I FINALLY made it up to practice Monday!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife just about PUSHED me out the door to go! (I'm glad she did now!) I have not been doing well the last 4 days, so she thought i needed my "fix" of the Packers. I got up to GB a little late, but still got to see plenty of practice. There were only maybe 75 people or so watching. Quite a small crowd. The bleachers, which are FILLED during training camp, had plenty of spots to sit down. Plus it was cloudy and cool, which usually it's HOT during camp. I think one of the highlights was Donald Lee grabbing a HIGH Favre bullit with ONE hand and pulling it down. A GREAT catch that got ooooh and ahhhs from the croud. I also noticed that during the punt return drill, they were practicing ALOT of reverses! I wonder if they are going to use that in the regular season? It was good to see AJ Hawk out there practicing too! He was fast, and all over the field.
After practice, i decided to go up to the fenced in area where the players park. The players don't walk to or ride kid's bikes during the OTA's, so you have to wait by the fence and yell to get the players to come over and sign autographs. Well, i brought along a laminated poster (like the one Heather got for me, but this one is laminated in plastic) of Lambeau Field during the first kickoff after they updated the stadium. It was windy, and hard to hold it over the fence, but it did get the players attention, and i was able to "score" a few signatures! (28 to be exact!) A few of the more well known that i got were AJ Hawk, Cory Rodgers, Abdul Hodge, Aaron Kampman, Scott Wells, Samkon Gado, Corey Williams, Marviel Underwood, Ingle Martin, Chad Lucas and Noah Herron. I JUST missed Greg Jennings when i had to take a bathroom break!
So it was LOTS of fun!
I did take some photos, and as soon as i can get the film developed i will send a few to Ryan to post!
Thats my report from Green Bay!
Cheesey

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was great!
And to top it off, on the way home i stopped at the store and bought a few packs of football cards (for those that don't know, i collect football and baseball cards) and i made my best pull of the year so far. Out of the Topps Draft Picks, i pulled a dual autographed rookie card of Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush! It's #25 of only 25 made!
Oh.........AND i pulled a "Class Marks" autographed card of QB Charlie Whitehurst, numbered 19 of 50 made! Charlie is the son of ex-Packer QB David Whitehurst!
So with my Packer autographs, and these cards, it was a day to remember!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you feel better now.

Don't worry on missing Jennings he will be around awhile.

Film? It's the 21st century.

I'm happy for you. I sure wish I could go and see a few things.

Sometimes wives know you better than you know yourself.
Give her a present for letting you out of the house.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C-mize.....living 95 miles away from GB does have it's advantages! I have really learned to appreciate where i live from hearing from people like you, who don't have the chances i do.

C-cheesehead........i'm doing a little better today, but still not great. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement!

Calicheez........YES! FILM!!! LOLOL!!! I know it seems sooooo old, but if you saw the pictures i have taken, you maybe would go BACK to film!
Besides........the camera i use cost my wife $600 back in 1986! I am SO used to it, and know how to use it! Plus.......i don't have the money for one of them high tootin' fancy schmantzi fandangled digital ones!!! (If i did, i'd get one in a second!!!)LOLOL!!! But i don't want to replace my high quality "MODEL T" with a low quality digital. If i ever DO change, it's got to be with at least an equal quality wise. I don't want my picture quality to suffer.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
It was great!
And to top it off, on the way home i stopped at the store and bought a few packs of football cards (for those that don't know, i collect football and baseball cards) and i made my best pull of the year so far. Out of the Topps Draft Picks, i pulled a dual autographed rookie card of Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush! It's #25 of only 25 made!

dude...score!

well, i guess they still have to get that whole "performing well in the NFL" thing out of the way, but still. potential big score!!

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup Arrow! "IF" they turn out to be good, that card will be a highlight of my collection.
The funny thing is, i pulled a memoribilia card from Fleer Baseball at the same store 2 years ago, with 4 pieces of game used bat! The pieces are from Frank Robinson, Eddie Mathews, Reggie Jackson, and BABE RUTH! The card is also numbered to 25! TWO of by all time best pulls from the same store.
I told my wife that when i die she can sell my collection, as then i won't care! :D

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have not been big crowds for these OTA sessions. but there will be huge crowds for training camp practices during opening of '06 Training camp weekend ,especially the first night practice under the lights on Friday, July 28 at Clarke Hinkle Field.

