How long have you been a Packers fan for?

Flpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ever since I was born 23 years ago. You mean there are other teams to root for? Have not had a chance to make a game yet but when I get my PhD in 4 years my prize is a trip to Lambo with my dad and wife!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
My Dad has always been a fan and thus, I have been. The first Packers game I recall watching was actually SB 31. And my first big NFL game memory was Desmond Howard's Kick Return.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably around 2001 or 2002. My parents hate football so I never got to watch it as a really young kid like a lot of you guys.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
59 years, 8 months, & 18 days...hope I'm not giving my age away LOL!

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I learned how to swear from watching Packer games with my father in the 80's. Heck, at his funeral all of us pal bearers wore Packer Jerseys.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born in January of '66 less than a block from the Niners original home, Kezar Stadium in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. As a young child my sport was baseball. I was a S.F. Giants fan.

Football kind of eased into my consciousness in the 70's with the Steelers dynasty and the Cowpukes always on TV.
My dad was born in Milwaukee and was a hard core Packers fan. Sooo, I started watching the Packers and the Niners with him. Then the Niners hired Walsh and drafted Montana and they got great. I watched them every weekend. The Pack I only watched on occasion. This was pretty much my football watching MO for 20 years. Then in '96 when I had to move in with mom & dad for a while... and after hearing for so many years that "the Pack is Back!" I was over joyed to be able to watch the Packers win the Superbowl with my dad. Since then I've been able to watch a lot more football with him and learn much more about the Championship team he grew up with. I've slowly grown to really appreciate the Packers, the organization, it's history and it's FANS. 99.999% of all the experiences I've had with Packer fans have been incredible. They've been a real joy to hang out and watch football with.

So there ya go. I love the Packers... but they are my number 2 team!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was born in January of '66 less than a block from the Niners original home, Kezar Stadium in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. As a young child my sport was baseball. I was a S.F. Giants fan.

Football kind of eased into my consciousness in the 70's with the Steelers dynasty and the Cowpukes always on TV.
My dad was born in Milwaukee and was a hard core Packers fan. Sooo, I started watching the Packers and the Niners with him. Then the Niners hired Walsh and drafted Montana and they got great. I watched them every weekend. The Pack I only watched on occasion. This was pretty much my football watching MO for 20 years. Then in '96 when I had to move in with mom & dad for a while... and after hearing for so many years that "the Pack is Back!" I was over joyed to be able to watch the Packers win the Superbowl with my dad. Since then I've been able to watch a lot more football with him and learn much more about the Championship team he grew up with. I've slowly grown to really appreciate the Packers, the organization, it's history and it's FANS. 99.999% of all the experiences I've had with Packer fans have been incredible. They've been a real joy to hang out and watch football with.

So there ya go. I love the Packers... but they are my number 2 team!

Who could forget John Brodie? I remember the Niners way back when too. Part of the reason one of my sons is a Niners fan is because he grew up in the Steve Young Era. At the time, the Packers weren't the hottest thing around. Even though I tried to rear him right.... I notice your posts sound an awful lot like his comments. We've got a little Father/Son rivalry going right now over football.

Members online

Latest posts