In ALL this winning and record setting, it seems we are...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overlooking a quietly rising Detroit Lions team.

Are they for real?
They are 3-1 and just beat the Bears. Though I'd like to prepare for the Bears, if I were the Packer brass, I'd keep a watch on the Lions...

Though it is early season, it is already 1/4 over and the balance of power has shifted.

Anyone have any thing on the Lions?

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what makes the lions great is there depth at receiver. there top 2 WR may not be better than the other teams top 2 corners. but there 3rd,4th,5th receivers are better than almost any teams 3rd,4th,5th corners. thats how they beat teams

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ive had to watch the lions twice...

they arent as good as they're record

wait till they play legit teams like us.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: In ALL this winning and record setting, it seems we are.

what makes the lions great is there depth at receiver. there top 2 WR may not be better than the other teams top 2 corners. but there 3rd,4th,5th receivers are better than almost any teams 3rd,4th,5th corners. thats how they beat teams

replace "great" with "okay"

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not at all sold on the Lions. Their defense is very weak, and they have given up a lot of points even in their wins. I don't think they have played at a high level overall this year. I think what happened to them in Philly last week was a look at the "real" Lions, although they will always be capable of winning shootouts because of their offensive weapons.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whether the real lions show up to play, or the fake ones, we have to beat them either way. I've said it before; i am NOT worried about whether our players show up each and every week to play football. Let's beat the Bears next week. Take nothing for granted. I think of teams with a sense of entitlement, and I see the Chargers. Come to battle. Come to win. There's a reason they play the games.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Detroit Lions have faced way easier opponents, they've faced the Vikings, Raiders, Bears (they obviously suck again). The only time they faced real competition was against the Eagles and they got *****.

McNabb torched them with deep bombs all game, man Kevin Curtis had what, 200 yards receiving? I think we're gonna beat them.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts