able to make it as our #1 punter and #3 QB, we would be a threat to fake a pass on a punt play quite often...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said hes blessed at punting, and will work on it more now. He said he punts FOR FUN! Who the hell punts for fun? the kid is hilarious, seems nice. His QB skills seem a bit underrated. He supposedly broke some records in florida I believe he said.

-Qb depth(MM isnt sold on A-Rod, favre wont be here forever,good 3rd string)
-backup punter (dont act like its not important...Sander?)
-Holder (Longwell blamed holding...now it shouldnt be an excuse)

we all went "Wha? " when we seen his name. Looks like a solid pick though. lets hope it works out. I dont want ANY of these picks to be wastes\busts(i wont get my wish though) but lets hope it works out.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was worth a 3rd round pick to be honest. He transfered from Florida because of Chris Leak. He's built better than Leak and has a very nice arm. I think he'll push Rodgers in the future.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Yeah, now the excuse will be kicking. :p

Anyway, from what I've read so far Martin looks like a solid pick and could be a pretty good QB in a few years.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with taking a "gamble" with a 5th rounder...and I don't even know if he's a gamble...he sounds like a fairly stable pick with a lot of upside...and a little competition never hurt anyone (AR).

Brooks87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the pick of Ingle Martin.I heard he was blowing scouts away at the combine.Plus hopefully he'll push rodgers when competing in camp.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
He said hes blessed at punting, and will work on it more now. He said he punts FOR FUN! Who the hell punts for fun? the kid is hilarious, seems nice. His QB skills seem a bit underrated. He supposedly broke some records in florida I believe he said.

-Qb depth(MM isnt sold on A-Rod, favre wont be here forever,good 3rd string)
-backup punter (dont act like its not important...Sander?)

we all went "Wha? " when we seen his name. Looks like a solid pick though. lets hope it works out. I dont want ANY of these picks to be wastes\busts(i wont get my wish though) but lets hope it works out.

The pick is fine.

I'd like to know why I get ripped whenever I say I'm not sold on Rodgers yet you say MM feels the same way.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anybody really rips anybody for saying they aren't sold on Rodgers yet. Nobody can really be sold on him as he hasn't really played. People have said to give him a chance before you diss him though, which I do agree with.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I don't think anybody really rips anybody for saying they aren't sold on Rodgers yet. Nobody can really be sold on him as he hasn't really played. People have said to give him a chance before you diss him though, which I do agree with.

Wrong. That's all I've ever said about the guy. I'd also like to know why "nobody can really be sold on him as he hasn't played". He's a #1 pick. I know that I'm sold on A.J. Hawk and he hasn't really played!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said yesterday I wanted us to take Ingle Martin with a late pick. I watched him at the combine where he seemed to be paired with Whitehurst and Cutler and he really impressed me. Was better than Whitehurst I thought and as good as Cutler. Plus we get at least a backup punter. This is a great pick. I was more excited about this pick than any other because I thought he was great value.

Members online

Latest posts