1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How close are the Pack to clinching the division....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pat4DaPack, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    and the #1 seed in the conference? It would seem with our record that we should be close to both.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    Could have sworn I heard if the Pack won today they secured at least a wild card birth

But they are 4 games ahead of the Bears and Lions now..We need the Bears to lose to remain 4 games back...

So 4 games ahead with 5 to go...

Pack are 2 games ahead of the Niners---they are the closest to taking #1 seed from the Pack

3. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    One more win I want to say. #1 seed, we don't know, depends on how many more losses the 49ers have, if both teams keep winning we clinch first seed after we defeat the Bears. Other than that its in the future.

4. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    I wont be surprised if the Saints get the #2 seed. The 49ers were exposed big time against the Ravens. However, the 49ers do have an easy schedule upcoming.

5. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    Yes, you are correct.
    We are 1 win away from clinching the division, and we are 3 wins from clinching the won seed (Assuming that the 49ers win the rest of their games)

6. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Well, the Bears would have to win out and the Packers would have to lose them all for GB to lose the division.

The best thing right now is being undefeated in the conference and the division.

7. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    I think we haven't technically clinched anything yet, and it may still take 2 Bears losses, a Lions loss and another Packers win to clinch the division. However, I think it would be nothing short of utterly bizarre for us to miss the playoffs at this point.

8. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Yea I think pack would lose to the raiders. Or cop out last game to maintain healthy crew.

I would rather go 15-1 with the loss game game of year with HFA clinched and looking good. Than 16-0 with several key players down.

9. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    I missed the playoff scenario thread; as it happens, we can clinch a wild-card with losses by Atlanta and New York. (Dallas won, eliminating a couple of other scenarios.)

10. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    I dont think they were necessarily exposed, they still played a great defensive game and we knew what teams had to do was make sure they didnt score many points because thats what the Niners are going to do to your team.

As far as clinching the division.

If we beat The Giants and The Bears and Lions lose next week, thats our division clinched.
    If not as soon as we get 13 wins, Detroit is out of the race and so is the Bears giving they drop to 7-4 this week or 8-4 the following etc.

Top seed is nearly in the bag, we need atleast 14 wins though. Niner's still have a couple of losses to come their way when they play Pittsburgh so hopefully they will drop again.