1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

How long have you been a Packers fan for?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ClemsonFan, Oct 22, 2011.

1. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Since '58. The year I was born.

2. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Since '86 year I was born. Instead of the typical blue parents paint your room when your born mine was green and gold

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    Since 2001. Favre got me really into football.

4. Flpackerfan

Flpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ever since I was born 23 years ago. You mean there are other teams to root for? Have not had a chance to make a game yet but when I get my PhD in 4 years my prize is a trip to Lambo with my dad and wife!

5. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I was born in 1977 and I remember Bart Starr coaching, so there you go.

6. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    My Dad has always been a fan and thus, I have been. The first Packers game I recall watching was actually SB 31. And my first big NFL game memory was Desmond Howard's Kick Return.

7. MarkDe

MarkDe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was born in 1956 and I think I was 4 or 5.....so since 1960-1961? The first time I remember seeing them on our old black and white tv I loved the way they looked (uniforms)......and they were winners. Have been a fanatic ever since.

8. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Probably around 2001 or 2002. My parents hate football so I never got to watch it as a really young kid like a lot of you guys.

9. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +35
    Since I was born :D

10. bozo

bozo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    59 years, 8 months, & 18 days...hope I'm not giving my age away LOL!

11. PackerFanInTexas

PackerFanInTexas Packer fan since '93

Ratings:
    +1
  12. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I learned how to swear from watching Packer games with my father in the 80's. Heck, at his funeral all of us pal bearers wore Packer Jerseys.

13. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    I was born in January of '66 less than a block from the Niners original home, Kezar Stadium in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. As a young child my sport was baseball. I was a S.F. Giants fan.

Football kind of eased into my consciousness in the 70's with the Steelers dynasty and the Cowpukes always on TV.
    My dad was born in Milwaukee and was a hard core Packers fan. Sooo, I started watching the Packers and the Niners with him. Then the Niners hired Walsh and drafted Montana and they got great. I watched them every weekend. The Pack I only watched on occasion. This was pretty much my football watching MO for 20 years. Then in '96 when I had to move in with mom & dad for a while... and after hearing for so many years that "the Pack is Back!" I was over joyed to be able to watch the Packers win the Superbowl with my dad. Since then I've been able to watch a lot more football with him and learn much more about the Championship team he grew up with. I've slowly grown to really appreciate the Packers, the organization, it's history and it's FANS. 99.999% of all the experiences I've had with Packer fans have been incredible. They've been a real joy to hang out and watch football with.

So there ya go. I love the Packers... but they are my number 2 team!

14. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,167
    Who could forget John Brodie? I remember the Niners way back when too. Part of the reason one of my sons is a Niners fan is because he grew up in the Steve Young Era. At the time, the Packers weren't the hottest thing around. Even though I tried to rear him right.... I notice your posts sound an awful lot like his comments. We've got a little Father/Son rivalry going right now over football.

• Like Like x 1