1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

In ALL this winning and record setting, it seems we are...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Obi1, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Overlooking a quietly rising Detroit Lions team.

Are they for real?
    They are 3-1 and just beat the Bears. Though I'd like to prepare for the Bears, if I were the Packer brass, I'd keep a watch on the Lions...

Though it is early season, it is already 1/4 over and the balance of power has shifted.

Anyone have any thing on the Lions?

2. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't defend the pass, Not consistently good at running the ball. We own 'em.

3. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what makes the lions great is there depth at receiver. there top 2 WR may not be better than the other teams top 2 corners. but there 3rd,4th,5th receivers are better than almost any teams 3rd,4th,5th corners. thats how they beat teams

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ive had to watch the lions twice...

they arent as good as they're record

wait till they play legit teams like us.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude Trom, update ur sig. I'm a little excited to see the rundown on wk 4

6. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: In ALL this winning and record setting, it seems we are.

replace "great" with "okay"

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    34 points in one quarter? good job lions, but seems like a breakdown by the bears...

8. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not at all sold on the Lions. Their defense is very weak, and they have given up a lot of points even in their wins. I don't think they have played at a high level overall this year. I think what happened to them in Philly last week was a look at the "real" Lions, although they will always be capable of winning shootouts because of their offensive weapons.

9. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    whether the real lions show up to play, or the fake ones, we have to beat them either way. I've said it before; i am NOT worried about whether our players show up each and every week to play football. Let's beat the Bears next week. Take nothing for granted. I think of teams with a sense of entitlement, and I see the Chargers. Come to battle. Come to win. There's a reason they play the games.

10. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The Detroit Lions have faced way easier opponents, they've faced the Vikings, Raiders, Bears (they obviously suck again). The only time they faced real competition was against the Eagles and they got raped.

McNabb torched them with deep bombs all game, man Kevin Curtis had what, 200 yards receiving? I think we're gonna beat them.