Green Bay is expecting large number of people in town with opening of Packer training camp and to see the 10 to 13 Tall sailing ships who will be docked on the banks of Fox River downtown Green Bay- July 27-31, 2006 .

Also being held at the same time at is the first time ever " Green Bay Festival " being held at Leicht Memorial Park. This park is on West side of GB is located next to old Chicago & Northwestern RR Depot (now Titletown Brewery & Restaurant) The Festival starts Fri. July 28th and ends Monday July 31st and "Green Bay Festival "is being held in same area where of Tall Sailing Ships are docked .

Opening weekend of Packer Training camp, Tall Sailing Ships in Green Bay and the "Green Bay Festival." All at the same time!!! It should be a great weekend to be in Green Bay!!!

. Read about it in PWT36 commentary in PFnews board. or Visit www.tallshipgreenbay.com or call 888-867-3342

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks likr that will be a time to stay awy from GB for me! It's always busy during camp, and this will make it like a zoo!

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D Congratulations Cheesey on real adventure and making the most of your opportunities. Nice effort on those autographs. Think a couple of them will become real special in a few yrs. Hope you are doing better and understand the lack of enthusiasm for large crowds. Looking forward to your photographic artwork. This should set you up for that part in the film; don't you think?

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
My wife just about PUSHED me out the door to go! (I'm glad she did now!) I have not been doing well the last 4 days, so she thought i needed my "fix" of the Packers. I got up to GB a little late, but still got to see plenty of practice. There were only maybe 75 people or so watching. Quite a small crowd. The bleachers, which are FILLED during training camp, had plenty of spots to sit down. Plus it was cloudy and cool, which usually it's HOT during camp. I think one of the highlights was Donald Lee grabbing a HIGH Favre bullit with ONE hand and pulling it down. A GREAT catch that got ooooh and ahhhs from the croud. I also noticed that during the punt return drill, they were practicing ALOT of reverses! I wonder if they are going to use that in the regular season? It was good to see AJ Hawk out there practicing too! He was fast, and all over the field.
After practice, i decided to go up to the fenced in area where the players park. The players don't walk to or ride kid's bikes during the OTA's, so you have to wait by the fence and yell to get the players to come over and sign autographs. Well, i brought along a laminated poster (like the one Heather got for me, but this one is laminated in plastic) of Lambeau Field during the first kickoff after they updated the stadium. It was windy, and hard to hold it over the fence, but it did get the players attention, and i was able to "score" a few signatures! (28 to be exact!) A few of the more well known that i got were AJ Hawk, Cory Rodgers, Abdul Hodge, Aaron Kampman, Scott Wells, Samkon Gado, Corey Williams, Marviel Underwood, Ingle Martin, Chad Lucas and Noah Herron. I JUST missed Greg Jennings when i had to take a bathroom break!
So it was LOTS of fun!
I did take some photos, and as soon as i can get the film developed i will send a few to Ryan to post!
Thats my report from Green Bay!
Cheesey

Nice work Cheesey. That's really great that you got all of those sigs as well. You have to be one of the luckiest fans in the NFL. :wink: I wish I could do something like that with my favorite team but I live way too far away. :cry:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chiabiabos...........yup, i should be in the film! But i doubt that will happen!
I WILL be sure to have some pics posted as soon as i get them done!

P.S.54........i know, i AM lucky to have these opportunities. Being on this site gives me even more of an appreciation for what i have.
Hopefully some day you will get to see the Bears like i have got to see the Pack!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
awesome cheesey!! i'm so glad you made it up there & sure hope you're feeling better by now!!! you picked a great day to go - it was almost COLD here. way to go on scoring the awesome autographs & football cards - ya lucky little *****!! :)

Members online

Latest posts