IF We were to get Moss ......

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would have a potentially explosive WR lineup of Driver, Moss, Jennings, K-Rob, Ferguson, Martin and Holliday. Probably 2 of those would need to be cut, put on the practice squad, or traded.

Do we want to risk putting Holliday on the practice squad -- where any team can sign him? Does Martin move past Ferguson to hold the 5th WR spot? Does Ferguson have any realistic trade value (other than getting Sherman to take him to the Texans)?

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the coaching staff is as low on Ferguson as some of the fans are. Are you including Koren Robinson in this scenario? It becomes tough to retain these players if we make a spot for K-Rob later on.

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the coaching staff is as low on Ferguson as some of the fans are. Are you including Koren Robinson in this scenario? It becomes tough to retain these players if we make a spot for K-Rob later on.

That is including Robinson as the 4th WR. I do not see us dropping him if he is reinstated because of his value as a returner. We do have the luxury of holding onto one of the others for a couple of weeks into the season until Robinson become available.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I see Ferguson at 4, Martin at 5, and Holliday at 6. I guess Holliday drops out after K Rob comes back. I also see Martin and Ferguson swapping 4 and 5 a bit, depending on what we need on the field.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres too many possibilities that we don't know yet. Will Moss be here? Will K-Rob even BE reinstated? Will GB draft a WR? I just don't have the answers yet. Hopefully tomorrow we will have more of an idea whats really gonna happen.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be wise to pick up a couple of WRs in this draft because it is so deep at the position. You can get players that have a good chance to develop into good starters in the 4th and 5th rounds of this draft. It is a big receiver class, and is a talented receiver class.

Receivers I would like to see the Packers draft:

Dwayne Jarrett
Dwayne Bowe
Jason Hill
Sidney Rice
Ted Ginn, Jr.
Laurent Robinson
Mike Walker
Paul Williams
Rhema McKnight

Members online

Latest posts