Honey badger in late rounds?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd definitely take him in the 1st round if i needed a safety or corner. Yea he has had his issues but he's also one of the best defensive players in the entire draft and still a kid. Right locker room and group of guys will help him turn things around. His combine performance makes him a 1st rd pick if you ask me.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So you're saying if Janoris Jenkins, who had a great year as a rookie and was also kicked off Florida's team for many of the same issues as Mathieu only to be selcted in the second round last year by the Rams, would've slipped to the third or fourth round you wouldn't have taken him? It's high risk versus high reward and when it comes to drafting a player in the mid rounds I think most would agree the reward greatly outweighs the risk.
Jenkins didn't sit out a year of football before declaring for the draft. Jenkin's biggest problem was his lower brain.

H

HardRightEdge

I watched the NFL Network coverage of the DB Combine day.

One of the coaches had all the guys gathered around for a mini-lecture on personal responsibility, the message being don't blow your career by being a knucklehead off the field. HB started out paying attention. After about a minute he had his arms draped over the guys standing in front of him while staring off at the sidelines, as if to say, "yeah, yeah, what's next?"

Deion was gushing over him...calling him a leader and a starting cover corner. Dion's subsequent on-field interview begged the question, "leading to where?" HB's personal assessment is that while Megatron will get his 5 catches, he'd get his two turnovers. There's confidence, and then there's false bravado. Oh well, no accounting for CB's I suppose.

The name "Tim Jennings" came up during analyst discussions as a characterization of Deion's perceived upside.

In on-field drills, it is evident why some people like him...he's very quick and his reaction/change of direction is remarkable. 20 yd. shuttle was an outstanding 4.1; not quite Champ Bailey/Carlos Rodgers 3.8. On the other hand, he only managed 4 lifts at 225 and a vertical of 34, which raises questions about his hard hitting rep translating to the NFL and ability to jump with all the tall wideouts. Jennings lifted 17 and went 37 1/2 coming out. In any event, he ought to be a productive punt returner.

Regarding the drug issues, I'm not sure what's worse...chronic marijuana usage or being stupid enough to get caught so frequently.

I'm not so sure he'd be well placed in a young clubhouse. A vet defense would be a better fit where the chances of spinning out of orbit would be reduced.

I'd pass.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Damaged goods. I wouldn't even put him on my draft board. Teo either. We're too good to be messing with garbage like that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damaged goods. I wouldn't even put him on my draft board. Teo either. We're too good to be messing with garbage like that.

Wow. He who is without sin cast the first stone. You make it sound like these fellas are hardened criminals or sorry football players.

H

HardRightEdge

I hope he get's a new nickname when he gets to the show.

"Honey Badger"...sounds like an aggressive stripper. Or maybe an nagging wife?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. He who is without sin cast the first stone. You make it sound like these fellas are hardened criminals or sorry football players.

Oh please! Spare me the silly socially correct lecture. The NFL draft is all about passing judgment on hundreds of prospects. When your board only contains around 125 prospects it might be good imo if you keep it free of clowns, jackwagons and bad actors. We are one of the half dozen elite franchises in the league and yes, we ARE too good for certain types. Leave yesterdays trash for franchises like the Raiders,Cowboys and Bengals. They celebrate bad behavior and me first people.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think the guy is starting to mature a lot as a person. He knows he's a screw-up and that's the first step to fixing his issues. He's a talented player. I wouldn't mind him in the later rounds. Maybe use him on special teams as a returner since Cobb is probably going to be a full time starter on offense now.

Although I wouldn't take him anytime before the 4th.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
We have had players in the past that have had "issues", but I wouldn't be able to even begin to trust this kid, talented or otherwise, if I was TT. Let the troubled trash go to a team that does not have as much class as the Packers organization. We don't need that type of junk in a small town or on a team such as ours. The perfect fit would be the Raiders, they seem to like troubled trash.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you guy's are killing me. You do realize we have like ONE maybe two true playmakers on defense right? The guy can quit smoking but you can't take away his play making ability. I'd grab him in the 1st if i needed a corner!!! He's a first round talent pot head or not. I remember alot of teams passing on Jenkins and he's turning out to be a great player.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh please! Spare me the silly socially correct lecture. The NFL draft is all about passing judgment on hundreds of prospects. When your board only contains around 125 prospects it might be good imo if you keep it free of clowns, jackwagons and bad actors. We are one of the half dozen elite franchises in the league and yes, we ARE too good for certain types. Leave yesterdays trash for franchises like the Raiders,Cowboys and Bengals. They celebrate bad behavior and me first people.

Silly Socially correct lecture?? ummm Jesus said that bro...Jesus.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He won't be around late in the draft anyways. I personally wouldn't mind grabbing him sooner then later. We always have a need for play makers.

Finally!! thank you bro..this is what i was saying. It's not like we have a slew of playmakers running around on defense.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Silly Socially correct lecture?? ummm Jesus said that bro...Jesus.

I know and it absolutely does not apply to the content of this thread. No one is trying to put him in jail. I just don't want the Packers to have anything to do with him.

Members online

Latest posts