1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If You Had To Pick Any QB...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    If Aaron Rodgers wasn't in the league and the Packers had their pick of any QB in the league to head their team, who would you want them to pick?

I would go with Andrew Luck.

2. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Fishing ?

3. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    I'd go w/Wilson. RGIII I'm sure has learned how to slide & will slide more to protect himself if he wants a long career in the NFL. People like to talk about the sophomore slump. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    I think Luck has it all and he is young. Wilson, from what I hear, has great character.

5. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Luck would be my #2. I believe we have Rodgers until 2019. IMO either 2016 or 17 Packers will use a 1st to 3rd round pick on a QB to sit behind Rodgers like he did Favre

6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,113
    Kaepernick. And that opinion has a lot less to do with his running than his passing.

7. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +357
    Shane Falco. Kid's got heart.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    The Replacements?
    Well in that case, I want Willy Beamen from Any Given Sunday, he's the kid who could replace a DennisQuaid/BrettFavre looking Older Aaron Rodgers some day.... when our coach sheds 203 lbs and looks like Al Pacino.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Kaep. He'll join the elite level long before any of the rookies. Maybe Ryan if he ever learns let off the choke.

10. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    RGIII. He rarely turns the ball over.

If we're not limiting it to the NFL, then Rico Dynamite. The guy just needs a shot and his pursuit of excellence is relentless.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Brady. I could see his wife seriously upgrading the local scenery and he is decent and smart with his decisions.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Brady's only going to be QBing for another 3 yrs at most 4. He's still good but not great

13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,113
    Brady is still great, but the age issue is well taken. If he was 30, I'd pick him.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,113
    No way. He's been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Matt Flynn. Greatest QB of all time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,113
    I get the running gag, but it looks like Flynn threw the ball pretty well yesterday, despite the surrounding talent perhaps leaving something to be desired.

12 - 18, 124 yds, 1 TD, no ints, 117.7 passer rating in one half of play. He also got sacked 5 times, scrambled once, and had his line incur two false starts. It is interesting to note that after the sacks and the penalties, he led a passing scoring drive. Say what you want about Flynn and his limitations, the guy is a gamer.

17. WOLF PACK

WOLF PACK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I like Russell Wilson a lot and would go with him but in a fantasy world I would get Brett to come out of retirement, AGAIN lol I am sorry, I know many fellow Packers fans might dislike Favre but I love him and as great as ARod is, I still miss watching the old Gunslinger in a Packers uni.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    As of right now, considering factors being age, big arm, and ability = Luck. What he did as a rookie was outstanding

19. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    For just one season Brady (and I despise the guy)...for a franchise build I gotta go Luck for sure.

20. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Since there are no parameters around this question, I'd probably go Brady as well. He's got years left who says we won't get to cherry pick the best QB again in a few years. I don't want a guy with potential right now, I want the guy that can bring a championship the next three seasons. Then I'll take Luck/Wilson/Griffith...

21. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Upon further review, if Rodgers never existed (mom stayed sober that night) or was a washout, we could have picked almost any QB not in the top 20 or so in any year since then. Matt Flynn may be our QB or Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy, Kaepernick, all depending on TT's guesstimate of how much Favre he could handle and who the chosen successor was.

22. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +357
    Willy B is a worthy attempt to raise the stakes Herr Dog, I commend your boldness. However, I shall now raise YOU Sirrah, with a nomination of John Moxon from Varsity Blues. True he's no Lance Harbor, but he comes from a Texas QB-making machine school with a legendary head coach, (prior to his temporary suspension in Mox's final year), and has teachers who also strip on the weekends.

Have at you!

23. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Phillip Rivers. Give him some protection and watch the ball whizz by the defenders.

24. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Rivers throws more INTs the the ol' gunslinger himself

25. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    But he is FUN to watch and he helped me win my fantasy football league a few years back :)